Author Topic: Neo Forum Mafia - Game Over  (Read 1029530 times)

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
Re: Neo Forum Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #150 on: March 06, 2020, 03:32:20 AM »
unless you have a better suggestion?
i dont think anyone will follow you on nnr because i can already guess the response he's going to make and then what are you going to do? say ok and drop it? wow so much pressure.

vote shadoweh with me so she shows up and gets a better vote (or gets lynched).

most of us havent played mafia in ages and even if we did idr anyone having super high confidence reads on anyone.

Nuxl

• smogon.com/forums/members/nuxl.149971/
  • smogon.com/forums/forums/circus-maximus.78/
« Reply #151 on: March 06, 2020, 03:34:05 AM »
most of us havent played mafia in ages and even if we did idr anyone having super high confidence reads on anyone.

kk. different site mentality thing ig

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #152 on: March 06, 2020, 03:36:22 AM »
also id love to ping tommy to pop in but im psure thats illegal given noc rules so fire truck

I would prefer people not do this, yes. I would also have preferred people not give alerts on Discord but what's done is done.

Vote Count 1.2

O4rfish (Rumia) (0):
Prims (Narumi Yatadera) (1): Raikaria
Dormio (Ran Yakumo) (2): sb, Niektory
Shadoweh (Yuuka Kazami) (2): Conqueror, Dormio Ergo Sum, ActionDan, zwerdjib, Conqueror
Conqueror (Tenshi Hinanawi) (1): Shadoweh
Serela (Koishi Komeiji) (0): Serela
sb (Sanae Kochiya) (1): Xinnidy
AbuHumaid (YuugenMagan) (1): Serela
Raikaria (Sunny Milk) (0):
Xinnidy (Yumemi Okazaki) (0):
zwerdjib (Yuyuko Saigyouji) (4): AbuHumaid, Dormio Ergo Sum, O4rfish, Refa
Refa (Reimu Hakurei) (0): zwerdjib
ActionDan (Rinnosuke Morichika) (0):
NekoNekoRex (Chen) (1): zwerdjib
Duskfall98 (Shinki) (1): Nuxl
Nuxl (Youki Konpaku) (1): Prims
Niektory (Yukari Yakumo) (0):

Not voting (2): NekoNekoRex, Duskfall98

With 17 alive, it takes 9 votes to lynch someone. You have a tremendous number of nanoseconds remaining to cast your votes.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #153 on: March 06, 2020, 03:39:39 AM »
i dont think anyone will follow you on nnr because i can already guess the response he's going to make and then what are you going to do? say ok and drop it? wow so much pressure.

this is assuming hes town, of course, i assume?

im still gonna take this course and you cannot stop me. tbh you should help instead. at least shadoweh has said *words*.

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #154 on: March 06, 2020, 03:40:44 AM »
also sleeping now

i am a sneaky boy

(this is for real)

Conqueror

« Reply #155 on: March 06, 2020, 03:45:22 AM »
this is assuming hes town, of course, i assume?

im still gonna take this course and you cannot stop me. tbh you should help instead. at least shadoweh has said *words*.
this isnt assuming anything about nnr's flip, it's just a push that goes nowhere in 99% of cases.
shadoweh's words are exactly why im voting her smh.

Refa

• There's a crying tree dropping apples on me...
  • ...and now I'm fighting God
    • You Won't Believe
« Reply #156 on: March 06, 2020, 04:13:18 AM »
i think conversely because of page 3 actually

Can you explain this one further?

(justification for nnr vote is like a page back iirc)

Can you quote that?

Nuxl

« Reply #157 on: March 06, 2020, 04:18:27 AM »
Can you explain this one further?

i disagree with your vote

Refa

• You Won't Believe
« Reply #158 on: March 06, 2020, 04:18:46 AM »
Zwerd, please don't focus on meta so much because to my knowledge it doesn't exist. Just makes it harder reading you TBH.

Conq, what's your opinion on Zwerd? You've mentioned why his push is weak but no thoughts on the slot itself.

Nuxl, I don't get why you think there's a load of content. Literally nothing has interested me except Zwerd and the Conq/Shadoweh exchange.

Nuxl

« Reply #159 on: March 06, 2020, 04:19:13 AM »
Nuxl, I don't get why you think there's a load of content. Literally nothing has interested me except Zwerd and the Conq/Shadoweh exchange.

Didn't say this. But meta makes people readable.

Nuxl

« Reply #160 on: March 06, 2020, 04:21:19 AM »
Zwerd, please don't focus on meta so much because to my knowledge it doesn't exist.

zwerd was focusing on meta?

Refa

• You Won't Believe
« Reply #161 on: March 06, 2020, 04:22:04 AM »
Okay but explain why you disagree with my vote.

Didn't say this. But meta makes people readable.

Referring to this.

a good portion the game has readable content

I mean MotK meta, not individuals' meta. I think meta reading is going to be weak for other reasons (most people haven't played in a while, so they'll play differently), but there's at least merit to that.

Nuxl

« Reply #162 on: March 06, 2020, 04:27:39 AM »
Okay but explain why you disagree with my vote.

Referring to this.

I mean MotK meta, not individuals' meta. I think meta reading is going to be weak for other reasons (most people haven't played in a while, so they'll play differently), but there's at least merit to that.

his entire actions the entire game felt incredibly stinted in a way where it's like reading a particular someone(caffeineboost) on smogon.  caffeineboost is a player who acts incredibly scummy as town and sorta towny as scum. pure awkwardness. gut pinged it as "really hard to be coached" here. anybody who votes zeep will feel the steel blade of my katana

Nuxl

« Reply #163 on: March 06, 2020, 04:29:00 AM »
i dunno how much this site takes meta into account i kinda went under the premise people sort of know how each other play and thus could make >rand accurate reads because of multiple games with each other

if that's not the case here then i'll just drop that assumption

« Reply #164 on: March 06, 2020, 04:38:39 AM »
You were already voting me conq :V

Conqueror

« Reply #165 on: March 06, 2020, 04:41:32 AM »
Conq, what's your opinion on Zwerd? You've mentioned why his push is weak but no thoughts on the slot itself.
don't have an actual read on his slot atm. think he generally reads awkward and hyperactive but that's not alignment indicative. i'm not actually sure what you were getting at wrt the post you voted him for, unless it's just gut due to the way he phrased it.

Conqueror

« Reply #166 on: March 06, 2020, 04:42:17 AM »
You were already voting me conq :V
I was revoting you for emphasis you goonhead. Answer my question though.

Nuxl

« Reply #167 on: March 06, 2020, 04:46:38 AM »

« Reply #168 on: March 06, 2020, 04:58:52 AM »
a good portion the game has readable content
Really only like five or so people other than you at that point, but even then if you believe that your engagement with anybody's content other than zwerd was minimal!! So what gives!! Like when you disagreed with Refa, your response was just "nah" instead of pursuing any line of inquiry wrt Refa's vote.

If I entered a game thread with lots of players from different communities and nobody was saying they had any strong meta reads, I would simply conclude there were no strong meta reads yet. Really Nuxl reads like a fake ass fire trucker to me; I think there's more effort being put into feeling out the room and establishing himself right now than reading others, and establishing yourself earlygame I think is something scum with an active playstyle like to do. Town who want to establish themselves are more likely to do so through their productivity and not by talking about their "job in the game" in a game where half the players haven't posted more than jokevotes.

Refa, how passionate are you about your vote on zwerd (relative to earlygame)?
Personally I can't see myself wanting to lynch zwerd today ever but I did have the same initial reaction to his jokevote on you so I can almost understand where you're coming from.

Weirded out by both Conq and Shadoweh on a gut level so I'm interested to see where that goes. it would be good if they both made comprehensive posts with opinions.

Nuxl

« Reply #169 on: March 06, 2020, 05:06:12 AM »
Really only like five or so people other than you at that point, but even then if you believe that your engagement with anybody's content other than zwerd was minimal!! So what gives!! Like when you disagreed with Refa, your response was just "nah" instead of pursuing any line of inquiry wrt Refa's vote.

If I entered a game thread with lots of players from different communities and nobody was saying they had any strong meta reads, I would simply conclude there were no strong meta reads yet. Really Nuxl reads like a fake ass fire trucker to me; I think there's more effort being put into feeling out the room and establishing himself right now than reading others, and establishing yourself earlygame I think is something scum with an active playstyle like to do. Town who want to establish themselves are more likely to do so through their productivity and not by talking about their "job in the game" in a game where half the players haven't posted more than jokevotes.

Refa, how passionate are you about your vote on zwerd (relative to earlygame)?
Personally I can't see myself wanting to lynch zwerd today ever but I did have the same initial reaction to his jokevote on you so I can almost understand where you're coming from.

Weirded out by both Conq and Shadoweh on a gut level so I'm interested to see where that goes. it would be good if they both made comprehensive posts with opinions.

i do this pretty often actually.

dunno how you're weirded by conq

Nuxl

« Reply #170 on: March 06, 2020, 05:06:58 AM »
(shots noc is also a good example too but i dont like my play in that game cuz i got toxic)

Conqueror

« Reply #171 on: March 06, 2020, 05:08:12 AM »
it would be good if they both made comprehensive posts with opinions.
don't do this to me, i'm trying to take it easy this game.
i've commented on everything i've found interesting (which is not much atm, game still feels pretty fluffy).

cut - tbh ive felt my posting so far is kinda awkward so i can see where prims is coming from but i'll have something to say in a bit wrt this.

« Reply #172 on: March 06, 2020, 05:12:45 AM »
i do this pretty often actually.

dunno how you're weirded by conq
I forget, does smogon have an ISO feature? Don't have time to read games rn.

Can get back to you about Conq later.

Nuxl

« Reply #173 on: March 06, 2020, 05:15:54 AM »
I forget, does smogon have an ISO feature? Don't have time to read games rn.

Can get back to you about Conq later.

yep here you go

i think stuff like crypticism is good because it encourages other players to interact with you about this kind of stuff, and i'm also a fan of not exposing tells because it means you can use them for later. once you expose something then the other person can adapt their play to revise their strategy which means it in theory shouldn't work anymore. of course this only really happens in communities where player bases are really top-half centered but it's something i've grown used to over the past year

Nuxl

« Reply #174 on: March 06, 2020, 05:17:26 AM »
(also my biggest tell is my postcount depending on my alignment but i think it's more productive for people to do their research anyway)

Nuxl

« Reply #175 on: March 06, 2020, 05:18:57 AM »
(also my biggest tell is my postcount depending on my alignment but i think it's more productive for people to do their research anyway)
oops! means it's not a tell anymore haha

« Reply #176 on: March 06, 2020, 05:25:19 AM »
Oh my god, I thought we were on page 1 when I voted (on page 3)

and now we're on page 6

I'll try to catch up.

« Reply #177 on: March 06, 2020, 05:25:40 AM »
I get a "requested page can't be found" from that link

Being cryptic has its place; I think the fact that you're hyper-posting while doing it is what's rubbing me the wrong way. when I was reading the thread it came off like you're trying to make a big impression while avoiding actually making any big waves and it felt unnatural.

FWIW I'm personally not worried about outing tells as I think tells are always circumstantial to begin with, although I think how and when you attack somebody with a tell has an effect in the context of a single game (This is a digression and not relevant to my read on anybody)

Thinking further evolution of my current reads is going to depend on how the people in question interact with people who haven't posted yet, so gonna duck out for now.

Nuxl

« Reply #178 on: March 06, 2020, 05:32:30 AM »
I get a "requested page can't be found" from that link

Being cryptic has its place; I think the fact that you're hyper-posting while doing it is what's rubbing me the wrong way. when I was reading the thread it came off like you're trying to make a big impression while avoiding actually making any big waves and it felt unnatural.

FWIW I'm personally not worried about outing tells as I think tells are always circumstantial to begin with, although I think how and when you attack somebody with a tell has an effect in the context of a single game (This is a digression and not relevant to my read on anybody)

Thinking further evolution of my current reads is going to depend on how the people in question interact with people who haven't posted yet, so gonna duck out for now.

soz try this

understood, this kind of approach is probably best again in communities where people tend to put their eggs into a few slots but i'm kinda just having fun with it :)

Nuxl

« Reply #179 on: March 06, 2020, 05:33:35 AM »
what the frick. try this