Author Topic: Neo Forum Mafia - Game Over  (Read 1029595 times)

Nuxl

• smogon.com/forums/members/nuxl.149971/
  • smogon.com/forums/forums/circus-maximus.78/
Re: Neo Forum Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #930 on: March 08, 2020, 09:51:03 PM »
uh well raik is not possible here so all we're doing is waiting for hammer

Giving people ample time to post otherwise

« Reply #931 on: March 08, 2020, 09:51:25 PM »
Ok I'm gonna hammer I think it's Abu anyways gl friends

AbuHumaid

« Reply #932 on: March 08, 2020, 09:51:40 PM »
##Unvote
##Vote: Abu

Serela and Prims are scum

Nuxl

• smogon.com/forums/members/nuxl.149971/
  • smogon.com/forums/forums/circus-maximus.78/
« Reply #933 on: March 08, 2020, 09:51:44 PM »
Ok I'm gonna hammer I think it's Abu anyways gl friends

Second is at L-4

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #934 on: March 08, 2020, 09:52:01 PM »
HAMMER SHUT UP
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #935 on: March 08, 2020, 09:56:51 PM »
End of Day 1 Vote Count

AbuHumaid (YuugenMagan) (9): Serela, Duskfall98, Conqueror, Prims, Dormio Ergo Sum, Nuxl, Serela, O4rfish, Niektory, sb, Shadoweh, AbuHumaid
Raikaria (Sunny Milk) (4): Serela, zwerdjib, Conqueror, Prims, sb, Refa, Duskfall98, AbuHumaid, zwerdjib, Shadoweh, Raikaria
Dormio (Ran Yakumo) (1): sb, Niektory, Xinnidy
Shadoweh (Yuuka Kazami) (1): Conqueror, Dormio Ergo Sum, ActionDan, zwerdjib, Conqueror, sb, Refa, O4rfish
Serela (Koishi Komeiji) (1): Serela, Prims, NekoNekoRex
Duskfall98 (Shinki) (0): Nuxl, Raikaria, AbuHumaid, Shadoweh
NekoNekoRex (Chen) (0): zwerdjib, Niektory, O4rfish, zwerdjib
Prims (Narumi Yatadera) (0): Raikaria, Shadoweh
O4rfish (Rumia) (0): Raikaria, Dormio Ergo Sum
Conqueror (Tenshi Hinanawi) (0): Shadoweh
sb (Sanae Kochiya) (0): Xinnidy
Xinnidy (Yumemi Okazaki) (0):
zwerdjib (Yuyuko Saigyouji) (0): AbuHumaid, Dormio Ergo Sum, O4rfish, Refa, NekoNekoRex
Refa (Reimu Hakurei) (0): zwerdjib
ActionDan (Rinnosuke Morichika) (0):
Nuxl (Youki Konpaku) (0): Prims, O4rfish, AbuHumaid, NekoNekoRex
Niektory (Yukari Yakumo) (0):

Not voting (1): Nuxl

---

Maximum Effort Story, Part 3

"Oh."
"The floating collection of eyes is leaving."
"How rude. Even subpar tea must be consumed to avoid incivility.
"Good riddance."
"How did it drink anything, anyway?"

AbuHumaid, playing YuugenMagan, Town Vigilante, was lynched!

It is now Night 1. All those with Night actions have 24 hours to submit them. (Please send them to me in PM format.)

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
Re: Neo Forum Mafia - Night 1
« Reply #936 on: March 08, 2020, 11:07:02 PM »
Since there are a number of people I am unfamiliar with in this game, I wanted to highlight this particular rule just to be safe:

Night Rules

- No speaking at night unless you are given explicit permission.

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #937 on: March 08, 2020, 11:12:16 PM »
Fabloo has agreed to replace Xinnidy. Welcome to the game, Agent Tanya.

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #938 on: March 09, 2020, 10:14:55 PM »
Maximum Effort Story, Part 4

"Ah."
"Hmm? What is the matter?"
"It appears I have accidentally splashed some tea on my hat."
"...Er, how did you get tea that high?"
"Well, this is embarrassing, but...statues are not exactly known for their fine motor skills."
"Oh."
"That is fair."
"Please, feel free to return home and change."
"I will. Thank you all very much."

---

Prims (Narumi Yatadera), a Vanilla Townie, was killed overnight!

It is now Day 2. With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. You have a tick over 72 hours to vote. Good luck!

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
Re: Neo Forum Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #939 on: March 09, 2020, 10:26:01 PM »
Popping in just before sleep to say:

1: Won't be around for a while due to work/commute

2: Very surprised at Prims of all people being the nightkill. He was one of my scumreads so him not only flipping town but being killed during the night really surprises me.

Don't have time for re-reads based on that flip atm. Will get to it tomorrow.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #940 on: March 09, 2020, 10:26:13 PM »
Gay
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

ActionDan

• ActionDan #8906
« Reply #941 on: March 09, 2020, 10:31:08 PM »
Town:
- Me, Sir Arthur Ingnatius Conan Touhou.

Leaning town:
- zwerdjib
- NNR (he is town mad because he is struggling to read the game)
- Duskfall (don't know his scum game but overall this seems good to me)
- Conq

Neutral:
- Refa
- Dormio
- Nuxl
- Dan
- SB
- Xinnidy

Neutral but kind of bad looking:
- Shadoweh (I think she could be town but the longer she voteparks on me the harder it is to not want to lynch her on a personal level lol)
- Serela (a little scummy, needs to say more things. think he'll become obvious soon enough if scum. Keep talking Serela.)
- Raikaria (looks like he picked dusk as a target then explained later which is odd)

Scummy:
- O4rfish (people have been TRing this guy and he could be town but I've thought his priorities were fuzzy and his cases basically are how I would expect him to apply his hyper-serious hall monitor approach to the game as scum who needs to make up cases. O4rfish please explain why you want to lynch Shadoweh over anyone else right now, including the other people you've suspected.)
- Niektory (even if overwhelmed, doesn't read like he's feeling any pressure to contribute to a town wincon)
- Abu (low posting semi-apathetic type scum guy)

There are too many mafia players.
Probably won't be around at deadline.

His most recent reads. But move serela into town territory.

Kill is a bit surprising since to my knowledge no one but me had prims as town. It suggests at least one of his scum reads are correct

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #942 on: March 09, 2020, 10:42:47 PM »
I read prims pretty heavy as town, i just say hes gay because im gay

I dont have anything substantial to post due to work but

##Vote: oarfish

I dont like anything about him and i think his entry and timing on the d1 wagon was extremely scummy. Insubstantial vote made before abu had a breakdown that secured his own demise, but late enough to be nothing but a sheep on a wagon with easy traction to gain
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Fabloo

• The rain falls down on last year's man.
« Reply #943 on: March 09, 2020, 10:52:56 PM »
Please refer to me as Fabloo and only Fabloo. Identity doesn't matter, don't read me on it. Pre-2007 Internet Etiquette applies to gender.

Readnomicon:
(50ppp)

Had a few weird inclinations. I picked up on P1-P4 felt like the Zwerd/Nuxl show. I understood Nuxl's premise on trying to play the game something something mentality but found myself agreeing with Sir Arthur more in his #139. Felt like the strongest statement throughout and that's usually a good look. Others lacked or simply got involved with Nuxl as he switched on-off from laxadasical to busting out thought paragraphs when pressured; Very weird? I scumread the idea but I think it's possibly he's just being misunderstood. Zwerd gets solved later I think, never seeing Zwerd/Nuxl having two scum. Other players (Dormio/Refa) mostly agreeable but agreeable doesn't always mean town, unfortunately

P5 Seems Nuxl is still getting digged into a bit. ORrfish had a strong reaction to Nuxl, more like giving a lesson. I'm kinda hoping that by the time I turn to P6 it moves on from Nuxl because what I see right now is that if he's town, he basically is letting scum take turns to poo poo on him. I've considered the thought, but Nuxl doesn't seem like a person to think he's clever. I mean based on their posts he reads like a very honest person but almost to a fault. His mistakes seem genuine gut reaction. The only way I could scumread Nuxl is if he were self-aware, but that'd need a meta check maybe. #201 from SB about Nuxl pretty close to my thought process. Another agreeable post. This might be a diffcult game lol

#209 strange quotewall. Reading it kinda made my head hurt. Just feels like Zwerd jumbled up a bunch of points into soup and then served it cold. Zwerd for the most part up until this point felt mostly reactive and playing off Nuxl, and I guess he continues to latch onto him. From what I read they seem to be from the same site so I think if Zwerd continues to bring up that point to defend his actions and retroactively buddy Nuxl he can be scum. As a sidenote: People were claiming to be really upset about Nuxl when Zwerd basically had similar functioning posts, why? #215 in my eyes way stronger than #209 from Zwerd, and before I was reading Nuxl's tonal shift as offputting but now understand that he takes things as a challenege. Like, people lecturing him ignited a fire in him.

Conq why are you being so safe with #223. #224 Then make it? Votes mean a lot, and if I'm going from the perspective of what you said earlier "trying to take it easier this game" then I don't get hesitance here. It should be vote Serela no questions asked. Why'd you hesitate? Are you worried about being wrong despite your previous claim in quotations? #231 from Raikara: Just came back from the Mafia Hideout and forgot I needed to post. Not a true read just me having fun..unless? Honest not wowed by Rai here. #239 SB remains in the range of agreable. This seems like a common trope of this game, something I may have to break down later for my own entertainment. #244 Self-deprecation from Refa; townie look. Town don't actually like playing Mafia, they just want all of the benefits that come with it. Those 5 pages I dialed into felt more like 3 worth of content.

P6  I've seen shadoweh post but I can't remember them. Doesn't make them bad just doesn't really stand out either way. Skimming Nuxl/Zwerd now, they seem to fill up gaps between the other players. Still dislike Zwerd feel good tonally about Nuxl. I preemptively townread Dormio as of #277.  I preemptively want to townread Sir Prims for his #281 but his style seems more refined. If Nuxl is someone who isn't self-aware, then Prims would be someone who is so self-aware that it can become hubris. These are all reads based on now instead of before. I won't make a huge point about this for now. #283 Serela's personality sticks out more than what they're saying. I can't read it right now will probably PoE. #286 noting that ORfish has a soapbox he pulls out from his closet. #294 I like the response from Nuxl here, had the same thought actually. Don't townread Serela.

P7 Neko has rushed thoughts. Yes Nuxl/Zwerd are similar but I get the feeling that #303 reads are largely based on a skim. Lack of enthusiasm but surprisingly critical. Ah yeah not liking NNR here. Very strange disconnect between what is done and what is said. It's not that you need to be blindly confident but the sharpness of their words towards Nuxl/Zwerd does not seem to match the statement of "not really confident." Sudden switch over to Zwerd as well? Confusing confusing. #325 from ORfish is nothing but his post about the scumslip was pretty much nothing too honestly. #344 Mafia posturing yes I absolutely agree Shadoweh. I have a feeling that's happening in this game. #349 Conq I remain to have issues with you, but I'd rather talk about it not in a catchup post.

P8. Somehow not even halfway through and I might as well be submitting a college thesis. If someone is out here still reading along, love you. Duskfall98 came in and seems to be eerily related to the type of nowposting Nuxl has done, where they just hit submit and let it out. Not willing to townread this entirely because Nuxl had a different essence that Duskfall has yet to present. It's not necessarily great to always say what you feel, especially when it turns convoluted. ActionDan...agreeable? Somewhat. Add it to the list. #386 ORfish/SB being town not ready to decide that. I have a feeling I won't see much of Dan after this page. Note to self: #395 not sure if Dan is praising a mate here if SB happens to be scum?

P9 #403 like rai's reaction here I think. I sorta had the same thoughts even if I didn't like him initially. There's a bit of humor that Rai is dogging ORfish for being too critical but then proceeds to criticize ORfish for..being critical. #422 already an unvote? I think I've seen this happen before already. What's with these strong statements and then people apologizing for their aggression and unvoting. Let stuff play out, even if you don't fully believe it. Categorizing Rai based on this page as someone who is likely town but just has a twitch, where they get anxious and commit to ideas before actually fleshing them out. Don't think it's scum-motivated as I fail to see what agenda he could have.

P10 Rai pressure is fine, some of the votes are not. Tilting my head for various reasons. I think the person I'm the most OK with was Refa here. If I am wrong about Rai then I'm wrong about Conq. Duskfall98 not impresssive still. Nuxl was at least genuine he lacks that trait. #530 from Prims yeah just another post that kinda hits all the right points, but not very individual. I have minor problem with this but it's just another thing I'll talk about later and not here.

P11 - P19 #558 We almost agreed about Conq but you changed your mind. NNR's content lacks. I don't mind how blunt they seem it just doesn't seem to arrive to a purpose. It seems like at this point I've reached the apex of D1. Abu did something to get voted but I'm not paying as much, especially because it doesn't matter; he was town. Definitely some opportunistic scum on that however but staying focused.  #673 Shadoweh I like your vote there. You keep doing likable things. This could be alright. Seems Niek just enjoys not doing anything but not indicative of alignment yet. Dan #680 I predicted I wouldn't see you for a while and I was right. I believe I'm going to wrap this up here as unless something absolutely demanding happened within this span my reads are pretty comfortable and frankly I'm fire trucking tired of typing. Never do a job that you can't half-ass.

Fabloo

« Reply #944 on: March 09, 2020, 10:53:47 PM »
Above is unfiltered thoughts as I went along.

I had a few points I wanted to make independently but here's where I stand right now. The common theme of Agreeableness kept ringing through my head. I may have mentioned it in my Readnomicon but there is competence on display here from most players. It's making things a bit easier but also harder because you have varying levels that I would like to display here:

Agreeable
Dormio
Prims
SB
Refa
ORfish

The agreeables probably have one scum in them, at absolute worst two. This is based on prominence alone. I think Dormio can continue to impress me and I'd be none the wiser. Talked about prims in my Readnomicon but not going to vote him. Refa/OR4fish need to be more proactive but right now I townread both of them. Consider being agreeable just that. Agreeable. This is also the pile where I feel like nobody touches and they either get picked off by scum or tinfoiled.

Not So Agreeable
Nuxl
Raikara
ORfish
Serela
Zwerd
Conqueror
Duskfall98

This is the list that concerns me the most, but has a few townreads. It's the mixed big of the group where I would like sort out the most. Townread Nuxl/Rai and then Conq/Serela/Dusk/Zwerd are the needing to be sorted out. I've withheld thoughts about Conq in particular and I'll probably continue to do so. I am more fine with being wrong about Zwerd than being right on Conq because that creates a problem in itself. I read the comments made towards him and it feels like a lot of townies will give him pass for an eventual solve. I'm just not sure if it ever comes this game.

No Impact
ActionDan
Niektory
NekoNekoRex

Fodder but good votes. I would vote ActionDan on vibes alone and then I'd let Niektory get buried by themselves from not being able to catch-up where it's apparent if they're scum they have no purpose to. When I speak No Impact, it's not that I feel their posts are worthless rather I think they're not the focus. This may be intentional for some of these people here.

Bolded are people I would vote. You are now here.

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #945 on: March 09, 2020, 10:58:52 PM »
welcome to the ga- whoa holy strawberries you came prepared

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #946 on: March 09, 2020, 11:00:49 PM »
i respect it. ill read your novel twice over and think about it from there

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #947 on: March 09, 2020, 11:14:28 PM »
I want to partially retract that oarfishs vote timing wasnt as terrible as it could have been given the flip, but the vote is down and i stand by it.

I should finish work though

Fabloo

« Reply #948 on: March 09, 2020, 11:17:23 PM »
I want to partially retract that oarfishs vote timing wasnt as terrible as it could have been given the flip, but the vote is down and i stand by it.

I should finish work though

Yeah, he displayed some aggression towards you and also Nuxl that eventually fizzled out. Is this circumstantial or something he would do more as scum? Have any other reads worth knowing about?

« Reply #949 on: March 09, 2020, 11:30:21 PM »
I believe the reason Prims was killed instead of anyone else was that he is a good player who had exploitable reads - namely, lynching me.  Since he is dead, he cannot change his mind about me. 

« Reply #950 on: March 09, 2020, 11:33:51 PM »
Prime was probably killed for pr hunting reasons id imagine

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #951 on: March 09, 2020, 11:35:55 PM »
valid criticism of 209; sorry, not very articulate and i always sucked at debates. heh

im going to read through prims iso and see if theres anything that possibly stood out to any scumteam

and im very reactive yes. that seems to be somewhat of a misunderstanding ig

also, do you mind rereading shadowehs posts and saying what you think after @fab? im not necessarily sure on her. like the low posting is offputting but the tones i get are regrettably townish like "we should do this because it makes the most sense for the town, not because it is something that i personally think is best" or smth like that (except 912 but thats obviously a half joke post). unsure how to put it.

« Reply #952 on: March 09, 2020, 11:47:03 PM »
I don't agree with that statement Duskfall, but I also don't know why you think it's true.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #953 on: March 09, 2020, 11:49:07 PM »
Yeah, he displayed some aggression towards you and also Nuxl that eventually fizzled out. Is this circumstantial or something he would do more as scum? Have any other reads worth knowing about?
i do but im at work and cant reread yet.

My reads i posted last in my iso are still accurate afaik

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #954 on: March 09, 2020, 11:51:23 PM »
My scumreads besides abu are on sb, oarfish, shadowed, leaning on dusk

Tentatively zman until he gets original, current opinions

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #955 on: March 09, 2020, 11:52:22 PM »
my initial read on oarfish was the vote timing was a scum bussing scum but even with the town flip his vote feels very oppurtunistic and he rode out the day with it. It was a very safe and easy vote, the content both before and after doesnt feel town play

« Reply #956 on: March 10, 2020, 12:03:50 AM »
Obviously I'm not gonna consolidate on myself

I'm rereading the game thread and this is a gem.

I think Rai's end of day stuff was town, I don't think he literally self-votes and lays down his life as scum there. Maybe he thought it wouldn't go through but I really can't see scum wanting to risk it when they had the big juicy prize of lynching the vig in front of them instead.

Serela you said "hey maybe the fact that Abu is a vig affects this" and then never formed a real opinion on it and realistically there was never going to be a mafia vig? Especially not without a town one to counter by shooting so it felt like you were trying to see what your options were. I am less bothered with this now that I read Rai as town but still not entirely happy with it for other reasons (next post, I'm splitting for readability).

Fabloo

« Reply #957 on: March 10, 2020, 12:07:55 AM »
My scumreads besides abu are on sb, oarfish, shadowed, leaning on dusk

I like these. I especially enjoy the spice with bolded. I know you're focused on ORfish but just off the brain tell me about your thoughts on SB

« Reply #958 on: March 10, 2020, 12:09:00 AM »
##Vote: NNR

Their opinions throughout the day were inconsistent and seemed to fluctuate way too much according to convenience. It's notable that they said that they actually liked Abu in the earlier parts of the game, but then when Abu became a wagon he said that he hadn't seen anything valuable from him. This doesn't feel like a realistic progression to me, and in general I don't like his deadline content.
The Serela vote felt like it was for show to begin with (and is also the only time I can see that they have ever mentioned Serela), but the kicker is when they talk about their scumreads later. There are five people here, and none of them are Serela. He still hasn't even moved his vote? If being the lone Serela vote was so important to you before, why didn't you keep talking about Serela later, or move it onto anyone else you wanted lynched?

Speaking of poor deadline performances, I'm feeling a lot worse about Oarfish after rereading. The good vibes I got from interacting with them have kinda faded and by rereading their posts, I feel like they're dodging points made against them a lot (here with Nuxl, again with Dormio later) and are playing to win an argument rather than scumhunt. I'm starting to feel more like they just think they have really good cases, rather than actually believing they're voting scum.

Serela has kind of fell down prioritywise for me but I think they're letting a lot of things drop (I felt like they to pursue Zeep based on an earlier post, and then they never followed up on it?). If I'm wrong Serela let me know but I couldn't find anything about it. And also the vig thing I mentioned in the previous, but I feel better about them relatively today.

Speaking of that, I'd like a post from Zeep summarising where they stand on the game because despite having probably the most posts I have trouble remembering his opinions? Or maybe that's because of it, but he's felt like kind of a doormat and I don't feel like he has any strong uh, feelings about anything.

I think Niek is definitely overwhelmed regardless of alignment but want to see more from them. Their drop-ins remind me a lot of the first game I played as scum (popping in to talk about rule stuff because that felt easy) and they're evidently paying attention to the game but aren't engaged at all. I kind of expected some kind of townie confusion here? But instead they seem really laid back without wanting to get involved much. Niek, what did you think of the end of the day? Do you think Raikaria is also town, or do you think he's mafia and why?

I am too lazy to get links at this point sorry not sorry. Not caught up on stuff that was actually posted today yet but I'm taking a break.

Fabloo

« Reply #959 on: March 10, 2020, 12:16:51 AM »
also, do you mind rereading shadowehs posts and saying what you think after @fab? im not necessarily sure on her. like the low posting is offputting but the tones i get are regrettably townish like "we should do this because it makes the most sense for the town, not because it is something that i personally think is best" or smth like that (except 912 but thats obviously a half joke post). unsure how to put it.

Why does her lowposting offput you the most compared to others? There were some things I liked about Shadoweh which I noted. I don't feel like rereading and am slightly wondering why you brought that work onto me.