Author Topic: Neo Forum Mafia - Game Over  (Read 1045863 times)

Re: Neo Forum Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #570 on: March 08, 2020, 05:20:10 AM »
I switched to Abu here, would much rather lynch him than Raikaria as is.

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #571 on: March 08, 2020, 05:22:37 AM »
im still pretty happy with my vote on zwerd. After coming back to this thread after a day or so he has gone from posting loads of garbage to barely posting, and still posting almost nothing of value. He's also still sitting on the vote on me without really... scumhunting.

trying to decide how i feel about raikaria

taking a while because i am too addicted to league

Nuxl

• smogon.com/forums/members/nuxl.149971/
  • smogon.com/forums/forums/circus-maximus.78/
« Reply #572 on: March 08, 2020, 05:23:06 AM »
##Vote AbuHumaid

jic i oversleep dl

« Reply #573 on: March 08, 2020, 05:23:49 AM »
Abu is at L-4 and Raikaria is at L-6. NNR, Shadoweh, Xinnidy, Raikaria are on 1-vote wagons. NNR and Shadoweh are our 2-vote wagons.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #574 on: March 08, 2020, 05:25:23 AM »
prims is gay as usual. Kinda like dan.
I just realized how this could be misinterpreted but it's accurate at the same time regardless so whatever
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Refa

• There's a crying tree dropping apples on me...
  • ...and now I'm fighting God
    • You Won't Believe
« Reply #575 on: March 08, 2020, 05:27:20 AM »
Abu is at L-4 and Raikaria is at L-6. NNR, Shadoweh, Xinnidy, Raikaria are on 1-vote wagons. NNR and Shadoweh are our 2-vote wagons.

Wait, do we need to hammer? How much time is left?

Nuxl

• smogon.com/forums/members/nuxl.149971/
  • smogon.com/forums/forums/circus-maximus.78/
« Reply #576 on: March 08, 2020, 05:29:50 AM »
Wait, do we need to hammer? How much time is left?

apparently it's NL if we don't hit maj. I think slightly under 16h?

« Reply #577 on: March 08, 2020, 05:30:19 AM »
We do need to hammer.
It says there's 16 hours left.

Refa

• There's a crying tree dropping apples on me...
  • ...and now I'm fighting God
    • You Won't Believe
« Reply #578 on: March 08, 2020, 05:33:26 AM »
Oh, I'll be here in 16 hours probably. Kinda want a response from either of the main wagons at this point honestly.

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #579 on: March 08, 2020, 05:47:26 AM »
this is probably gonna ping dormios "justifying others actions" alarm but fire truck it

just ftr, abus living in jordanian timezone

so wrt whats happened the last ~6 hours and why he appears to be "low posting" hes probs just been asleep. ill let you calc the times yourself

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #580 on: March 08, 2020, 05:50:24 AM »
thats whats been on my mind

as well as the raikaria thing, which im still unsure about.

have time to read his posts now though

« Reply #581 on: March 08, 2020, 05:50:32 AM »
Some musings from going back to read more in-depth... Abu's reaction to Duskfall and Conq seemed really submissive. If Dusk is "straight up lying" about your meta, Abu, then where did you think that's coming from? That followed up by asking for Abu's own town meta feels like the "wait, why am I being voted" type of scum, and sticking around to do that but not revoting still doesn't look right to me.

Raikaria, if you didn't like Duskfall even when you voted O4rfish, why did you wait until you had to back off O4rfish before bringing it up? This seems like an unnatural progression.

I like both these wagons, although I'm more confident on Abu being scum.

« Reply #582 on: March 08, 2020, 05:52:20 AM »
People are gonna end up in wonky timezones but it's more about what you do while you're around imo

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #583 on: March 08, 2020, 06:07:02 AM »
People are gonna end up in wonky timezones but it's more about what you do while you're around imo

fair enough. would just like to avoid people voting abu for reasons that are flawed

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #584 on: March 08, 2020, 06:09:37 AM »
define Statement36
{
        I mentioned it before in my posts but, in case (Playerbase) hasn't been keeping up with the rules, I'll state it more explicitly: If we no lynch, the scum team gets a double kill during the night phase.
}
query (Playerbase)
{
        ask (Statement36)
}

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #585 on: March 08, 2020, 06:12:29 AM »
define Question15
{
        Which of the reasons are flawed?
}
define Question16
{
        I get that (zwerdjib) has mentioned that (AbuHumaid) might not be around due to timezones, but how does that create flaws in any of the reasons provided?
        // You're right, I do dislike the fact that you're defending other people again.
}
query (zwerdjib)
{
        ask (Question15)
        ask (Question16)
        return (Opinions)
}

AbuHumaid

« Reply #586 on: March 08, 2020, 06:13:13 AM »
Fine, I'll claim because I don't have the energy to argue with everyone voting me

I'm a 1-shot vig, I'll prove it by shooting Duskfall

@Watcher watch me tonight since I might get blocked.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #587 on: March 08, 2020, 06:16:05 AM »
define Question17
{
        Let's suppose that we take (AbuHumaid)'s claim at face value. Who does (AbuHumaid) think should be voted instead of (AbuHumaid) and why?
}
query (AbuHumaid)
{
        ask (Question17)
        return (Opinions)
}

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #588 on: March 08, 2020, 06:16:14 AM »
ugghhhhh today was projected to be a fairly slow day at work and instead it was so madhouse busy that I didn't have any time to mafia plus I'm now exhausted and have a headache

I just finished catching up with a basic read of the new pages,  this is not the comprehensive post i wanted to make but I really just don't feel good/have any real energy

*i don't like abu's overall nonpresence (Remember when I said I was waiting to see how some people followed up later? he didn't follow through)

*not feeling great about refa's 'well i'm ok with this' very sheepy jump onto the growing raikaria wagon but the continued Refa presence after made it somewhat better (but still!!)

*shadoweh is surprisingly nonpresent, I thought she was OK at first but now the game is -actually- rolling and she's just... not, which I do not find to be normal

*o4rfish is being o4rfish

I just iso'd Abu which took approximately 20 seconds. It really doesn't look good. There's a lot of "ok i'll go read now' and then not doing it, or making a single comment and then disappearing again until the next time he says he'll do something and then doesn't do it. He's -not even voting anyone-. His "read, this time for real' resulted in one comment on not liking NNR's nuxl vote, and then, HE MADE SEVERAL POSTS AFTER THAT, that purely consist of answering fluffy questions aimed in his direction and doing nothing else. It makes him look like he's contributing but he's really just not?

Literally the only thing I could imagine to argue him as lazy!town is that scum would hopefully have the sense of mind to at least votedrop someone before disappearing and trying to coast, while answering a few questions to at least -look- like they're contributing and not just lurking.

##Unvote:Raikaria
##Vote:Abu

i know i should be revaluating raikaria and going a little more indepth on people other than abu but my brain is absolutely dead right now, i need to go to bed instead

Deadline is... slightly under 16 hours, looks like 5pm est (oh god when was daylight savings again) anyway I'll be around for a few hours before work and -probably- some spotty presence in the last hour before deadline.

cut by abu claiming vig ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ I guess that's a good claim but is an extra mafia kill (or -third party-) out of the picture for a game this large? not really. I don't know, will revisit this in the morning, I am far too exhausted to evaluate whether to lynch it anyway or not or revisit my other preferred lynch options

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #589 on: March 08, 2020, 06:16:41 AM »
define Question15
{
        Which of the reasons are flawed?
}
define Question16
{
        I get that (zwerdjib) has mentioned that (AbuHumaid) might not be around due to timezones, but how does that create flaws in any of the reasons provided?
        // You're right, I do dislike the fact that you're defending other people again.
}
query (zwerdjib)
{
        ask (Question15)
        ask (Question16)
        return (Opinions)
}

im not stating that the wagons flawed - havent kept up with thread - but i think that may be additional info that might be relevant? maybe?

im going to give it a reread soon i swear

AbuHumaid

« Reply #590 on: March 08, 2020, 06:19:30 AM »
I think we should vote Dusk for literally lying about my meta + having no reasons to vote (he developed them on the go) also the fact that a lot of people hopped on my wagon so fast could mean that his scummates are backing him up.

##Vote: Duskfall

« Reply #591 on: March 08, 2020, 06:21:09 AM »
I would prefer to lynch Shadoweh because I have played with her before and expect more out of her as Town.

Abu - I understand Conq/Duskfall's case and can sheep it.  Note: the claim is intriguing but ...

Zwerdjib (it's complicated)

Nuxl ... I'm feeling better about his slot. That big post was pretty useful.

With Raikaria, I could see myself writing posts like his as either Town or Scum.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #592 on: March 08, 2020, 06:21:53 AM »
define Question17
{
        Hypotheically speaking, assuming that the (Duskfall98) lynch goes through, who would (AbuHumaid) shoot in this scenario?
}
query (AbuHumaid)
{
        ask (Question17)
        return (Opinions)
}

AbuHumaid

« Reply #593 on: March 08, 2020, 06:22:26 AM »
2 more votes and I'll get hammered, think before voting me please.

« Reply #594 on: March 08, 2020, 06:24:00 AM »
This sucks imo. Full steam ahead.

AbuHumaid

« Reply #595 on: March 08, 2020, 06:24:31 AM »
define Question17
{
        Hypotheically speaking, assuming that the (Duskfall98) lynch goes through, who would (AbuHumaid) shoot in this scenario?
}
query (AbuHumaid)
{
        ask (Question17)
        return (Opinions)
}
In that case, I'll reread the thread and try to figure out who are his teammates, I have plenty of time during the Night and no one would be posting.

« Reply #596 on: March 08, 2020, 06:25:14 AM »
This is literally what I expect from scum trying to buy themselves a day lol. No crumbs or anything in your play suggesting you're vig.

AbuHumaid

« Reply #597 on: March 08, 2020, 06:26:22 AM »
This is literally what I expect from scum trying to buy themselves a day lol. No crumbs or anything in your play suggesting you're vig.
Are you serious??? Why in the hell would I crumb that I'm a vig?

AbuHumaid

« Reply #598 on: March 08, 2020, 06:32:45 AM »
If I'm scum, you would expect some people at least to be against my wagon, but for some reason everyone agrees I'm scum...

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #599 on: March 08, 2020, 06:33:03 AM »
but abu what about the statistically much more likely case that he's town and therefore you can probably have a second priority -before- his flip

since a town lynch does still get us info but considering how late he entered the game and that it's only D1, not a huge amount
I feel like I'm reading a different game because I thought Raikaria looked town and wanted to vote SB for going after him, then suddenly everyone agrees and is okay with a Raikaria lynch. I did just read about 6 pages at once though and the words are blurry in my head but uh, no i don't think Raik is scum.

"You didn't aggressively go after prims after voting him" he didn't post?? Did you expect me to force him out of the ether or something? :V His latest post didn't change my mind, I still think it looks like he's faking enthusiasm.
Ok so this is the only thing shadoweh's posted in a long time (no verification needed; she said she just read 6 pages!) and I really thought I was gonna see more from her after this but there's NOT and this was like 6.5 hours ago

she's pretty much just sitting on her safe Arthur/prims vote that isn't actually going anywhere, and doing a whole lot of Nothing

shadoweh is actually a Good Player. It's fair for me to expect more than this. For like the third time man is this what all my scum picks are gonna be this game; it's not inherently scummy to be busy but it's scummy when you don't actually contribute anything when you clearly ARE reading the game

i would be ok with lynching shadoweh if people want to let Abu try to shoot people but also leaving Abu alive to supposedly shoot people can easily turn into a huge mess whether he's actually town or not-town and it's just so much easier to have it over with instead. but I mean, shadoweh is being scummy, so lynching her is still fine. abu is also good. really these are both good lynches

strawberries wait I didn't go to bed NO