Author Topic: Neo Forum Mafia - Game Over  (Read 1029365 times)

Nuxl

• smogon.com/forums/members/nuxl.149971/
  • smogon.com/forums/forums/circus-maximus.78/
Re: Neo Forum Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #540 on: March 08, 2020, 02:51:24 AM »
honestly i'm kind of staring and rereading at the thread and i say i'm really typing a big post but i keep typing one out and deleting it. i honestly just want to go back to playing mystery dungeon.

@anyone do modkills end day on this site?

i have no idea why my wagon diffused so fast and not exactly sure why they're all so spread out as a result which is strange given my initial expectations of the wagon on me. duskfall and zwer are bad lynches right now so uh lol

@Dormio i have no clue how your read progressed on me, was there a particular post in question or something? i thought i was doing a pretty good job of conveying my mentality earlier from page one so i dunno how it changed from your view

@shadoweh can you define "easier" in regards to your comment on voting me in question? why are raik/dormio town iyo?

@abu what does niek's vote on me make you think of my slot?

@Conq unrelated but i actually disagree with you about pressure! there are people i do townread and there are people that i do not townread. not lynching the people i do townread is a good idea which for the most part does not seem to be happening. i would've voted if i had a high confidence ping elsewhere, i didn't. i was and is fine with how this day is progressing. it's progressing without me. that's completely ok.

@arthur when tommy says low stamina he means games where i idle day phase d2 onwards because i don't have the heart/don't care about my team or game/want to tank my scum meta for the sake of my town meta. he finds it a lot harder to read me than it is for me to read him, so my reads on him are a lot more accurate than his on me. can link you to proportional examples if you're really interested.

who told you i was a respectable player? i don't think i've ever played with you

but honestly though, the only accurate read i care on me is tommy's read of me hahaha. and funnily enough, both for oog and ingame reasons (but not the ingame reason you may be thinking of)

2: The topic of townreads has come up a few times, and I'm of the opinion that giving out townreads; especially at this phase of the game, does little but paint a target on people's backs [if they are indeed town] for the scum to target. I don't think we should be giving out townreads D1.

@anyone that is not raikaria: is this a real thought you expect from raikaria? again, if someone really experienced posted this it would be pretty garbage so that's why i'm asking

Everything he has done is believable in a town game but it is not so towny to make him a town read, nuxl isn't really readable D1 though imo, town him has more stamina than scum him over the game as a whole

i know you say this to me in pms but literally look at any scum d1 i've ever had, count the number of posts in those dude. i am readable  :)

see immortality/shots where i kept linking my self meta and nobody read it

(also believe it or not the only person i'd tryhard scum with on my team is you on this pl bc you invited me to play. you know how much i hate playing noc with randoms. maybe if my team was exactly 3 other people you probably have in mind?)

----

my "2" earlier were my townreads at the time of that post. "5/9" are my current townreads. roughly ordered

zwerd is a high confidence town read: there's something very stilted about his play that doesn't seem to have a real agenda behind it. he reads as low experience and it seems too pure but also wild and wacky to be what i'd expect of people newer to forum mafia. certain level of wanting to be inquisitive but not actually accomplishing anything, which reminds me a lot of caffeineboost on my homesite who ends up being a lot less composed as town as opposed to scum. this is my highest confidence townread. this is also part of my second job!

refa's posting aligns with my vision of his posting in danganronpa/ocnoc2 and their reads are p fine. i have never seen their scumgame though but i think i can predict how it'd go

i think oarfish is a tier 2 town given what people are saying about their skill! but their mentality is really dangerous and i don't think they're the type of player to change that within the span of one game.

(wrt my last sentence @duskfall98, to phrase this less uh, toxic-ally, i have the same opinion as i did on similar slots in shots noc SPECIFICALLY in regards to vote placement, you can figure this out right)

tommy (duskfall) is town first for angleshoot reasons, but also for two specific reasons, both of which are something that exposes his meta since for all future nocs you won't see me in a playerlist without him. so i won't expose them so i can use them later. getting this read right was also my first job!

conq's inquisitiveness reminds me of how i used to play town before i started adapting hal's style into my play.(which is more optimal on my homesite anyway but is probably barred by site culture here) real time interactions are fine here and says particular stuff/does particular approaches i would say six months/1 year ago. admittedly this is the weakest read but there's not a lot to think about and i tend to be pretty damn accurate about my d1 towncores :)

i have possibly one more to add here but need to see how that progresses

----

close enough to deadline where it's ok for me to start talking about some other things

abu: not a lot on this slot you can really gather based on iso. the slot also just feels pretty lazy regardless of alignment. my initial thought was that he jumped onto my wagon that was building heavily because i (was/am) an easy target but i don't really get... why he switched off. i can see one motive but i don't know if most people would be able to think about it. not too opposed to hopping on but would prefer raik given a response. @tommy how was playing with this guy otherwise. i'll be on near deadline but can you link me your favorite game you've played with him. same with @abu if you read this

niek is either not being coached or his scumteam is really inexperienced, i think. i would usually say the former read but i just played a game where i gave someone a pass for that but it turns out their scumteam was just bottom quarter. i think this is useful to consider if it flips red! but it's probably more scum often than not if the other 3(or 4 if people don't want to include me) townreads can be found on a higher confidence, just like the last game i played on smogon

shadoweh: feels dissociated with thread regardless of alignment, so if somebody can tell me if that's a regular thing lmk. their thing on page 4 kinda irked me a bit + things i'm trying to ask them about but that's about it. seems kind on a different wavelength which is probably also related to experience/pmeta. so if this is unusual for anyone else's vision of shadoweh then uh, note it!

raik: this read is pending based on what others think of their experience but the two major things are the quote i just said which indicates lack of "normal" thought and the second vote onto tommy being really bad. higher experience means worse slot obviously, someone said they should be posting better(i think it was conq?) so if someone can get back to me on that pls let me know

Nuxl

« Reply #541 on: March 08, 2020, 02:54:37 AM »
tldr sheep my town reads, more often than not i will sheep my towncore's reads

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #542 on: March 08, 2020, 03:04:26 AM »
define Statement34
{
        It was after literally stepping away from the thread before coming back and rereading with the mindset that (Nuxl) approaches the game in a fundementally different way than what I do.
}
if (Reply #540)
{
        cout <<(Statement34)
}
It was after literally stepping away from the thread before coming back and rereading with the mindset that (Nuxl) approaches the game in a fundementally different way than what I do.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #543 on: March 08, 2020, 03:05:00 AM »
// Oops. I should have removed the parenthesis from the output. Game is hard.

« Reply #544 on: March 08, 2020, 03:08:02 AM »
Nuxl what causes this power spike?

Nuxl

« Reply #545 on: March 08, 2020, 03:09:50 AM »
understood @ dorm

Nuxl what causes this power spike?

recently it's been something i do at every eod1 lol

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #546 on: March 08, 2020, 03:11:20 AM »
define Question13
{
        Who the hell is (Arthur)?
}
define Question14
{
        I think somebody asked this before, but can we refer to people by their forum usernames?
}
define Statement35
{
        Not all of us are familiar with the alternate handles that people go by and it makes things far more difficult than they have to be.
}
query (Nuxl)
{
        ask (Question13)
}
query (Playerbase)
{
        ask (Question14)
        ask (Statement35)
}

Nuxl

« Reply #547 on: March 08, 2020, 03:11:58 AM »
define Question13
{
        Who the hell is (Arthur)?
}
define Question14
{
        I think somebody asked this before, but can we refer to people by their forum usernames?
}
define Statement35
{
        Not all of us are familiar with the alternate handles that people go by and it makes things far more difficult than they have to be.
}
query (Nuxl)
{
        ask (Question13)
}
query (Playerbase)
{
        ask (Question14)
        ask (Statement35)
}

Sir Arthur Ignatius Conan Touhou

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #548 on: March 08, 2020, 03:14:47 AM »
// Oh my God I forgot he named himself that here.

« Reply #549 on: March 08, 2020, 03:18:43 AM »
who told you i was a respectable player? i don't think i've ever played with you
I remember you were in a SF game and got killed early although I only skimmed it and don't really remember it. Probably had read smogon games with you in them before too. Basically I purge my brain of mafia-related information as much as possible now and only remember the vague details.

Raikaria is generally not a high-experience player. I think his posting here is consistent with his meta as either alignment.
Regarding Niek, he hasn't posted enough to reliably tell that he's not being coached. There are too many factors to consider here - availability of a scum!Niek's buddies, how much he actually would be listening to them as scum before posting, etc. I get the impression he's reserved and that pings me as possibly not wanting to mess up.

Nuxl

« Reply #550 on: March 08, 2020, 03:23:28 AM »
also my last 451 game me and (action)dan idled as scum for like d2-d4 and still won hahaha but i dont know if that's an accurate representation of how he plays considering more recent games i looked at

Raikaria is generally not a high-experience player. I think his posting here is consistent with his meta as either alignment.
Regarding Niek, he hasn't posted enough to reliably tell that he's not being coached. There are too many factors to consider here - availability of a scum!Niek's buddies, how much he actually would be listening to them as scum before posting, etc. I get the impression he's reserved and that pings me as possibly not wanting to mess up.

i'll wait for more opinions but i think i've said my piece in regards to what consolidation is looking like, so kk.

yeah i mean niek is always going to be a slot that's basically going to be null until it ramps up right? i tend to give new people free passes because of stuff like that (even though last game i played says i shouldnt), but if it flips red you can sorta make connections off of such a scumteam environment

Nuxl

« Reply #551 on: March 08, 2020, 03:24:43 AM »
- A majority is required for lynching. No majority = No Lynch.

does this mean "needs to hit 9" or "cannot tie"

i'll be around a good while/for deadline to vote anyway

« Reply #552 on: March 08, 2020, 03:30:07 AM »
gotta hit 9

I haven't played with Dan for years but my experience is that he idles as all alignments. This feels like town Dan from when he actually still posted and I was kind of impressed but I'm not giving him a pass yet as I'm scared of being hurt

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #553 on: March 08, 2020, 03:37:34 AM »
zwerd is a high confidence town read: there's something very stilted about his play that doesn't seem to have a real agenda behind it. he reads as low experience and it seems too pure but also wild and wacky to be what i'd expect of people newer to forum mafia. certain level of wanting to be inquisitive but not actually accomplishing anything, which reminds me a lot of caffeineboost on my homesite who ends up being a lot less composed as town as opposed to scum. this is my highest confidence townread. this is also part of my second job!

I... am not sure how to feel about this.

Nuxl

« Reply #554 on: March 08, 2020, 03:41:16 AM »
I... am not sure how to feel about this.

just keep doing you dude

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #555 on: March 08, 2020, 03:49:57 AM »
mafia sucks
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #556 on: March 08, 2020, 04:01:00 AM »
im still pretty happy with my vote on zwerd. After coming back to this thread after a day or so he has gone from posting loads of garbage to barely posting, and still posting almost nothing of value. He's also still sitting on the vote on me without really... scumhunting.

The buddy-up with nuxl that he's been doing the whole game is kinda worrisome
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Nuxl

« Reply #557 on: March 08, 2020, 04:06:52 AM »
im still pretty happy with my vote on zwerd. After coming back to this thread after a day or so he has gone from posting loads of garbage to barely posting, and still posting almost nothing of value. He's also still sitting on the vote on me without really... scumhunting.

The buddy-up with nuxl that he's been doing the whole game is kinda worrisome

Dl is in less than 24 hours and it's apparently maj not plural rule so your vote probably wouldn't be doing anything

Which of the lead wagons would you vote for? Can you respond to my inquiries on page 18?

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #558 on: March 08, 2020, 04:27:47 AM »
Hello Kilga could you please order the votals with the most votes on top? All the formatting makes it hard to read.

I like Raikaria. Good effortposts, good reads. Kinda disagree with the wagon on him, "his cases are too easy" feels like a real cheap shot and if he's lynched and flips town I'd take a good hard look at his wagon for scum

1) Abu is outside his town meta from mu, you know this is true because he agreed with me

2) I'm very easily pocketed and he seemed like he was gonna try pocket me considering he agreed with my scumread of him
Meta man bad. Automatic frown.

Conq is on my watchlist. I see him asking lots of questions but not looking for scum.
post 500 edit: Might retract that, he's looking for scum now.

I'd sheep a wagon on Oarfish, generally agree with the cases on him so far. Haven't seen much valuable from Abu either even though he has pressure on him

prims is gay as usual. Kinda like dan.

I have a lot of neutral opinions on other players (refa comes most to mind) that would probably rely on a flip to get a better light on

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #559 on: March 08, 2020, 04:28:50 AM »
Dl is in less than 24 hours and it's apparently maj not plural rule so your vote probably wouldn't be doing anything

Which of the lead wagons would you vote for? Can you respond to my inquiries on page 18?
you'll have to give me a post number, I'm on a different setting for posts per page

Nuxl

« Reply #560 on: March 08, 2020, 04:31:54 AM »
you'll have to give me a post number, I'm on a different setting for posts per page

520-521

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #561 on: March 08, 2020, 04:35:18 AM »
see the funny part about these are none of these are inherently scummy hahaha. it's pretty ignorant assume these traits are universally tied to an alignment across different sites, isn't it? (regarding the fact that multiple people are calling specific meta bad while also trying to apply general concepts that definitely wouldn't apply to every player universally because of different site backgrounds and skill level, which is where stuff like pmeta is actually important to come in)

so if hypothetically you can chalk these things up to something like site culture (e.g saying meta is bad or scummy, where on other sites people use it both as, either alignment, and as an effective tool to solve someone's alignment) how does your read develop on me with this in mind?

when did i dodge questions bee tee dubs
meta is bad. Look for scumslips and scum arguments, not gotcha games "he only does this as scum"

Maybe, but it's a thing people do on my site too and it's predominantly town aligned (see: apricity) XD
scumhunting is town. having opinions is town. not showing opinions and just jumping on wagons is bad and scum

« Reply #562 on: March 08, 2020, 04:38:34 AM »
Conq is on my watchlist. I see him asking lots of questions but not looking for scum.
post 500 edit: Might retract that, he's looking for scum now.
lmao at this

Nuxl

« Reply #563 on: March 08, 2020, 04:38:52 AM »
meta is bad. Look for scumslips and scum arguments, not gotcha games "he only does this as scum"
scumhunting is town. having opinions is town. not showing opinions and just jumping on wagons is bad and scum

I don't think that really answered my question

Refa

• There's a crying tree dropping apples on me...
  • ...and now I'm fighting God
    • You Won't Believe
« Reply #564 on: March 08, 2020, 04:40:52 AM »
I like Raikaria. Good effortposts, good reads. Kinda disagree with the wagon on him, "his cases are too easy" feels like a real cheap shot and if he's lynched and flips town I'd take a good hard look at his wagon for scum

No one has said this about Raikaria.

« Reply #565 on: March 08, 2020, 04:41:25 AM »
please no more gameplay theory posts. except for this one i'm about to make

feel as if people are either overvaluing meta or undervaluing it because they dont know how to apply it, with not much in between. it doesnt matter for this game though... you should be calling out peoples use of meta here only if its relevant to your opinion on the alignment of their playerslot. imo

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #566 on: March 08, 2020, 04:55:19 AM »

« Reply #567 on: March 08, 2020, 05:09:10 AM »
Town:
- Me, Sir Arthur Ingnatius Conan Touhou.

Leaning town:
- zwerdjib
- NNR (he is town mad because he is struggling to read the game)
- Duskfall (don't know his scum game but overall this seems good to me)
- Conq

Neutral:
- Refa
- Dormio
- Nuxl
- Dan
- SB
- Xinnidy

Neutral but kind of bad looking:
- Shadoweh (I think she could be town but the longer she voteparks on me the harder it is to not want to lynch her on a personal level lol)
- Serela (a little scummy, needs to say more things. think he'll become obvious soon enough if scum. Keep talking Serela.)
- Raikaria (looks like he picked dusk as a target then explained later which is odd)

Scummy:
- O4rfish (people have been TRing this guy and he could be town but I've thought his priorities were fuzzy and his cases basically are how I would expect him to apply his hyper-serious hall monitor approach to the game as scum who needs to make up cases. O4rfish please explain why you want to lynch Shadoweh over anyone else right now, including the other people you've suspected.)
- Niektory (even if overwhelmed, doesn't read like he's feeling any pressure to contribute to a town wincon)
- Abu (low posting semi-apathetic type scum guy)

There are too many mafia players.
Probably won't be around at deadline.

Nuxl

« Reply #568 on: March 08, 2020, 05:15:11 AM »
maj is so scumsided lmao

@arthur you're voting raik instead of abu. are you planning on changing it with those reads in mind

Nuxl

« Reply #569 on: March 08, 2020, 05:16:19 AM »
basically it seems like both lead wagons need to coordinate on one, heh