Author Topic: Neo Forum Mafia - Game Over  (Read 1029763 times)

Re: Neo Forum Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #510 on: March 07, 2020, 10:42:36 PM »
What's your read on nuxl dormio

« Reply #511 on: March 07, 2020, 10:54:13 PM »
Dormio, characterizing my vote for Shadoweh as "opportunistic" is weird. She posted this explanation of her vote, and then turned it into this explanation, so I voted her.

I still think Nuxl is probably scum, but he hasn't posted anything in the last ... I was going to say 18 hours but that is incorrect. And he hasn't made any statements about other players in even longer. 

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #512 on: March 07, 2020, 11:05:11 PM »
Vote Count 1.6

O4rfish (Rumia) (1): Raikaria, Dormio Ergo Sum
Prims (Narumi Yatadera) (1): Raikaria, Shadoweh
Dormio (Ran Yakumo) (1): sb, Niektory, Xinnidy
Shadoweh (Yuuka Kazami) (2): Conqueror, Dormio Ergo Sum, ActionDan, zwerdjib, Conqueror, sb, Refa, O4rfish
Conqueror (Tenshi Hinanawi) (0): Shadoweh
Serela (Koishi Komeiji) (0): Serela, Prims
sb (Sanae Kochiya) (0): Xinnidy
AbuHumaid (YuugenMagan) (2): Serela, Duskfall98, Conqueror
Raikaria (Sunny Milk) (4): Serela, zwerdjib, Conqueror, Prims, sb, Refa
Xinnidy (Yumemi Okazaki) (0):
zwerdjib (Yuyuko Saigyouji) (1): AbuHumaid, Dormio Ergo Sum, O4rfish, Refa, NekoNekoRex
Refa (Reimu Hakurei) (0): zwerdjib
ActionDan (Rinnosuke Morichika) (0):
NekoNekoRex (Chen) (2): zwerdjib, Niektory, O4rfish, zwerdjib
Duskfall98 (Shinki) (2): Nuxl, Raikaria
Nuxl (Youki Konpaku) (0): Prims, O4rfish, AbuHumaid, NekoNekoRex
Niektory (Yukari Yakumo) (0):

Not voting (1): AbuHumaid

With 17 alive, it takes 9 votes to lynch someone. You have about 23 hours remaining to cast your votes.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

Refa

• There's a crying tree dropping apples on me...
  • ...and now I'm fighting God
    • You Won't Believe
« Reply #513 on: March 07, 2020, 11:13:19 PM »
Dormio, characterizing my vote for Shadoweh as "opportunistic" is weird. She posted this explanation of her vote, and then turned it into this explanation, so I voted her.

I still think Nuxl is probably scum, but he hasn't posted anything in the last ... I was going to say 18 hours but that is incorrect. And he hasn't made any statements about other players in even longer.

Don't expect any posts from Nuxl in the near future TBH, I think he's busy playing the Mystery Dungeon remake.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #514 on: March 07, 2020, 11:19:49 PM »
define Statement27
{
        I don't really agree with the (Raikaria) wagon. I don't agree with what (Raikaria) is spouting but I think that he is making a genuine, if misguided, effort.
}
define Statement28
{
        I can definitely see where the posts saying that (AbuHumaid) is being useless and obsfucating are coming from.
}
define Statement29
{
        (AbuHumaid) isn't my preferred lynch as, personally, (AbuHumaid) looks like an overwhelmed newbie, or somebody who is very good at pretending to be an overwhelmed newbie, but I'd be willing to sheep and consolidate on this wagon if the need arised.
}
define Statement30
{
        Whilst I disagree with how (Nuxl) fundamentally approaches the game, after having taken a step back, I can appreciate (Nuxl) trying to progress the game state in (Nuxl)'s own way.
}
define Statement31
{
        This is especially true given that (Nuxl) has since stopped talking about the use of meta and more about (Nuxl)'s thoughts regarding other players and the explanation behind it.
}
define Statement32
{
        At least, until (Nuxl) disappeared like (Nuxl) said (Nuxl) would.
}
define Statement33
{
        I fail to see how (O4rfish) having some justification for voting (Shadoweh) and the vote being opportunistic are two mutually exclusive things.
}
if (Reply #503)
{
        cout <<(Statement27)
        cout <<(Statement28)
        cout <<(Statement29)
}
I don't really agree with the Raikaria wagon. I don't agree with what Raikaria is spouting but I think that he is making a genuine, if misguided, effort. I can definitely see where the posts saying that AbuHumaid is being useless and obsfucating are coming from. AbuHumaid isn't my preferred lynch as, personally, AbuHumaid looks like an overwhelmed newbie, or somebody who is very good at pretending to be an overwhelmed newbie, but I'd be willing to consolidate on this wagon if the need arised.
if (Reply #510)
{
        cout <<(Statement30)
        cout <<(Statement31)
        cout <<(Statement32)
}
Whilst I disagree with how Nuxl fundamentally approaches the game, after having taken a step back, I can appreciate Nuxl trying to progress the game state in Nuxl's own way. This is especially true given that Nuxl has since stopped talking about the use of meta and more about Nuxl's thoughts regarding other players and the explanation behind it. At least, until Nuxl disappeared like Nuxl said Nuxl would.
if (Reply #511)
{
        cout <<(Statement33)
}
I fail to see how O4rfish having some justification for voting Shadoweh and the vote being opportunistic are two mutually exclusive things.

« Reply #515 on: March 07, 2020, 11:20:42 PM »
Refa, seriously?

Duskfall, did you explain this post? What is a modspew?

Nuxl

• smogon.com/forums/members/nuxl.149971/
  • smogon.com/forums/forums/circus-maximus.78/
« Reply #516 on: March 07, 2020, 11:32:33 PM »
Spent 13 of the last 24 hours beating mystery dungeon DX. See you all in 30 minutes!

« Reply #517 on: March 07, 2020, 11:37:06 PM »
Refa, seriously?

Duskfall, did you explain this post? What is a modspew?

That post was a joke

Nuxl

« Reply #518 on: March 07, 2020, 11:38:00 PM »

« Reply #519 on: March 07, 2020, 11:42:09 PM »
hey sexy

I'm going to sleep see you

Nuxl

« Reply #520 on: March 07, 2020, 11:45:18 PM »
i got the name wrong because i hadn't gotten up to rereading 274 posts yet actually.

im not sure how much reading i can take in such a short time, I'm getting mental fatigue just trying to read all this strawberries.

voting is something i should be doing though and there is conveniently a votecount after my post so

##Vote: Nuxl I don't like them. Meta reads are bad. Not being open about reads is scummy. Dodging questions is scummy. I've seen a lot of all of that from them so far.

see the funny part about these are none of these are inherently scummy hahaha. it's pretty ignorant assume these traits are universally tied to an alignment across different sites, isn't it? (regarding the fact that multiple people are calling specific meta bad while also trying to apply general concepts that definitely wouldn't apply to every player universally because of different site backgrounds and skill level, which is where stuff like pmeta is actually important to come in)

so if hypothetically you can chalk these things up to something like site culture (e.g saying meta is bad or scummy, where on other sites people use it both as, either alignment, and as an effective tool to solve someone's alignment) how does your read develop on me with this in mind?

when did i dodge questions bee tee dubs

Nuxl

« Reply #521 on: March 07, 2020, 11:46:20 PM »
being all cryptic and pushing people to make opinions for you is gay and lame

Maybe, but it's a thing people do on my site too and it's predominantly town aligned (see: apricity) XD

« Reply #522 on: March 07, 2020, 11:48:59 PM »
Maybe, but it's a thing people do on my site too and it's predominantly town aligned (see: apricity) XD

I can't believe you just XDed

Nuxl

« Reply #523 on: March 07, 2020, 11:50:01 PM »
I can't believe you just XDed

when i was fire trucking around on my anon accounts it kinda bled in unfortunately

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #524 on: March 07, 2020, 11:50:56 PM »
define Statement23
{
        As for why I would prefer to vote for (zwerdjib), in addition to (zwerdjib) trying to shut down my discussion with regards to (Shadoweh) during early day 1, it's due to the fact that (zwerdjib) repeatedly justifies other people's actions.
}
define Statement24
{
        Defending somebody else's actions is something that only I should be allowed to do and it looks incredibly scummy to me when somebody else is doing it.
}
define Statement25
{
        Overall, it just feels to me as though (zwerdjib) is trying to shut down certain lines of discussion and that feels scummy to me.
}
if (Reply #503)
{
        cout <<(Statement23)
        cout <<(Statement24)
        cout <<(Statement25)

}
As for why I would prefer to vote for zwerdjib, in addition to zwerdjib trying to shut down my discussion with regards to Shadoweh during early day 1, it's due to the fact that zwerdjib repeatedly justifies other people's actions. Defending somebody else's actions is something that only I should be allowed to do and it looks incredibly scummy to me when somebody else is doing it. Overall, it just feels to me as though zwerdjib is trying to shut down certain lines of discussion and that feels scummy to me.

(hope you dont mind if i revise your posts' code)

i still stand by the thought that you were totally looking too hard into shadoweh-conq interactions early d1. also, and this is something that took a while for me to learn, but generally when you want to call someone out for defending/justifying actions, you should usually also consider their relations to other players. obviously, whether you want to follow this is, i guess, up to you; if you find the action itself scummy, that is a you thing. but even though i am very washed (and, contradictorily, new to hardcore mafia) this is honestly something ive, uh, gleaned? from my games. sorry this post is quite messy and probably went off-track somewhere

anyway, more importantly, i also subscribe to the same method nuxl is using for scumhunting - that is, divide and conquer, using poes and gathering townreads- though this method is less efficient, admittedly, its also more accurate imo and trust me i have tried both and its just more stable imho if we can all decide on a towncore and move on from there. that is why i play how i play.

finally, "shutting down lines of discussion" shouldnt be plural i think. or even singular, but you can argue otherwise for the latter i suppose

Nuxl

« Reply #525 on: March 07, 2020, 11:52:48 PM »
##unvote

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #526 on: March 07, 2020, 11:54:09 PM »
i spent like 20 mins writing that my brain really is fire trucking fried

Nuxl

« Reply #527 on: March 07, 2020, 11:55:18 PM »
@Duskfall98 i'm at around 5/9, maybe 6. what about you?

« Reply #528 on: March 07, 2020, 11:59:28 PM »
@Duskfall98 i'm at around 5/9, maybe 6. what about you?

Can't remember read my posts

« Reply #529 on: March 08, 2020, 12:18:01 AM »
I feel like I'm reading a different game because I thought Raikaria looked town and wanted to vote SB for going after him, then suddenly everyone agrees and is okay with a Raikaria lynch. I did just read about 6 pages at once though and the words are blurry in my head but uh, no i don't think Raik is scum.

"You didn't aggressively go after prims after voting him" he didn't post?? Did you expect me to force him out of the ether or something? :V His latest post didn't change my mind, I still think it looks like he's faking enthusiasm.

« Reply #530 on: March 08, 2020, 12:49:24 AM »
Agree Abu has been underwhelming. I was hoping he'd have more to say when coming back near the end of the day but it seems like the opposite happened.
##Unvote
##Vote: Abu
Doesn't seem like what NNR said should have been strong enough to make him drop the Nuxl vote without a stronger target. Sticking around to defend himself instead of getting a vote back down is poor priorities this late in the day IMO.
Also Dormio I don't think Abu is very new? At least he seems experienced enough that I wouldn't buy him being an "overwhelmed newbie".

Am OK with Raikaria lynch too; looks like he's chasing after perceived bad play in a way where I think it is easy for scum to pick a target then attack, which matches with the point about his Duskfall case potentially being forced was good, which I thought was good.

Nothing new from Serela... Nuxl still needs to have like, any sort of priorities regarding the lynch. It's funny Duskfall says his scum meta is to have low stamina because having low stamina is basically how I've been reading him here.

Overall Raikaria/Abu wagons seem good to me. It's a lot of votes to lynch and we've got less than 24 hours left, so people should start consolidating. This means people like Dormio, Xinnidy, NNR, SHADOWEH who are on 1-vote targets, unless those targets can also become wagons.
I personally don't want to lynch NNR or zwerd btw.

I've pretty much just been mirroring Conq's opinions on everything recently so I hope he's town lol.
Think people are being too quick to townread SB; having played with both SB and Refa a lot they're both very good at writing posts as both alignments. Not scumreading either atm though.

I still think it looks like he's faking enthusiasm.
TBH I am unenthused about this game as town because it's been a hard to read, low-content D1. I am still town though. I will act disproportionately passionate as all alignments for rhetorical purposes.

« Reply #531 on: March 08, 2020, 12:50:09 AM »
Am OK with Raikaria lynch too; looks like he's chasing after perceived bad play in a way where I think it is easy for scum to pick a target then attack, which matches with the point about his Duskfall case potentially being forced was good, which I thought was good.
should read "looks like he's chasing after perceived bad play in a way where I think it is easy for scum to pick a target then attack, which matches with the point about his Duskfall case potentially being forced, which I thought was good."
messed up while trying to rephrase my sentence

Nuxl

« Reply #532 on: March 08, 2020, 12:52:49 AM »
Agree Abu has been underwhelming. I was hoping he'd have more to say when coming back near the end of the day but it seems like the opposite happened.
##Unvote
##Vote: Abu
Doesn't seem like what NNR said should have been strong enough to make him drop the Nuxl vote without a stronger target. Sticking around to defend himself instead of getting a vote back down is poor priorities this late in the day IMO.
Also Dormio I don't think Abu is very new? At least he seems experienced enough that I wouldn't buy him being an "overwhelmed newbie".

Nothing new from Serela... Nuxl still needs to have like, any sort of priorities regarding the lynch. It's funny Duskfall says his scum meta is to have low stamina because having low stamina is basically how I've been reading him here.

Overall Raikaria/Abu wagons seem good to me. It's a lot of votes to lynch and we've got less than 24 hours left, so people should start consolidating. This means people like Dormio, Xinnidy, NNR, SHADOWEH who are on 1-vote targets, unless those targets can also become wagons.
I personally don't want to lynch NNR or zwerd btw.

I've pretty much just been mirroring Conq's opinions on everything recently so I hope he's town lol.
Think people are being too quick to townread SB; having played with both SB and Refa a lot they're both very good at writing posts as both alignments. Not scumreading either atm though.
TBH I am unenthused about this game as town because it's been a hard to read, low-content D1. I am still town though. I will act disproportionately passionate as all alignments for rhetorical purposes.

do i need priorities? does anyone need priorities? solving the game off of townreads is easier especially when there's no inherently big red flags lmfao

(still typing up a post on the side)

« Reply #533 on: March 08, 2020, 12:56:51 AM »
You do need priorities so that you will be easier to connect to flips later on. Consider that you are not a particularly townread player right now; if you do prefer to solve games off townreads, then you're currently on track to being an unknown later on, at which point you will have to be lynched on PoE. You should not want this if you are town.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #534 on: March 08, 2020, 01:21:07 AM »
query (Playerbase)
{
        cout <<(unvote)
        cout <<(scum)+(AbuHumaid)
}
##Unvote
##Vote: AbuHumaid

« Reply #535 on: March 08, 2020, 01:46:53 AM »
I'm not really interested in lynching Raikaria, and not too upset about lynching Abu, so I guess my views once again align with Dormio.

However, I still expect more from Shadoweh. Who do you think is scum besides Prims? What actions (not entire players) look scummy or towny to you, and for what reason? Is this too much to ask?

ActionDan

• ActionDan #8906
« Reply #536 on: March 08, 2020, 01:57:59 AM »
DanceHello I'm drunk

ActionDan

• ActionDan #8906
« Reply #537 on: March 08, 2020, 01:59:00 AM »
V-V-V-V-Votecount!

« Reply #538 on: March 08, 2020, 02:16:27 AM »
Abu 4, Raikaria 3, Shadoweh 2, everyone else 1 or 0

ActionDan

• ActionDan #8906
« Reply #539 on: March 08, 2020, 02:26:35 AM »
ok so I'm going Abu over Raikaria because like Shadoweh I guess I didn't think Raikaria's post after reentering the thread was that bad. I mean totally different take with regards to yourself Oarfish but good highlight on that one post that was quite bad.

And abu's revisionist history earlier definitely could have been scum tripping up slightly.