Author Topic: Neo Forum Mafia - Game Over  (Read 1029461 times)

Re: Neo Forum Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #480 on: March 07, 2020, 09:45:29 PM »
by the way your posts are still hardly comprehensive

Comprehensive or comprehensible?

Refa

• There's a crying tree dropping apples on me...
  • ...and now I'm fighting God
    • You Won't Believe
« Reply #481 on: March 07, 2020, 09:45:50 PM »
Yeah, this is a good vote. It doesn't like...excite me but it doesn't make me uncomfortable to leave for the night with it like my previous votes so that's a start.

##Unvote
##Vote Raikaria

SB, speaking about Dormio's Oarfish vote though, it kind of seemed like he was going after easy targets most of the game to me. I don't think that's like...scummy (I've seen town do it all of the time) but it's kind of been bothering me and wanted to ask you if you thought he did that as town.

Having a hard time townreading most of the people in this game honestly.

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #482 on: March 07, 2020, 09:48:04 PM »
Comprehensive or comprehensible?

...comprehensible. touché.

« Reply #483 on: March 07, 2020, 09:49:11 PM »
...comprehensible. touché.

Sorry what do you not understand lmao

« Reply #484 on: March 07, 2020, 09:49:36 PM »
Who was Dormio on before? Zeep? I can see why you'd call them an easy target in terms of content but they're also posting too much for me to call it an easy vote to maintain in good faith.

I do think that I should have a more solid read on Dormio by now than I actually do, though.

« Reply #485 on: March 07, 2020, 09:50:04 PM »
Raik vote is good too btw

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #486 on: March 07, 2020, 09:51:50 PM »
@Conqueror @Duskfall I don't get your Abu vote. Not like, I disagree with it, but I don't get what Abu did that was scummy.
I don't think his thinking duskfall voted him for activity makes sense (unless abu has a lurkscum meta, in which case abu's inactivity becomes relevant in a different way) and also at this point it seems like he's avoiding putting out reads.

Refa

• You Won't Believe
« Reply #487 on: March 07, 2020, 09:51:56 PM »
My vote started off as him being underwhelming and it was more a let's see what this does than anything else

Since then over the last few pages he has spiraled downwards by

1) reaction to being brought to slight attention was bad

2) he has flip flopped a lot quickly with little reason

3) he didn't give any reads when asked several times, didn't even say he had none just kinda dipped out and avoided answering

Wait, his reactions were bad? Honestly, that's not really why I voted him at all so uh time to ISO...

He seems annoyed with the people pushing him but I don't get why that's scummy? TBH, if people started voting me out of nowhere I'd be pretty annoyed too.

Can you explain where he flipflopped? I know he changed his mind on Oarfish, but what bothered me more there wasn't that he changed his mind but that his Oarfish read was based on one point and didn't touch upon any of the dude's other content.

I don't remember him not giving reads being an issue but also I've skimmed most of his posts so if you could quote some strawberries uh that'd be nice. :bow:

« Reply #488 on: March 07, 2020, 09:52:51 PM »
I don't think his thinking duskfall voted him for activity makes sense (unless abu has a lurkscum meta, in which case abu's inactivity becomes relevant in a different way) and also at this point it seems like he's avoiding putting out reads.

Its worth noting I've never played with scum Abu

Conqueror

« Reply #489 on: March 07, 2020, 09:53:05 PM »
refa, duskfall was talking about abu

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #490 on: March 07, 2020, 09:54:18 PM »
Sorry what do you not understand lmao

will post quotes after eating breakfast

« Reply #491 on: March 07, 2020, 09:54:55 PM »
How do I iso

« Reply #492 on: March 07, 2020, 09:55:28 PM »
refa, duskfall was talking about abu

I was about to go find Abu quotes thank god conq saved me isoing pains me

« Reply #493 on: March 07, 2020, 09:56:00 PM »
How do I iso

Go to someone's profile and click show posts. It's not perfect but it's not like anyone here is posting outside of the mafia thread (I think).

ActionDan

• ActionDan #8906
« Reply #494 on: March 07, 2020, 09:56:43 PM »
I will be back later tonight in around ~4 hours.

I've skimmed recent postings though and I'm mindful of them. Also will answer you @Conq after I get back

Refa

• You Won't Believe
« Reply #495 on: March 07, 2020, 09:59:08 PM »
Who was Dormio on before? Zeep? I can see why you'd call them an easy target in terms of content but they're also posting too much for me to call it an easy vote to maintain in good faith.

I do think that I should have a more solid read on Dormio by now than I actually do, though.

I guess I just noted it because as scum, especially on D1, it's hard for at least me to case higher profile players and you don't want to case reactive players as well (because then too much early attention on yourself). So that's why I'd consider his votes easy targets but I don't think his actual votes are lazy, which is why I guess the action bothers me but it's hard to get a read off of.

I can get behind that! What do you think the scum intent is for voting Duskfall? Actually uh, has Duskfall been under a lot of suspicion because that would answer that question.

Also I fire trucked up, sorry Duskfall. Yeah, that makes a lot more sense LMAO.

« Reply #496 on: March 07, 2020, 10:01:47 PM »
Wait is Abu actually voting me or just raik

Conqueror

« Reply #497 on: March 07, 2020, 10:05:42 PM »
I can get behind that! What do you think the scum intent is for voting Duskfall? Actually uh, has Duskfall been under a lot of suspicion because that would answer that question.
no, i meant, this.

##vote: abuhumaid
(for the sake of context, this was an empty vote and the only mention of abu in dusk's iso)
W-why!? :<

I think I know why though; I'll try to read for real this time.
what's the reason you think he voted you for? the vote is the only time he mentions you at all.
I thought he voted me because I wasn't active enough? Because I get voted for that quite often in games as either alignment, and I can link you games if you want.

the reaction from abu feels overly defensive. especially if as he claims this happens to him quite often. never mind that thinking duskfall voted abu over not being active is a pretty out there assumption as that could apply to a number of players in this game. this is mostly vibes but it feels like abu was self-conscious about his own lack of activity.

the kicker is that he hasn't really followed this up with any reads, he's just been floating and hoping the pressure goes away it looks like.

abu is voting for no one, refa misread i think

« Reply #498 on: March 07, 2020, 10:07:43 PM »
If Abu actually flips red I'm going to be intolerable with my flexxing

« Reply #499 on: March 07, 2020, 10:08:27 PM »
Aka nothing about me will change

Refa

• You Won't Believe
« Reply #500 on: March 07, 2020, 10:13:12 PM »
Duskfall, what's your read on Nuxl?

@Conq Oh, sorry for misreading again. Still okay with the reasoning I think. I know this happened a while back BTW but I don't really get why you had a Serela suspicion in the middle of the game for his RVS content. This bothered me moreso with Prims voteswitch but it felt like you were both getting on his case for something that I don't see any scum intent out of and I don't remember either of you addressing Serela's response.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #501 on: March 07, 2020, 10:17:04 PM »
define Statement18
{
        It felt to me as though (O4rfish)'s case on (Nuxl) was extremely forced, which was further evidenced by how quickly he dropped the case in order to chase a supposed scumslip by (NekoNekoRex).
}
define Statement19
{
        After that, (O4rfish) continues to do little of importance, with (O4rfish)'s biggest action being a jump onto (Shadoweh)'s wagon which feels opportunistic to me.
}
define Statement20
{
        Personally, I'd still rather be voting for zwerdjib, but as I mentioned in my earlier post, the punishment for no lynching is hilarious and also something that I never want to see happen and so I feel that this lynch has a higher likelihood of happening.
}
if (Reply #476)
{
        cout <<(Statement18)
        cout <<(Statement19)
        cout <<(Statement20)
}
It felt to me as though O4rfish's case on Nuxl was extremely forced, which was further evidenced by how quickly he dropped the case in order to chase a supposed scumslip by NekoNekoRex. After that, O4rfish continues to do little of importance, with O4rfish's biggest action being a jump onto Shadoweh's wagon which feels opportunistic to me. Personally, I'd still rather be voting for zwerdjib, but as I mentioned in my earlier post, the punishment for no lynching is hilarious and also something that I never want to see happen and so I feel that this lynch has a higher likelihood of happening.

Conqueror

« Reply #502 on: March 07, 2020, 10:17:36 PM »
ah, this is probably because you don't have as much history with scum!serela. as scum, serela has a history of having trouble faking scumreads on town, and it looked like he might have been doing that by the way he was talking about non-game-related stuff while aggressively avoiding any game talk. i've dropped it since i thought his posts when he caught up were okay enough.

Refa

• You Won't Believe
« Reply #503 on: March 07, 2020, 10:21:12 PM »
@Dormio- Ignoring the forced Nuxl case for a moment (honestly, maybe you're right I haven't looked too deeply into that), I don't see what's wrong with him jumping on NNR because he thought NNR scumslipped? What makes Zwerd worse in your eyes? Also what are your thoughts on Raikaria and Abu?

ah, this is probably because you don't have as much history with scum!serela. as scum, serela has a history of having trouble faking scumreads on town, and it looked like he might have been doing that by the way he was talking about non-game-related stuff while aggressively avoiding any game talk. i've dropped it since i thought his posts when he caught up were okay enough.

OH okay this makes way more sense.

« Reply #504 on: March 07, 2020, 10:21:55 PM »
Duskfall, what's your read on Nuxl?

@Conq Oh, sorry for misreading again. Still okay with the reasoning I think. I know this happened a while back BTW but I don't really get why you had a Serela suspicion in the middle of the game for his RVS content. This bothered me moreso with Prims voteswitch but it felt like you were both getting on his case for something that I don't see any scum intent out of and I don't remember either of you addressing Serela's response.

Everything he has done is believable in a town game but it is not so towny to make him a town read, nuxl isn't really readable D1 though imo, town him has more stamina than scum him over the game as a whole

Refa

• You Won't Believe
« Reply #505 on: March 07, 2020, 10:29:29 PM »
Everything he has done is believable in a town game but it is not so towny to make him a town read, nuxl isn't really readable D1 though imo, town him has more stamina than scum him over the game as a whole

Cool, so he'll be an easy read as the game goes on.

I'll probably be posting less soon but here's where my head's at right now:
  • I'd be okay with lynching either of Abu or Raikaria. Hopefully I can be on at the same time as them because I haven't really gotten the chance to talk to them at all this game.
  • I want to talk to Shadoweh and Dormio more because they've done individually suspicious things but I'm not reading scum intent off of it.
  • I'm against lynching Oarfish or Zwerd but I should probably reread them because I'm just going off of memory here

Conqueror

« Reply #506 on: March 07, 2020, 10:31:44 PM »
i guess i'll clarify that "okay enough" is a relative thing because objectively, serela came in, waffled over a bunch of people and then parked on a zero poster, but my vote trajectory has not been much better tbh and i dont aggressively disagree with anything he's done given gamestate.

fwiw i'd probably be okay with a raik lynch. think he's overselling the "lack of explanation" point on his duskfall vote; raik i know you've played with several people who dont explain everything they do so what stands out about duskfall here compared to them? not wanting to read dormio isn't scummy either. still interested in what you think of the shadoweh votes (although those seem to have completely disappeared at this point, im interested in what you think of my explanation).

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #507 on: March 07, 2020, 10:35:03 PM »
it has occurred to me my brain is totally fire trucking fried and i need to reread the last 5 pages several times to know what is going on

« Reply #508 on: March 07, 2020, 10:39:16 PM »
Refa about nuxl, I will say that he will never be an easy read. While I can say things is within his town range and everything so far has been, he is a very hard person to read and tbh even my read on him is kinda bad compared to what it should be, his read on me is much better than mine on him.

Later on the game if I'm not alive to ent I would say use your own intuition, usually scum him gets fed up but he has also solo carried games and he's a lot more active in a scum team of freinds, which is obviously a lot more likely this game if he did role scum.

Right now I'm still null just don't want myself to be quoted later to try clear him when not

He's still a bad D1 vote though

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #509 on: March 07, 2020, 10:40:25 PM »
define Statement21
{
        It's because the supposed scumslip was (NekoNekoRex) just being stupid, as opposed to an actual scumslip.
}
define Statement22
{
        Combine that with the fact that (O4rfish) appears to have completely forgotten that (Nuxl) exists, despite the fact that virtually every single post that (O4rfish) made before that point focused on some aspect of (Nuxl)'s play, and I think that the (NekoNekoRex) vote was little more than a convenient excuse to hop off a sinking ship.
}
define Statement23
{
        As for why I would prefer to vote for (zwerdjib), in addition to (zwerdjib) trying to shut down my discussion with regards to (Shadoweh) during early day 1, it's due to the fact that (zwerdjib) repeatedly justifies other people's actions.
}
define Statement24
{
        Defending somebody else's actions is something that only I should be allowed to do and it looks incredibly scummy to me when somebody else is doing it.
}
define Statement25
{
        Overall, it just feels to me as though (zwerdjib) is trying to shut down certain lines of discussion and that feels scummy to me.
}
define Statement26
{
        I'll make another post to explain my thoughts regarding (raikaria) and (AbuHumaid).
}
if (Reply #503)
{
        cout <<(Statement21)
        cout <<(Statement22)
        cout <<(Statement23)
        cout <<(Statement24)
        cout <<(Statement25)
        cout <<(Statement26)
}
It's because the supposed scumslip was NekoNekoRex just being stupid, as opposed to an actual scumslip. Combine that with the fact that O4rfish appears to have completely forgotten that Nuxl exists, despite the fact that virtually every single post that O4rfish made before that point focused on some aspect of Nuxl's play, and I think that the NekoNekoRex vote was little more than a convenient excuse to hop off a sinking ship. As for why I would prefer to vote for zwerdjib, in addition to zwerdjib trying to shut down my discussion with regards to Shadoweh during early day 1, it's due to the fact that zwerdjib repeatedly justifies other people's actions. Defending somebody else's actions is something that only I should be allowed to do and it looks incredibly scummy to me when somebody else is doing it. Overall, it just feels to me as though zwerdjib is trying to shut down certain lines of discussion and that feels scummy to me. I'll make another post to explain my thoughts regarding raikaria and AbuHumaid.