Author Topic: Neo Forum Mafia - Game Over  (Read 1029515 times)

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
Re: Neo Forum Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #450 on: March 07, 2020, 09:06:42 PM »
I thought he voted me because I wasn't active enough? Because I get voted for that quite often in games as either alignment, and I can link you games if you want.
ah okay. why did you think he voted you specifically for that given general game inactivity? that would be like half the game.

Anyway im more interesting in where your reads are atm, can you talk a bit about them?

« Reply #451 on: March 07, 2020, 09:07:02 PM »
Btw zwerd it's not a scumslip if you can debate over it being a scumslip

AbuHumaid

« Reply #452 on: March 07, 2020, 09:07:35 PM »
Activity =/= tryhard

You can be active while having no real content in your posts. Are you trolling?

« Reply #453 on: March 07, 2020, 09:07:51 PM »
Activity =/= tryhard

You can be active while having no real content in your posts. Are you trolling?

Maybe

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #454 on: March 07, 2020, 09:08:53 PM »
Btw zwerd it's not a scumslip if you can debate over it being a scumslip
you say that but people genuinely debated on whether 1610 was a scumslip and then lynched the guy who the scum slipped about wanting to frame.

« Reply #455 on: March 07, 2020, 09:10:05 PM »
It's not that standalone point. It's that lack of explanation in tandem with all the other lacking explanations, as well as the declaration to not bother with reading Dormio.

Also I have explained why I changed on O4rfish? The misunderstanding has been cleared up. I had stated that it was that one post which I thought was awful at the time was my reason for my scumread, which has been abandoned.

Have you never played with someone whos posting style is just hard to read so you don't? I know Eurykins wasn't on MotK but I don't think it's townie or scummy to not want to read into an awkward looking post during D1, just kinda lazy. It's more relevant later on (when trying to have reads on the whole living playerlist matters more) but not now.

I'm not referring to you figuring out what Oarfish's initial post meant and changing your read because of that, I'm saying that both of you made generic comments on "their more recent content is better than their older posts" and so I don't get why that's a problem. Duskfall expressed mixed feelings on Oarfish but no such feelings towards Abu so wouldn't this justify their vote?

WHY DO YOU ALL KEEP POSTING

« Reply #456 on: March 07, 2020, 09:10:18 PM »
you say that but people genuinely debated on whether 1610 was a scumslip and then lynched the guy who the scum slipped about wanting to frame.

LOL ok I retract my statement

AbuHumaid

« Reply #457 on: March 07, 2020, 09:10:25 PM »
I don't think Abu has answered my old question? Abu, why was NNR's case bad enough to make you unvote Nuxl but not vote NNR? Did you just forget or something? It feels awkward to me.
Your question about zwerd? I did answer it. And I didn't vote NNR because I was still reading his posts then got distracted.

« Reply #458 on: March 07, 2020, 09:11:50 PM »
Have you never played with someone whos posting style is just hard to read so you don't? I know Eurykins wasn't on MotK but I don't think it's townie or scummy to not want to read into an awkward looking post during D1, just kinda lazy. It's more relevant later on (when trying to have reads on the whole living playerlist matters more) but not now.

I'm not referring to you figuring out what Oarfish's initial post meant and changing your read because of that, I'm saying that both of you made generic comments on "their more recent content is better than their older posts" and so I don't get why that's a problem. Duskfall expressed mixed feelings on Oarfish but no such feelings towards Abu so wouldn't this justify their vote?

WHY DO YOU ALL KEEP POSTING

No I'm just townreading oarfish straight up

« Reply #459 on: March 07, 2020, 09:13:49 PM »
Ma I big braining or did Abu decided to get agressive at me because I said he would try pocket me btw

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #460 on: March 07, 2020, 09:14:03 PM »
#371 is bad because well... just saying you're not reading someone's posts indicates potential apathy; low-effort and not scumhunting Dormio.

am curious; what do you think of dormio doing the same with oars posts

« Reply #461 on: March 07, 2020, 09:14:35 PM »
Yeah but unless I am severely illiterate I remember you saying that you didn't like them at first @Duskfall

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #462 on: March 07, 2020, 09:15:03 PM »
define Statement15
{
        The context where (NekoNekoRex) is stupid and voting (NekoNekoRex) for being stupid and not scummy is a waste of time.
}
define Question11
{
        By the way, did (Playerbase) read the rules regarding no lynches and no kills?
}
define Statement16
{
        The punishment for failing to reach a majority lynch is pretty hilarious. Also not something that I want to see happen.
}
query (Playerbase)
{
        ask (Question11)
        ask (Statement16)
}
if (Reply #447)
{
        cout <<(Statement15)
        cout <<(unvote)
        cout <<(scum)+(O4rfish)
}
The context where NekoNekoRex is stupid and voting NekoNekoRex for being stupid and not scummy is a waste of time.
##Unvote
##Vote: O4rfish

« Reply #463 on: March 07, 2020, 09:15:18 PM »
am curious; what do you think of dormio doing the same with oars posts

I was not joking when I said I wasn't reading dormios posts

« Reply #464 on: March 07, 2020, 09:15:52 PM »
Yeah but unless I am severely illiterate I remember you saying that you didn't like them at first @Duskfall

I said their first post was bad which I stand by but that doesn't mean scummy

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #465 on: March 07, 2020, 09:17:24 PM »
define Question12
{
        To clarify, is (zwerdjib) saying that I'm not reading (O4rfish)'s posts, or are you referring to the comment I made regarding (NekoNekoRex)?
}
if (Reply #460)
{
        ask (Question12)
}

« Reply #466 on: March 07, 2020, 09:17:27 PM »
later posts. the early posts were fine for when they were made but i guess it's the general lack of progression in reads from the slot as a whole, is how i can explain it best.

Fair. I've been feeling kinda similarly that his posts have felt disjointed.

@Abu I misspoke when I said question, I meant this with Zeep and Nuxl, which I don't think you've responded to? If you have please link me because I missed it.

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #467 on: March 07, 2020, 09:18:02 PM »
define Question12
{
        To clarify, is (zwerdjib) saying that I'm not reading (O4rfish)'s posts, or are you referring to the comment I made regarding (NekoNekoRex)?
}
if (Reply #460)
{
        ask (Question12)
}

the former

« Reply #468 on: March 07, 2020, 09:18:49 PM »
I said their first post was bad which I stand by but that doesn't mean scummy

Oh, just generically bad, okay.

I think this still proves my point either way though.

« Reply #469 on: March 07, 2020, 09:21:23 PM »
I would like to see votals but I'm not afraid of missing hammer at all.

I don't understand Dormio's vote but I'm kind of afraid of the response I'd get from asking.

« Reply #470 on: March 07, 2020, 09:21:43 PM »
Has Abu posted his reads yet since conq asked

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #471 on: March 07, 2020, 09:22:38 PM »
define Statement17
{
        I feel as though I have read through (O4rfish)'s posts and the latest posts that (O4rfish) has made don't change my mind regarding (O4rfish).
}
query (zwerdjib)
{
        ask (Statement17)
        return (Opinions)
}

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #472 on: March 07, 2020, 09:26:31 PM »
define Statement17
{
        I feel as though I have read through (O4rfish)'s posts and the latest posts that (O4rfish) has made don't change my mind regarding (O4rfish).
}
query (zwerdjib)
{
        ask (Statement17)
        return (Opinions)
}

alright, thanks for the insight

but it was addressed to raikaria

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #473 on: March 07, 2020, 09:29:14 PM »
// ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Refa

• There's a crying tree dropping apples on me...
  • ...and now I'm fighting God
    • You Won't Believe
« Reply #474 on: March 07, 2020, 09:33:04 PM »
Hey SB, why is Raikaria scum? I'm sure you've explained this and so have other people but I haven't read it and kinda want to know what's going on with the biggest wagons if nothing else.

Nothing I've read from Oarfish has made me want to lynch him.

Refa

• There's a crying tree dropping apples on me...
  • ...and now I'm fighting God
    • You Won't Believe
« Reply #475 on: March 07, 2020, 09:38:58 PM »
Okay never mind, I read your post you slacker.

His Duskfall read bothers me because it feels more like...he's framing Duskfall as scum over naturally coming to that conclusion? I don't know how to explain this better. I get the same vibe from his Oarfish vote, but is it worse than other Oarfish votes? You've been keeping up better than me so please answer this.

@Conqueror @Duskfall I don't get your Abu vote. Not like, I disagree with it, but I don't get what Abu did that was scummy.

« Reply #476 on: March 07, 2020, 09:39:53 PM »
Hey SB, why is Raikaria scum? I'm sure you've explained this and so have other people but I haven't read it and kinda want to know what's going on with the biggest wagons if nothing else.

Nothing I've read from Oarfish has made me want to lynch him.

Rai's Oarfish vote felt really easy? Like, it feels like a such a given to me that it wasn't going to be today in realtime, so if that's the only reason you put the vote down then I'm not really happy with it. I guess the progression towards unvoting is believable enough but also kinda null. Cut: not big on the Duskfall vote because I think it frames a couple of posts unnecessarily badly ("due to an assumption on mentality" is weird because uh, Mafia is all about making assumptions and exploring them from there). Picking on Duskfall's progression on Oarfish is also weird because you also just said "but Oarfish's posts look better later" (roughly) without elaborating. Why is this scummy from Duskfall but not you?

They had also clearly read the gamethread yesterday enough to understand the gamestate but didn't really do anything with it. I feel like they should've had at least some surface-level thought to start with rather than just talking about meta?

Dormio, why is Oarfish scummy instead of just town playing poorly?

« Reply #477 on: March 07, 2020, 09:41:20 PM »
His Duskfall read bothers me because it feels more like...he's framing Duskfall as scum over naturally coming to that conclusion? I don't know how to explain this better. I get the same vibe from his Oarfish vote, but is it worse than other Oarfish votes? You've been keeping up better than me so please answer this.

I have lost track of who the other Oarfish voters are here aside from Dormio because I'm kinda waiting for votals, but while I straight up don't understand Dormio's I aggressively disagreed with Rai's.

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #478 on: March 07, 2020, 09:41:52 PM »
Literally posted like a whole page to myself dummy

by the way your posts are still hardly comprehensive

« Reply #479 on: March 07, 2020, 09:44:54 PM »
Okay never mind, I read your post you slacker.

@Conqueror @Duskfall I don't get your Abu vote. Not like, I disagree with it, but I don't get what Abu did that was scummy.

My vote started off as him being underwhelming and it was more a let's see what this does than anything else

Since then over the last few pages he has spiraled downwards by

1) reaction to being brought to slight attention was bad

2) he has flip flopped a lot quickly with little reason

3) he didn't give any reads when asked several times, didn't even say he had none just kinda dipped out and avoided answering