Author Topic: Neo Forum Mafia - Game Over  (Read 1029597 times)

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
Re: Neo Forum Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #420 on: March 07, 2020, 08:13:32 PM »
I think I was right though

pop some comprehensive thoughts smh

« Reply #421 on: March 07, 2020, 08:17:49 PM »
I have attempted to explain why this environment is actually anti-town, and thus the players most directly responsible for this (Zwerdjib and Nuxl) should either change their behavior or be lynched. 
An addendum: I have won exactly 1 (one) game of Mafia, and that was due to a blatant scumslip which I jumped on.

I don't know how to say this nicely, but you probably shouldn't be telling people how to change their playstyles with this kind of record.

Catching up.

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #422 on: March 07, 2020, 08:23:18 PM »
Raikaria - we are in d1, so today is d1. I realize now that I should have phrased that differently.

In which case I misunderstood your intent.

##: Unvote

The irony in this statement is rather large.

i feel like you just read 5 posts per page and called it a day

how much of the exchange did you read

3:
I would have really liked a bit of specification on what the "scumslip" was here? I don't immediately see anything wrong with NNR's post. Kinda helps to convince people t follow a case when you... uh... explain your case.

That said; with only 1 vote on NNR at the time of O4rfish's vote it dosen't look like just jumping on a wagon like I was concerned O4rfish was implying was possible with the previous post I quoted from him. I still don't like him at this point however.

Also zwerdjib does the same thing right after.

4:
The irony in this statement is rather large.

Quite a selective quote. The irony came from the fact that in my previous point I called you and O4rfish out for making NNR votes claiming a 'scumslip' without ever highlighting what this alleged 'scumslip' was.

Hence you calling people out for not making cases was ironic.

Gonna have another re-read to try and decide who I wish to vote, now the crux of my vote on O4rfish has been addressed.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #423 on: March 07, 2020, 08:25:34 PM »
@raikaria I was making a new wagon before I went to sleep to see if it gained any traction. re: the votes on shadoweh; they havent evolved much, but shadoweh also hasn't done much since then and my vote felt stale (although the reasons for voting her havent disappeared). will catch up on other stuff in a bit.

Conqueror

« Reply #424 on: March 07, 2020, 08:27:31 PM »
i was going to ask you about your oarfish vote but you'd moved off that since apparently it was a misreading? would like to see where you go next i guess.

Conqueror

« Reply #425 on: March 07, 2020, 08:30:32 PM »
W-why!? :<

I think I know why though; I'll try to read for real this time.
what's the reason you think he voted you for? the vote is the only time he mentions you at all.

Warning for future readers Abu is probably scum but is also probably gonna pocket me
can you talk more about both parts of this statement?

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #426 on: March 07, 2020, 08:31:33 PM »
Also I'll just take the chance to express my annoyance at my timezone apparently lining up awfully with everyone else's. I wake up to 4~5 new pages; and yet hardly anything is posted while I'm awake.

Perhaps I should just wait and collect my thoughts and make my decision when I wake up Sunday. Especially since at the moment [although I have not yet done my re-read] my main scumreads are the very flimsy wagon upon myself; which are not even solid scumreads.

And slapping a lurker isn't going to achieve much either.

@raikaria I was making a new wagon before I went to sleep to see if it gained any traction. re: the votes on shadoweh; they havent evolved much, but shadoweh also hasn't done much since then and my vote felt stale (although the reasons for voting her havent disappeared). will catch up on other stuff in a bit.

I'll be honest, I'm not even sure of the 'reasons' to vote Shadoweh right now. I've not seen too much explanation in any of the Shadoweh votes.

i was going to ask you about your oarfish vote but you'd moved off that since apparently it was a misreading? would like to see where you go next i guess.

It was a misunderstanding. I thought O4rfish meant 'today' as in 'Saturday'. Especially with the 2nd paragraph. I thought he was pushing for us to end Day 1 prematurely. Which I saw as a Pro-Scum idea.

I got the wrong end of the stick. Combined with me stating previously that I generally agreed with O4rfish's later posts, and I see no reason to continue voting for him.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

« Reply #427 on: March 07, 2020, 08:32:28 PM »
pop some comprehensive thoughts smh

Literally posted like a whole page to myself dummy

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #428 on: March 07, 2020, 08:34:01 PM »
Quite a selective quote. The irony came from the fact that in my previous point I called you and O4rfish out for making NNR votes claiming a 'scumslip' without ever highlighting what this alleged 'scumslip' was.

Hence you calling people out for not making cases was ironic.

the scumslip should have been obvious from context

Conqueror

« Reply #429 on: March 07, 2020, 08:35:25 PM »
Just popping in to apologize for inactivity, I'm pretty busy right now. And I honestly didn't expect that volume of posts (noob mistake I guess). And still can't really read much from them. I'll try to catch up later today.

Oh, and I have no idea who Flee Fleet is.
Uh, just give us any thoughts you have at all regarding the game. They can be freeform if you want.

-cut by raikaria. Well I can summarize my reason for why shadoweh felt off to me (although im pretty sure ive talked about this already). The jump on Prims for a side comment on me/Shadoweh was pretty weak and she rejustified it later by saying he might be mafia posturing...but she hasn't really pushed it at all our tried to get other people on bored. Doesn't feel genuine if shadoweh thinks Prims might actually be scum while other people are looking at other distractions.

« Reply #430 on: March 07, 2020, 08:36:07 PM »
what's the reason you think he voted you for? the vote is the only time he mentions you at all.

1) Abu is outside his town meta from mu, you know this is true because he agreed with me

2) I'm very easily pocketed and he seemed like he was gonna try pocket me considering he agreed with my scumread of him

Conqueror

« Reply #431 on: March 07, 2020, 08:40:44 PM »
Dan can you talk to me about your prims town read? I always jump dump prims into the null pile (for instance I don't think his evolution on nuxl can't come from mafia because im fairly sure ive seen similar stuff from him as mafia before and ive been fooled) so was wondering if there was some other reason you arrived there.

what's abu's town meta, dusk? i've only played one game with him and it was a mash. him saying he might know where the scumread on him came from did feel off though yeah.

« Reply #432 on: March 07, 2020, 08:42:12 PM »
Abu is a typical mu tryhard

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #433 on: March 07, 2020, 08:42:55 PM »
Actually; I've seen something I dislike.

##Vote: Duskfall98

Duskfall hasn't done much, and a lot of what he has done is non-content. But there's also quite a few things I don't think are good.

#371 is bad because well... just saying you're not reading someone's posts indicates potential apathy; low-effort and not scumhunting Dormio.

#372 he states he kind of agrees with Refa's reasons for voting for Zwerdjib. Keep this in mind.

#378 he gives a townread but no reasoning for it.

#382 is really weird. It's ruling out Scum Zwerdjib due to a guess on his mentality? Also he dosen't elaborate on why he thinks Zwerdjib could be 'scum that is enjoying being scum'. Don't most people prefer being scum over town anyway?

#387 - calls out a 'bad post' from O4rfish with no explanation.

#393 - And why does his next post ping town? And why is it so town it over-rides the previous bad post?

And then he goes and votes randomly with no explanation for Abu despite not mentioning any of his posts; and having expressed potential scumreads on 2 other players, and agreeing with Refa's reasons for voting Zwej.

I don't like any of this.

« Reply #434 on: March 07, 2020, 08:44:27 PM »
I want to see what he actually thinks I voted him for tbh

Conqueror

« Reply #435 on: March 07, 2020, 08:44:49 PM »
I got the wrong end of the stick. Combined with me stating previously that I generally agreed with O4rfish's later posts, and I see no reason to continue voting for him.
Okay, sure. But who do you want to vote for now?

##unvote
##vote abuhumaid

fine with trying this after a skim of his iso

ah dammit raik just invalidated my post lemme read it

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #436 on: March 07, 2020, 08:45:06 PM »
the scumslip should have been obvious from context

Well; it's not obvious to me. If it's 'obvious' elaboration should be no problem.

Different people see things different ways. What's 'obvious' to you is not 'obvious' to others. You need to convince people to vote with you. Reasons for votes should be explained.

« Reply #437 on: March 07, 2020, 08:48:49 PM »
Okay, sure. But who do you want to vote for now?

##unvote
##vote abuhumaid

fine with trying this after a skim of his iso

ah dammit raik just invalidated my post lemme read it

I'm fine voting this for now I can change later if need be

Conqueror

« Reply #438 on: March 07, 2020, 08:50:03 PM »
Well, if we're talking reasoning, my personal reasons to vote for abu: check his iso for his votes and reasoning. after the backtrack on his nuxl vote the post/content ratio is horrible. Abu, can you talk a bit more about who you'd vote at this stage? You mention not liking nnr's nuxl vote...which he has already moved on from. what are you current thoughts on nnr?

« Reply #439 on: March 07, 2020, 08:50:55 PM »
Actually; I've seen something I dislike.

##Vote: Duskfall98

Duskfall hasn't done much, and a lot of what he has done is non-content. But there's also quite a few things I don't think are good.

#371 is bad because well... just saying you're not reading someone's posts indicates potential apathy; low-effort and not scumhunting Dormio.

#372 he states he kind of agrees with Refa's reasons for voting for Zwerdjib. Keep this in mind.

#378 he gives a townread but no reasoning for it.

#382 is really weird. It's ruling out Scum Zwerdjib due to a guess on his mentality? Also he dosen't elaborate on why he thinks Zwerdjib could be 'scum that is enjoying being scum'. Don't most people prefer being scum over town anyway?

#387 - calls out a 'bad post' from O4rfish with no explanation.

#393 - And why does his next post ping town? And why is it so town it over-rides the previous bad post?

And then he goes and votes randomly with no explanation for Abu despite not mentioning any of his posts; and having expressed potential scumreads on 2 other players, and agreeing with Refa's reasons for voting Zwej.

I don't like any of this.

You said "actually I found something I dislike"

But then mention 6 different things, do you think there's a possibility you are confbiasing considering you piled on a load of allegedly scummy things I have done? Or do you think you honestly just didn't notice 6 different scummy things I did in the last few pages?

« Reply #440 on: March 07, 2020, 08:52:15 PM »
SB - I guess someone could have a townread this early, and be confident enough to suspect people who vote for them, but I don't buy Nuxl making a faction read based on Zwerdjib's posting style reminding Nuxl of Caffeine's posting style, especially when one of two facts mentioned about Caffeine is that they are scummy as town and towny as scum. 

Why don't you buy into it? I'm not following you here.

I kinda think Oarfish is town regardless though. I've never felt like they were bullstrawberriesting responses to me, it just feels like they're very misguided and tunnel too much on playstyle reasons. I'm pretty sure that they believe the cases that they're making which makes me think that they're town, but stillOarfish, I can vouch for town!Nuxl posting a similar volume of post to this (I've hosted a game with them in it) so please don't take the fact that he posts a lot as scummy because it's literally a site thing.

Zeep's response to NNR (or the bit he expanded on with Conq) feels kinda nitpicky, wrt "why are there no quotes" and stuff like that. I think examining the votepost without the followup clarification where NNR admitted they were unclear is kinda wack too? I know you said the "followup didn't justify it" (rough quote) but why?

Rai's Oarfish vote felt really easy? Like, it feels like a such a given to me that it wasn't going to be today in realtime, so if that's the only reason you put the vote down then I'm not really happy with it. I guess the progression towards unvoting is believable enough but also kinda null. Cut: not big on the Duskfall vote because I think it frames a couple of posts unnecessarily badly ("due to an assumption on mentality" is weird because uh, Mafia is all about making assumptions and exploring them from there). Picking on Duskfall's progression on Oarfish is also weird because you also just said "but Oarfish's posts look better later" (roughly) without elaborating. Why is this scummy from Duskfall but not you?

I don't think Abu has answered my old question? Abu, why was NNR's case bad enough to make you unvote Nuxl but not vote NNR? Did you just forget or something? It feels awkward to me.

##Unvote
##Vote: Raikaria

I still want Shadoweh to clarify what she meant because I'm very ??? but I think I understand her vote progression a bit better at least.

« Reply #441 on: March 07, 2020, 08:52:59 PM »
bullstrawberriesting

The filter is incredible.

« Reply #442 on: March 07, 2020, 08:55:34 PM »
Conq, were you more bothered by the early Abu posts or the later ones?

« Reply #443 on: March 07, 2020, 08:56:44 PM »
SB pocketed me without interacting with me

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #444 on: March 07, 2020, 08:59:11 PM »
Picking on Duskfall's progression on Oarfish is also weird because you also just said "but Oarfish's posts look better later" (roughly) without elaborating. Why is this scummy from Duskfall but not you?

It's not that standalone point. It's that lack of explanation in tandem with all the other lacking explanations, as well as the declaration to not bother with reading Dormio.

Also I have explained why I changed on O4rfish? The misunderstanding has been cleared up. I had stated that it was that one post which I thought was awful at the time was my reason for my scumread, which has been abandoned.

You said "actually I found something I dislike"

But then mention 6 different things, do you think there's a possibility you are confbiasing considering you piled on a load of allegedly scummy things I have done? Or do you think you honestly just didn't notice 6 different scummy things I did in the last few pages?

The 'thing I don't like' is your general lack of explanations. Those are examples. I didn't like it before but at the time thought O4rfish was worse. You're really splitting hairs.

Conqueror

« Reply #445 on: March 07, 2020, 08:59:56 PM »
im conflicted wrt to raik's post on duskfall because on the one hand i hate pbp cases and dont think they're useful 99% of the time but I can see raik making them as town. also i personally don't agree with many of the points you're making about duskfall (i've seen a few games of his and he could go either way for me atm based on what ive seen of his games; a lot of the stuff you point out feels nai because of playstyle).

raik, what do you think of my explanation re: the shadoweh votes?

Conqueror

« Reply #446 on: March 07, 2020, 09:01:18 PM »
Conq, were you more bothered by the early Abu posts or the later ones?
later posts. the early posts were fine for when they were made but i guess it's the general lack of progression in reads from the slot as a whole, is how i can explain it best.

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #447 on: March 07, 2020, 09:01:39 PM »
Well; it's not obvious to me. If it's 'obvious' elaboration should be no problem.

Different people see things different ways. What's 'obvious' to you is not 'obvious' to others. You need to convince people to vote with you. Reasons for votes should be explained.

ok then tell me in which context is someone saying "person who has never mentioned page count wasnt joking when they said there was a lot to go through" not a scumslip

AbuHumaid

« Reply #448 on: March 07, 2020, 09:03:51 PM »
I thought he voted me because I wasn't active enough? Because I get voted for that quite often in games as either alignment, and I can link you games if you want.
Abu is a typical mu tryhard
This is staright up lying. I've never actually tried hard in a mafia game outside my home site (MAL); on MU my posts always had a sarcastic/strawberriesposting tone.

Also, what's my town meta exactly? I'm not even sure.

« Reply #449 on: March 07, 2020, 09:05:53 PM »
>I thought I was getting voted for not posting enough

>I'm not a tryhard

Pick one