Author Topic: Neo Forum Mafia - Game Over  (Read 1029536 times)

Re: Neo Forum Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #390 on: March 07, 2020, 12:41:58 PM »
All these people complaining about nuxl spamposting should be glad I wasn't in thread with him

« Reply #391 on: March 07, 2020, 12:46:27 PM »
Did zwerd just imply ps and smogon mafia are the same

« Reply #392 on: March 07, 2020, 12:58:19 PM »
Skimmed earlier and then ran out of time to actually make a real post. Oops.

Oh I 100% meant that if he posted I didn't see it, I'll look at it.
Wait this is the post he did before I voted wtf don't confuse me sb

B-but you mentioned that Nuxl and Zeep interactions are what he should've been posting about, which he did? Am I misinterpreting what you said or something? I don't have time to backcheck this right now but I am very, very confused.

The Serela suspicions are fine. I thought Rai's opener was very similar if not worse (but maybe that's just because I'm annoyed that I waited to see if he would post when he said he would), but I think that Serela of all people voting Rai for those reasons in this gamestate is wonky when it would've been pretty easy to swap their names around and have the case still hold up. The way they budged so easily to Nuxl is kinda weird too. In general they feel a bit like a doormat, but I need to read their later stuff properly and see if they have any more to go with because their Rai suspicion is only weird to me because it's the only thing they have.

SB - if I (as town) somehow knew that Zwerdjib was town, I would still view Nuxl as scummy. Nuxl says "this person is town; I will defend this person" which at face value is only slightly valuable. His defense is that Zwerdjib reminds him of some other player which means Zwerdjib is town somehow ... and the threat to defend him was a joke. This is such poor play it's worthy of ridicule. Tell me SB, am I wasting everyone's time by pressing him on this?

Not necessarily a waste, but I was confused on your vote because pushing them as scum/scum with Nuxl defending scum Zeep would mean voting Nuxl instead of Zeep (since Nuxl's alignment hinged on Zeep's) would've made your vote just not work. I guess it makes more sense with you still thinking it works regardless of Zeep's alignment, but why would this "poor play" from Nuxl be only possible from scum!Nuxl. Could he not be town with a townread instead?

Xin, why are you voting for Dormio instead of Serela? It reads to me like you're more sold on scum!Serela.
Prims, why did you vote Serela initially instead of Raikaria?

Out of time.

« Reply #393 on: March 07, 2020, 01:03:43 PM »
I see refa asking nuxl end of page 8 stuff about oarfish and i have to say that oarfish pinged town the post after the one I highlighted as being bad

« Reply #394 on: March 07, 2020, 01:11:05 PM »
##vote: abuhumaid

ActionDan

• ActionDan #8906
« Reply #395 on: March 07, 2020, 01:14:45 PM »
explain both but sb especially as sb seems very null to me

For oarfish every post reads town (including the one Dusk just quoted) aside from the one about roughly explaining what scum might do to be scummy D1.

As for sb, I originally thought his posting was null at the beginning but collectively I think he's been good at being comprehensive and more importantly his train of thought resonates with me at some key points. Re: Shadoweh e.g., as well what I'd consider the pressure on abu, who has had to rephrase if not tailor his stances a bit because of it.

« Reply #396 on: March 07, 2020, 01:17:32 PM »
We should lynch someone today.

If this is scum I'll cry

« Reply #397 on: March 07, 2020, 01:22:41 PM »
Page 11 and getting kinda bored, nnr seems above rand scum I think

Kilgamayan

• False Administrator
  • The Real Treasure is You
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #398 on: March 07, 2020, 01:28:58 PM »
Wait does this forum actually autocorrect to fire truck hahaha that's so funny I thought everyone was just really good at censoring but now I realise everyone is just titled af

There is a word filter but it can be turned off locally in one's profile page (under the Look and Layout options).

Vote Count 1.5

O4rfish (Rumia) (0):
Prims (Narumi Yatadera) (2): Raikaria, Shadoweh
Dormio (Ran Yakumo) (1): sb, Niektory, Xinnidy
Shadoweh (Yuuka Kazami) (4): Conqueror, Dormio Ergo Sum, ActionDan, zwerdjib, Conqueror, sb, Refa, O4rfish
Conqueror (Tenshi Hinanawi) (0): Shadoweh
Serela (Koishi Komeiji) (0): Serela, Prims
sb (Sanae Kochiya) (0): Xinnidy
AbuHumaid (YuugenMagan) (1): Serela, Duskfall98
Raikaria (Sunny Milk) (3): Serela, zwerdjib, Conqueror, Prims
Xinnidy (Yumemi Okazaki) (0):
zwerdjib (Yuyuko Saigyouji) (2): AbuHumaid, Dormio Ergo Sum, O4rfish, Refa, NekoNekoRex
Refa (Reimu Hakurei) (0): zwerdjib
ActionDan (Rinnosuke Morichika) (0):
NekoNekoRex (Chen) (2): zwerdjib, Niektory, O4rfish, zwerdjib
Duskfall98 (Shinki) (1): Nuxl
Nuxl (Youki Konpaku) (1): Prims, O4rfish, AbuHumaid, NekoNekoRex
Niektory (Yukari Yakumo) (0):

Not voting (0): No one!

With 17 alive, it takes 9 votes to lynch someone. You have about 32.5 hours remaining to cast your votes.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> fire truck YEAH

« Reply #399 on: March 07, 2020, 01:43:54 PM »
Wow I'm up to date go me

« Reply #400 on: March 07, 2020, 01:47:40 PM »

Shhh I was trying to pretend I'm catching up to thread organically you're gonna modspew me

« Reply #401 on: March 07, 2020, 01:48:37 PM »
strawberries wrong thread ignore that

ActionDan

• ActionDan #8906
« Reply #402 on: March 07, 2020, 01:56:51 PM »
Shhh I was trying to pretend I'm catching up to thread organically you're gonna modspew me

uhhhhhhhh, which thread was this intended for :V

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #403 on: March 07, 2020, 02:06:53 PM »
I don't really like Raikaria, but I also am not sure I should actually vote them, because they say they'll be a lot more available later and I can get being really busy during the first couple days of the game (e.g. me) but at the same time, it's not like they haven't posted; it's just that the posts they DID make are... completely irrelevant? They spent a post giving a summary of motk meta, but also, didn't actually comment on the ongoing game other than "huh, nuxl and zwerd talk a lot".

I mean there wasn't a lot to comment on. It was mostly just two people rambleing and talking largely about ~Meta~ which I addressed.

We should lynch someone today.

What scum want is to run out the clock.  Town is trying to get a bunch of useful information before the lynch.  Scum will try to prevent most or all of the day's posts from being useful after the lynch.  Thus, scum will make (or let) town waste time and energy doing unproductive things such as reading tons of low-content posts. Players are lazy and don't want to read that much. Have you seen how many people complain about the number of pages in this thread?

This is bad. Like really; really bad.

What scum want is irrelevant/fluffy discussion; yes.

But town is absolutely no way benefits from cutting discussion early. That is 100% a pro-scum move. More talking means to to go from. Even if there's fluff; low-effort and potentially posts which lead people up the wrong tree; there will still be things useful to town.

Cutting discussion early only ever benefits scum. Because there's less to make a case from. So you're advocating a move which doesn't help town and helps scum.

Even worse; you say 'we should lynch someone today' and then... don't vote for anyone or make a case. Suggesting you're happy with us lynching ~anyone~ today. Or perhaps you're happy just jumping on or pushing a wagon to get a lynch today to shut discussion early.

##Unovte
## Vote: O4rfish

This post reeks of scum.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #404 on: March 07, 2020, 02:07:29 PM »
##Unvote

Would help if I spelt Unvote right.

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #405 on: March 07, 2020, 02:11:44 PM »
Also I might still change my vote or find something else, still trying to make heads and tails of the Shadoweh wagon, and events around NNR right now.

But I really wanted to draw attention to that O4rfish post which I found really really bad on it's own.

AbuHumaid

« Reply #406 on: March 07, 2020, 02:28:38 PM »
##vote: abuhumaid
W-why!? :<

I think I know why though; I'll try to read for real this time.

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #407 on: March 07, 2020, 02:40:27 PM »
1: Not quite sure on the Serela/Zwe votes on me. There seems to be little~no reason other than 'Guy posted a bit when nothing had happened and thus didn't really say too much himself'. But of course; I'm biased against any vote on me, so I won't talk about those votes too much. I said I'd be around, I didn't promise posts. I'm not gonna post non-content when there's nothing new to post about.

2: The topic of townreads has come up a few times, and I'm of the opinion that giving out townreads; especially at this phase of the game, does little but paint a target on people's backs [if they are indeed town] for the scum to target. I don't think we should be giving out townreads D1.

3:
NNR that is either the funniest scumslip or the lamest NOCslip.

##Unvote

##Vote: NNR

I would have really liked a bit of specification on what the "scumslip" was here? I don't immediately see anything wrong with NNR's post. Kinda helps to convince people t follow a case when you... uh... explain your case.

That said; with only 1 vote on NNR at the time of O4rfish's vote it dosen't look like just jumping on a wagon like I was concerned O4rfish was implying was possible with the previous post I quoted from him. I still don't like him at this point however.

Also zwerdjib does the same thing right after.

4:
visible confusion

please restate why you are voting. provide a quote. i am very lost right now.

also, i dont like this wagon hop. hard scumlean

The irony in this statement is rather large.

O4rfish then gets off the NNR vote.

5: Not particularly impressed by Conqueror's posts or 'sheeping' Serela's non-case. Again, inherently biased against votes on me, but I thought I'd mention it. It dosen't look like scumhunting, it just looks like lazily jumping on a low-activity wagon.

6: It's kinda weird I really really do not like the post I quoted from O4rfish before but I also kinda like his following posts. I mean that post I previously called really bad is still really bad and probably the worst single post so far

7: Catching up the evening's posts didn't explain the 4 votes on Shadoweh. So I had to dig back further. Apparently the reason is Shadoweh is still on a 'joke vote' that she calls serious on Prims? I'm actually having somewhat of a difficult time pieceing together exactly why Shadoweh's vote is on Prims *and* why people on wagoning her. Half of it seems RVS; half of it seems really disconnected reasoning in general.

I'm gonna keep my vote where it is at the moment because as I said before; while O4rfish's later posts are better I think the one I previously quoted is the worst single post so far. However I need to think more; and maybe some of the points I've raised here will be talked about a bit more.

--

Ninja'ed:

W-why!? :<

I think I know why though; I'll try to read for real this time.

I too would kinda like to know why, but this reaction to 1 vote on yourself is also not a great thing.

AbuHumaid

« Reply #408 on: March 07, 2020, 03:20:34 PM »
i got the name wrong because i hadn't gotten up to rereading 274 posts yet actually.

im not sure how much reading i can take in such a short time, I'm getting mental fatigue just trying to read all this strawberries.

voting is something i should be doing though and there is conveniently a votecount after my post so

##Vote: Nuxl I don't like them. Meta reads are bad. Not being open about reads is scummy. Dodging questions is scummy. I've seen a lot of all of that from them so far.
I don't like this vote. The reasoning behind it is sheepy + [insert false accusations here]

##Unvote: Nuxl

AbuHumaid

« Reply #409 on: March 07, 2020, 03:23:43 PM »
Also, I just saw that zwerd didn't like that vote either. Town lean on zwerd for having the same opinion as me on this.

But seriously zwerd, relax with the posts; a lot of them are fluff/unnecessary.

« Reply #410 on: March 07, 2020, 03:45:50 PM »
Just popping in to apologize for inactivity, I'm pretty busy right now. And I honestly didn't expect that volume of posts (noob mistake I guess). And still can't really read much from them. I'll try to catch up later today.

Oh, and I have no idea who Flee Fleet is.

« Reply #411 on: March 07, 2020, 06:13:36 PM »
I mean there wasn't a lot to comment on. It was mostly just two people rambleing and talking largely about ~Meta~ which I addressed.

This is bad. Like really; really bad.

What scum want is irrelevant/fluffy discussion; yes.

But town is absolutely no way benefits from cutting discussion early. That is 100% a pro-scum move. More talking means to to go from. Even if there's fluff; low-effort and potentially posts which lead people up the wrong tree; there will still be things useful to town.

Cutting discussion early only ever benefits scum. Because there's less to make a case from. So you're advocating a move which doesn't help town and helps scum.

Even worse; you say 'we should lynch someone today' and then... don't vote for anyone or make a case. Suggesting you're happy with us lynching ~anyone~ today. Or perhaps you're happy just jumping on or pushing a wagon to get a lynch today to shut discussion early.

##Unovte

This post reeks of scum.

Do you think that someone who suggests lynching D1 as if it is not a given but an actual idea is the type of person to strategically try cut discussion as scum?

« Reply #412 on: March 07, 2020, 06:20:56 PM »
Warning for future readers Abu is probably scum but is also probably gonna pocket me

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #413 on: March 07, 2020, 07:09:35 PM »
Warning for future readers Abu is probably scum but is also probably gonna pocket me

why do you say this

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #414 on: March 07, 2020, 07:17:45 PM »
I would have really liked a bit of specification on what the "scumslip" was here? I don't immediately see anything wrong with NNR's post. Kinda helps to convince people t follow a case when you... uh... explain your case.

That said; with only 1 vote on NNR at the time of O4rfish's vote it dosen't look like just jumping on a wagon like I was concerned O4rfish was implying was possible with the previous post I quoted from him. I still don't like him at this point however.

Also zwerdjib does the same thing right after.

4:
visible confusion

please restate why you are voting. provide a quote. i am very lost right now.

also, i dont like this wagon hop. hard scumlean
The irony in this statement is rather large.

i feel like you just read 5 posts per page and called it a day

how much of the exchange did you read

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #415 on: March 07, 2020, 07:20:51 PM »
Do you think that someone who suggests lynching D1 as if it is not a given but an actual idea is the type of person to strategically try cut discussion as scum?

My impression is that O4rfish meant 'today' as in 'Day of the week'. Not 'this phase'.

« Reply #416 on: March 07, 2020, 07:26:44 PM »
Oh

I would like clarification on that oarfish please

« Reply #417 on: March 07, 2020, 07:41:47 PM »
Duskfall has mostly been making statements without putting reasons behind them. I feel like this is super unhelpful, but is that correct? Is it better or worse considering we're in d1?

SB - I guess someone could have a townread this early, and be confident enough to suspect people who vote for them, but I don't buy Nuxl making a faction read based on Zwerdjib's posting style reminding Nuxl of Caffeine's posting style, especially when one of two facts mentioned about Caffeine is that they are scummy as town and towny as scum. 

Raikaria - we are in d1, so today is d1. I realize now that I should have phrased that differently.

« Reply #418 on: March 07, 2020, 08:00:17 PM »
Were you suggesting we hammer someone in real life day or vote someone at the end of this phase and not no lynch?

« Reply #419 on: March 07, 2020, 08:01:23 PM »
I think I was right though