Author Topic: Neo Forum Mafia - Game Over  (Read 1029451 times)

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
Re: Neo Forum Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #360 on: March 07, 2020, 08:57:00 AM »
Honestly I've yet to not at least somewhat disagree with a post about gameplay theory in this thread but I don't really want to get involved in these discussions until postgame since I find them distracting.

Serela... the closest you have to a suspicion on a player who has posted content is your paragraph of O4rfish where you immediately defend him from the line of reasoning you figured out. How am I supposed to tell if this is town you sincerely struggling to get a reads or scum you struggling to find reasons to vote any of the clearly townie townies?

FWIW I did think O4rfish's "what scum want is to run out the clock" speech was awkward and I'm not sure what brought Shadoweh over zwerdjib and Nuxl in his priorities recently.

Niektory hasn't really done anything and is getting away with it. Don't understand why they voted NNR for not voting yet here; lots of people hadn't made serious votes at that time, @Niektory what made you decide to vote NNR? I don't want to D1 powerwagon the new guy on their first game but yeah, this slot will need a lot more pressure on D2.

Not particularly interested in a Shadoweh wagon but won't defend her as long as she's voting me. you reap what you sow
We don't have any real wagons other than her though. I'm OK consolidating on Nuxl. If this really is just his playstyle then it seems to... not... get... results.....???? Which doesn't seem right because I thought he was a generally respected player. Still think even with his views on how to play the game he should seem more pro-active if a town, instead of his focus going mostly into gameplay theory and the social aspects of the game. I think he should be held to a higher standard.

@Nuxl: since you claim to not have scumreads, what lynches would you be most interested in seeing today? That may be a better way of phrasing it.
@NNR:When did Nuxl do this...? Tbh I thought your push there was not great but in the sense that it seems like you made it because you weren't really paying attention while reading, which is basically what you said. plz read more :(

Dan, Duskfall and Raikaria are all still effective noshows content-wise. tbh I don't mind consolidating on Raikaria either. It's good to kill the low content guys (especially bad post:content ratio guys).
Lots of people look slightly bad to me but nobody looks extremely bad. Such is D1 I suppose. Will ##Unvote, ##Vote: Raikaria because I want there to be a wagon supporting me while I sleep. Bad post:content ratio is my issue with almost all the people who look slightly bad but at least you can say Serela and Nuxl have made time to try while they were around?

I remember Refa asked me something about zwerdjib, will have to get back to him on that.

thanks for the reminder of the thing in bold, sir

while you're here, is there anyone else you'd vote other than nnr?

upon reevaluation, yes

« Reply #361 on: March 07, 2020, 08:59:36 AM »
wait nnr SORRY I'm silly I thought you were saying nuxl was threatening to omgus people when you were talking about him threatening people who vote zwerdjib. don't know how I misread that

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #362 on: March 07, 2020, 09:18:19 AM »
zeep ive been reading your response to nnr and i still cant parse your response, although it could be because im tired. could you summarize it in a readable format because im not getting what you're saying atm.

right. i almost forgot to do this. very close to queueing for a league match.

let me break down his post

##Vote: Nuxl I don't like them. Meta reads are bad. Not being open about reads is scummy. Dodging questions is scummy. I've seen a lot of all of that from them so far.

this is the op i am criticizing. the reasons pinged me and i did not like how they felt.

first

> meta reads are bad

okay. we discussed this earlier and, conclusively, im pretty sure we agreed meta reads are bad when relied on. nnr even admitted this is a weak point

> not being open about reads is scummy

firstly, this is literally something you could vote me for. or most multiposters in thread, for that manner, excluding maybe dormio shadoweh prims.
secondly, this isnt necessarily something i even see from nuxl. its obvious he does have reads, and its not like hes hiding them maliciously. in fact he even said

for future reference i'm usually conservative on posting my reads publicly. the mentality of how you are perceived versus what you might say could impact thread flow and scum reaction is a dilemma i face every day

which is a totally justified reason to not share reads as an open book. granted, its not like hes even dropping a few reads every once in a while, but i dont think this is a valid reason to lynch him fmpov

> dodging questions is scummy

what questions? you go on to say these are o4rs questions, but as far as i can tell he hasnt asked any? the most i got was the "what is your threat" thing, which was responded to anyway

----------

overall:

i dislike the op because its hyperbolic

doesnt even provide a quote or two to leverage this

and i dont even think the follow up justifies what was said here

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #363 on: March 07, 2020, 09:19:17 AM »
before you ask, mordekaiser/sylas/nasus and pyke/zilean/lux

ActionDan

• ActionDan #8906
« Reply #364 on: March 07, 2020, 10:02:03 AM »
dancehello

reading up

« Reply #365 on: March 07, 2020, 10:13:39 AM »
Am I still alive

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #366 on: March 07, 2020, 10:18:49 AM »
dancehello

reading up
dancehello

reading up

AGAIN with the weirdly synced posts

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #367 on: March 07, 2020, 10:20:05 AM »
i meant to quote tommy and dan, NOT dan and dan

oops

« Reply #368 on: March 07, 2020, 10:26:10 AM »
AGAIN with the weirdly synced posts

Oh dear

« Reply #369 on: March 07, 2020, 10:28:20 AM »
this is true. however a certain goat invited me to this game

god help me if he flakes on me like he did when he invited me to play 451

That's me I'm the goat

« Reply #370 on: March 07, 2020, 10:31:15 AM »
he rolled scum without me and thus did not post for all of d1 ;)

im fairly certain that case was the exception to the rule, and he should be able to answer that better himself. the game is specifically the most recent ranked game on 451

It wasn't a not bother posting flake it was a me and my scum partner decided it would be funny not to post flake and it eventually led to a whole lot of drama and change in site policy around flaking as well as ds leaving 451

« Reply #371 on: March 07, 2020, 10:33:29 AM »
I'm not reading a single one of dormios posts

« Reply #372 on: March 07, 2020, 10:40:15 AM »
Had a bad gut reaction to this. Fishing is too strong of a word, but it doesn't seem like the thought process is coming from town. "perhaps your death will benefit the town in some way" is like...well firstly you shouldn't know I'm town, but also it's a weird justification.

Also uh Zwerd, I don't get why you decided to unvote Shadoweh in reaction to Dormio's post.

##Vote: Zwerdjib

Didn't read anything off of Shadoweh's vote. I don't see the scum benefit (...isn't there another word? It's like motive but...different) in OMGUSing in RVS. Zwerd's justification for not being bothered by it was fine honestly, although the NNR vote confuses me.

I kind agree with refa here but also zwerd is following ps logic so I'm not sure how true it is

Refas thoughts seem legit though

« Reply #373 on: March 07, 2020, 10:41:58 AM »
Damn zeep loved getting stepped on by refa

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #374 on: March 07, 2020, 10:42:12 AM »
tommy if you read all 12 pages of this thread in one sitting ill sheep your vote

ActionDan

• ActionDan #8906
« Reply #375 on: March 07, 2020, 10:42:38 AM »
Just isoed Shadoweh which required an iso of Prims (and a bit of Conq). Coming from 451 to here the timeline of posts are potentially going to be a bit muddled to me without just yet reading the thread proper. For now in the interest of time I'm reading through post histories.

Firstly Prims looks like town.

Secondly, considering his content thus far Shadoweh still voting him for an off-color one liner is skeevy. (And I personally think that one liner has its merits because I do think at least Conq did have a scum meta as shadoweh described. Though the shadoweh response in kind seemed fine so shurg)

I am seriously voting someone and although I feel bad for voting him I think he legit might be mafia posturing so :Thonk:
Maybe I should vote Nuxl because it would make it easier for everyone else but 'fun' is probably a bad metric to vote by
reading this thread makes me incredibly sleepy tbh

In any case the fact that this Nuxl bit is attached here when Prims's main target before that serela vote was nuxl makes me have cognitive dissonance here, regardless if that was a joke or not. The lack of giving Prims's content the due diligence it deserves is what's causing that.

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #376 on: March 07, 2020, 10:43:45 AM »
Damn zeep loved getting stepped on by refa

offer is now null and void

« Reply #377 on: March 07, 2020, 10:47:31 AM »
tommy if you read all 12 pages of this thread in one sitting ill sheep your vote

I'm European I do twice that on a regular basis

« Reply #378 on: March 07, 2020, 10:53:35 AM »
Conq is probably town

« Reply #379 on: March 07, 2020, 11:06:48 AM »
asking this because on my homesite a few players have >90% confidence reads on each other on which you're better off just sheeping given your read on that person

Maybe a wee bit of an exaggeration

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #380 on: March 07, 2020, 11:07:19 AM »
I'm European I do twice that on a regular basis

the real chad

now hurry the fire truck up

also give me thoughts on the neko thing

and some additional ones on oar if you dont mind

ActionDan

• ActionDan #8906
« Reply #381 on: March 07, 2020, 11:09:47 AM »
Lmao Serela is a disaster per usual.

I don't really like Raikaria, but I also am not sure I should actually vote them, because they say they'll be a lot more available later and I can get being really busy during the first couple days of the game (e.g. me) but at the same time, it's not like they haven't posted; it's just that the posts they DID make are... completely irrelevant? They spent a post giving a summary of motk meta, but also, didn't actually comment on the ongoing game other than "huh, nuxl and zwerd talk a lot".

well they're busy and I don't have any real comment to make on the game pre-page-7 either so i guess that's fair enough, what else is here HMM

*Chef's kiss*

Guess I'll go read Raikaria, but yes my impression from Serela's posting so far is that he doesn't have a scumread he feels good about and almost every other read is a complete fence sit (aside from er Xinnidy, maybe?). Is that scummy? Currently, kinda, since I remember Serela being more capable of more solid reads at all stages of the game.

« Reply #382 on: March 07, 2020, 11:10:49 AM »
Zwerd is either scum who likes playing scum way more than town or is town and is trying to impress his eimm friends with his mafia skills , I think it's the second

« Reply #383 on: March 07, 2020, 11:21:34 AM »
hi Dan. kind of surprised your first post in the thread is townreading me since I don't think I've been towntelling very hard this game.
I basically had the same thought wrt Serela especially since I remember Serela becoming a lot more competent near the end of MotK mafia's lifespan.
The thing is that I think it's actually a totally reasonable point to go after Raikaria for stalling while having indicated reading the thread, even if it feels easy and it's his only point.

Zwerd is either scum who likes playing scum way more than town or is town and is trying to impress his eimm friends with his mafia skills , I think it's the second
this is my read on him exactly except I don't actually know him. Idk he reads like every eager fairly-competent-for-a-new-guy newb I've ever played with. maybe I am underestimating him!!

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #384 on: March 07, 2020, 11:23:02 AM »
i hate playing as scum
also i present scenario 3: sleep deprived townie, anxious of the future, hard multitabling on mobile 88% of the time
...this is me.

ActionDan

• ActionDan #8906
« Reply #385 on: March 07, 2020, 11:46:24 AM »
hi Dan. kind of surprised your first post in the thread is townreading me since I don't think I've been towntelling very hard this game.
I basically had the same thought wrt Serela especially since I remember Serela becoming a lot more competent near the end of MotK mafia's lifespan.
The thing is that I think it's actually a totally reasonable point to go after Raikaria for stalling while having indicated reading the thread, even if it feels easy and it's his only point.
this is my read on him exactly except I don't actually know him. Idk he reads like every eager fairly-competent-for-a-new-guy newb I've ever played with. maybe I am underestimating him!!

It's not a lock town read, or a read wherein I'll just let you steamroll the game if you're actually scum :V (friendly reminder to everyone else this can happen). But there are certain parts of your posts that struck me as town, the most clear one was the evolution of your Nuxl read over time.

After reading Raikaria yes I agree that a vote on Raikaria is completely fine at that point. Which I suspected anyway while reading Serela, its just Serela's roundabout way of actually getting to it undercuts the sentiment of deciding and ultimately voting for Raikaria. I'm not really bothered by that but I've simply filed it under the same pattern as Serela has treated most every other read. I'm hoping I'll get a better sense of serela's alignment after some more serela posts

ActionDan

• ActionDan #8906
« Reply #386 on: March 07, 2020, 12:19:07 PM »
Both Oarfish and Sb are likely town.

« Reply #387 on: March 07, 2020, 12:36:13 PM »
Arthur's push on Nuxl is valid. 
I think I may be able to explain the gut reaction though.

From Conq's perspective, Shadoweh was trying to apply a meta read to RVS, which doesn't make sense and would be bad hunting (aka possibly scummy).  Shadoweh's response isn't good, but if you look at her followup posts this whole thing can be viewed as a triple word score "Just joking ... unless? Also flirty" poke at Conq.  Which tbf is still scummy but who can resist a triple?

Dormio's OMGUS attack on Shadoweh is pretty meh, given how players have been surprised with the amount of posts in this thread.  It seemed like an excuse for voteparking, which is going to make this next point kind of awkward ...

Dormio's attack on Zwerdjib is extremely valid.  Nuxl and Zwerdjib have been spamming the thread and from my first couple reads it seems like they've done more trashposting than hunting.

Tentative reads: Arthur town, Conq town, Dormio town, Nuxl scum, Shadoweh scum, Zwerdjib scum

I'll do another read trying to get more information on Nuxl and Zwerdjib but GUYS PLEASE take a few minutes to read your post before posting it.

Bad post

« Reply #388 on: March 07, 2020, 12:36:45 PM »
Both Oarfish and Sb are likely town.
explain both but sb especially as sb seems very null to me

« Reply #389 on: March 07, 2020, 12:39:27 PM »
Wait does this forum actually autocorrect to fire truck hahaha that's so funny I thought everyone was just really good at censoring but now I realise everyone is just titled af