Author Topic: Neo Forum Mafia - Game Over  (Read 1053282 times)

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
Re: Neo Forum Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #1110 on: March 10, 2020, 04:06:00 PM »
Zwerd flipping onto my when he townread me yesterday is kinda bad I dunno why he done that out the gate today, it is bad play but again is it scummy or is it just "oh my god let's blame dusk for the mislynch"

Side note: that mislynch wasn't my fault and p much 2/3 of the game thought abu was a decent lynch so blaming one person is dumb

i dont think ive trd you lmao

please point out where ive said that i have

« Reply #1111 on: March 10, 2020, 04:15:38 PM »
i dont think ive trd you lmao

please point out where ive said that i have

You said you were gonna sheep me at one point so I assume that meant you townread my but maybe not I guess

« Reply #1112 on: March 10, 2020, 04:17:31 PM »
@zwerdjb btw you mentioned that townreading someone who is tunneling you is scummy, I am gonna be honest I don't even know in which context you are referring to this situation happening, but I am curious as to why you think that is scummy

« Reply #1113 on: March 10, 2020, 05:03:13 PM »
it looks like a genuine thought process yes, and that's what makes me think he's scum and not town. it looks like his scum read on refa just dissolves because he can't keep up the pretense.

Do you think that scum!Serela drops the case though when he doesn't have a good fallback option just like that? It looks like Serela is actually looking for scum and just comes up short when they examine their suspicions more closely to me because I don't think scum!Serela benefits from this unless they're on a scumteam with Oarfish and Shadoweh or something and the entire team is imploding.

I guess that you say Serela struggles to fake scumreads on townies when he's mafia that's fair but I feel like when he's under pressure like this he'd be able to produce something to try and aleviate the suspicions on himself with. I think he's writing himself into too much of a corner to be scum. We'll see though, I am kind of waffling on this a little after realising how much Serela is going off on tangents before remembering that this is Serela and that just kind of happens.

Well I guess I can understand Shadoweh being low presence regardless of alignment because she doesn't really play mafia anymore, but the biggest thing that pinged me was that she never tried to engage with me D1 despite all my efforts. And then it just took me fakeclaiming a result on her for her to pop in and finally respond and fairly quickly at that! Seems like she was actually reading along the thread or possibly someone alerted her to it. (The other option is that town!Shadoweh was also reading along earlier and made a conscious decision not to engage, which would annoy me on a different level if true).

Also, I didn't even read Shadoweh as annoyed before her reaction to my gambit, she felt lazy and unmotivated with a hint of doomerism. I do think her annoyance at my gambit was real but if she figured it out it was a gambit from the start then I don't see how it's alignment indicative.

I'll do a reread of oarfish after work before I can actually see if I follow that case I think. I don't know how to read oarfish. My experience with him is that he sorta marched to his own beat as town and I guess it would be true as scum too so I don't know how I'd sort him. Interested in seeing his response to you.

The lack of engagement thing is fair (I remember feeling similarly early) but I'm not just talking about when you reaction tested her, I also remember her being disgruntled when everyone else had different reads to her (she was townreading Rai prior to the wagon building iirc) and I don't feel like being contrarian fits this. From what I remember of Urist Fortress, scum Shadoweh would just follow along with the crowd and try not to stick out when she was under pressure after being tracked to your vest? Which is kind of a similar situation to here. I also feel like scum!Shadoweh would feel worse about not posting and like, do it more even if it wasn't good compared to a town!Shadoweh that isn't OCing people? But this is less solid.

Zeep feels a lot more reactive today than yesterday. It might just be because their posting slowed down a lot but I feel like the suspicions aren't really showing in their posts?

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #1114 on: March 10, 2020, 05:58:44 PM »
actually, my posting has slowed down because i am a student and it is a weekday

go figure

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #1115 on: March 10, 2020, 06:00:24 PM »
You said you were gonna sheep me at one point so I assume that meant you townread my but maybe not I guess

that was a jokepost, but it could have been more obvious so my bad.

also im going to reread you along with refa after i get out of class, look forward to that

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #1116 on: March 10, 2020, 06:01:58 PM »
@zwerdjb btw you mentioned that townreading someone who is tunneling you is scummy, I am gonna be honest I don't even know in which context you are referring to this situation happening, but I am curious as to why you think that is scummy

im not saying the act itself is scummy

i am saying you defended raikaria with, from what i remember, no reason to

Nuxl

• smogon.com/forums/members/nuxl.149971/
  • smogon.com/forums/forums/circus-maximus.78/
« Reply #1117 on: March 10, 2020, 06:05:44 PM »
Yeah, I mean I don't find you scummy for it, but it makes it hard to read you with confidence; I can get why other people have a hard time reading you basically.

Damn, the tryharding is real. TBH, I remember reading you and Tommy super differently in OCNOC2. You were just obvious town to everyone IIRC and he was like...I don't think a consensus town read IIRC but someone I never really doubted being scum kind of thing? I don't remember the game too well though beyond that.

nope that's a different game unfortunately

Nuxl

« Reply #1118 on: March 10, 2020, 06:17:11 PM »
Speeding to type a post in 10 minutes because I gtg drive to class

Dormio statement 56 is not a thought normal people would reach so is that sort of weird logic natural for the player?

I was the one who asked the daytalk question lmfao @dusk and also asked about where scumchat is.

@duskfall re tunneling me: do you even read the games you host? just curious

@refa basically wrt ocnoc2 there's something in particular about tommy but i would rather you do your own research there

@conq/@serela have read your posts and will response later

Refa

• There's a crying tree dropping apples on me...
  • ...and now I'm fighting God
    • You Won't Believe
« Reply #1119 on: March 10, 2020, 06:17:29 PM »
This is the biggest Serela energy post I've seen in a while LMAO. I did have the same thought as you yesterday feeling like Refa was following me a lot ftr but we tend to have similar opinions in a lot of NOC games (like the most recent one we played together THANKS FOR NOTHING LEET) so I don't feel like its meaningful? And also scum!Refa is easily depressed and I haven't really seen that from them yet, so I'm not particularly worried.

I think if I was scum, I'd be happier TBH.

1.If you mean, "didn't care who got lynched between Abu and Shadoweh", this is correct! However, please keep in mind, that it's because both of them are (were?) my top scumreads. A Rai lynch would have been terrible and when I realized that it was seriously heading in that direction I was like "wait what, dude, no"
2.I mean, I came into the day with more scumreads than you  8)

second question set!
1)The lurkers simply don't have enough content to judge, nor is it late enough in the game that their nonpresence itself is directly scummy. (Unfortunately for Dan's case, hard lurking is neutral regardless, but that's a different problem). Dormio's self-inflicted restriction makes it difficult for me to analyze him and this is true for most of the times that Dormio plays, simply because it's more difficult to read his posts. It's not like I HAVEN'T read them, but... it's like having an encryption layer over it and merely reading the post is suddenly only enough to get an idea of what he's trying to say, but it's harder to extract the 'feel' of it ._. Like, it's a gut-read-removal-filter. This is from the person who vigged conq D2 once based purely on a single post he made that I couldn't logically explain why it wasn't town and no one really took issue with, but I just saw it and went "...no. This feels wrong. Conq's scum". (and he did flip scum after I tortured him inthread with unreasonable questions for a little bit so I could watch him squirm :D)

I often get the scummy feeling first, and THEN try to analyze them and justify it for the rest of the players, instead of actually starting with analysis to find something that's wrong. (this is part of why my scum games tend to fall apart quickly, apart from me often just being really bad in general before mid-D2 as either alignment)

oh and nuxl just kind of spamposted over the entire day hard enough that my eyes were glazing over. TBH I can't even recall anything he did in the last 30+ hours of d1. Was he barely posting or was I glazing over them that hard? I'll have to reread that.

04rfish is hard to for me to judge because it's hard to judge people whose logic I struggle to understand. They're voting SB now right? I actually don't even have a listed opinion for SB (even a listed non-opinion), I need to reread that too

uh who's left. duskfall only showed up near the end of the day and I wasn't gonna lynch someone like a day after they showed up because how're you gonna have any reliable read that fast, so I still need to go back over that, and then dipping into my scumread part of the list well, Refa's actually on the townread part now

I haven't actually caught up with literally anything past the post from Refa I just quoted, so I'mma read up the two new pages now.

1. I meant in general, really. Like you had defined reads on Abu and Shadoweh but I don't remember feeling like you pushed them hard?
2. :my_b:
3. Oh, I don't blame anyone for nullreading the lurkers. At this point, I wouldn't classify NNR as a lurker but that's a different point. Fair enough on your Dormio read though. I feel like you can just read the bottom portion of Dormio posts and it's pretty easy though if you're lazy, so uh I recommend doing that. For Nuxl, maybe just give your opinion of him today since he's posted a lot less. Overall, the vibe I'm getting is that the thought process behind your reads isn't bad, but it's not like...something that makes me feel better about you? It's weird because I like your tone but not your actions is how I'd put it. Wait no, that's wrong, I like your Shadoweh vote.

Do you think that scum!Serela drops the case though when he doesn't have a good fallback option just like that? It looks like Serela is actually looking for scum and just comes up short when they examine their suspicions more closely to me because I don't think scum!Serela benefits from this unless they're on a scumteam with Oarfish and Shadoweh or something and the entire team is imploding.

I guess that you say Serela struggles to fake scumreads on townies when he's mafia that's fair but I feel like when he's under pressure like this he'd be able to produce something to try and aleviate the suspicions on himself with. I think he's writing himself into too much of a corner to be scum. We'll see though, I am kind of waffling on this a little after realising how much Serela is going off on tangents before remembering that this is Serela and that just kind of happens.

Zeep feels a lot more reactive today than yesterday. It might just be because their posting slowed down a lot but I feel like the suspicions aren't really showing in their posts?

I think there's a difference from dropping a case and not having a case.

What do you mean by writing himself into a corner?

I have no idea what Zeep's suspicions are TBH, which is probably worrying on some level.

nope that's a different game unfortunately

wait what's ocnoc 2 then

Nuxl

« Reply #1120 on: March 10, 2020, 06:19:02 PM »
I think if I was scum, I'd be happier TBH.

1. I meant in general, really. Like you had defined reads on Abu and Shadoweh but I don't remember feeling like you pushed them hard?
2. :my_b:
3. Oh, I don't blame anyone for nullreading the lurkers. At this point, I wouldn't classify NNR as a lurker but that's a different point. Fair enough on your Dormio read though. I feel like you can just read the bottom portion of Dormio posts and it's pretty easy though if you're lazy, so uh I recommend doing that. For Nuxl, maybe just give your opinion of him today since he's posted a lot less. Overall, the vibe I'm getting is that the thought process behind your reads isn't bad, but it's not like...something that makes me feel better about you? It's weird because I like your tone but not your actions is how I'd put it. Wait no, that's wrong, I like your Shadoweh vote.

I think there's a difference from dropping a case and not having a case.

What do you mean by writing himself into a corner?

I have no idea what Zeep's suspicions are TBH, which is probably worrying on some level.

wait what's ocnoc 2 then

I was not townread in ocnoc2 so you're thinking of something else?

Refa

• There's a crying tree dropping apples on me...
  • ...and now I'm fighting God
    • You Won't Believe
« Reply #1121 on: March 10, 2020, 06:19:44 PM »
How many scum (assuming no ITP shenanigans) can reasonably be expected in a 17p game again?

@Nuxl Wait, is that Leet's Smogon game? I was thinking of the SF game we played TBH.

Nuxl

« Reply #1122 on: March 10, 2020, 06:20:19 PM »
How many scum (assuming no ITP shenanigans) can reasonably be expected in a 17p game again?

@Nuxl Wait, is that Leet's Smogon game? I was thinking of the SF game we played TBH.

Usually 13-4

And yes

« Reply #1123 on: March 10, 2020, 06:28:43 PM »
@Refa I mean that at the rate Serela is writing off people he wouldn’t have good mislynches to push as scum. If his lynch pool dries up he’d probably have to make a really jank pivot but it’s hard to do even that because he has recently reread people so it’d be like “why did you not pick up on this the second time around?”

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #1124 on: March 10, 2020, 07:07:09 PM »
I'm back; reading stuff, catching up, ect.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #1125 on: March 10, 2020, 07:07:22 PM »
Quote from: Refa
I feel like this is something people said about me multiple times in past games too but like... all my posts towards end of day were mainly about how scummy Abu and Shadoweh were and that we should lynch them, so, I don't understand??? :C

Abu was looking like the de-facto lynch of the day for most of the end of the phase and lots of people voiced interest in lynching Shadoweh so I didn't need to like, actively yell at people about why they weren't voting them, if you mean something like that?

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #1126 on: March 10, 2020, 07:36:36 PM »
I am actually angry that something that obviously self-preservationalist doesn't ring other people's alarms like it does mine, instead we chose between the town vig and someone who offered to kill themselves because they realized how bad this was.

*Waves hand*

Hey it's me; Raikaria. I was saying this for like; the entire latter half of D1 as I was pushing for a Dusk lynch.

So in conclusion, lynch Duskfall and maybe Serela for good fortune.

This feels familiar; although I do need to get back to Serela.

Also smh are you just ignoring I have a result on you?

Also yeah I'm not ignoreing this point here. Conq's counterclaiming Shadoweh. Only one of them is telling the truth.

---
I'm finding Serela's attitude towards lynching me during D1 now a little odd; because Serela was one of the first people to vote me D1.

---

I'd say to look at my wagon for scum, but when you have a Vig claim and a VT claim head-to-head I'd say the scum was more likely on Abu's wagon than mine.

---
I don't have a result, the rest of you lazy bastards can go back to your regularly scheduled thread.

Aw.

---

It actually would have been absolutely hilarious if Raikaria had hammered himself successfully, Abu shot duskfall, the mafia shot duskfall too to damage his credibility, and then town lynched Abu over it later.

I'm too incompetent to even convince town to lynch myself apparently.

---

I don't like how fixated Nuxl seems to be on meta the entire game. It's like he's looking for meta things to nod about rather than actually scumhunting. Also @Nuxl; as I said before, at the start of Day 1, there is no meta atm.

---

I think Serela's Day 2 reads better than his Day 1 did. His Day 1 was kind of... vapid and wishy-washy and just didn't seem like how I recall Serela usually posting. Also his cases seemed really weak.

---

Am I the only one not liking Zwerdijb right now? He content since about Mid Day 1 has been rather lacking. I don't see much attempt to scumhunt, except his random instance on my 'slip' that literally no-one else agreed with.

I'm not seeing a lot of discussion regarding Zwerd. So I thought I'd throw this out there. It's not enough for me to hard scumread him or anything, but I also don't have a townread on him.

---

Honestly; I read Late Day 1 and Day 2 and my brain is a mess. I'm finding it quite difficult to make anything concrete on anyone at this point. Ugh.

It's not much help to anyone but I'm just gonna leave my thoughts here and maybe see if I can make heads or tails on anything tomorrow with more of Day2. I hate not having as much time as I used to.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

« Reply #1127 on: March 10, 2020, 07:49:31 PM »
Oh nice nuxl is conf town he can carry me

Fabloo

• The rain falls down on last year's man.
« Reply #1128 on: March 10, 2020, 08:25:26 PM »

Quote from: sb
@Fabloo It may have looked like one hiccup, but reframing everything NNR did with the understanding that their Serela vote was a joke makes the majority of their actions make sense. The exception to this is the Abu shift which I would like an answer for still (@NNR) but like, read my NNR case again and think about it. Why would I keep pushing it aside from the Abu point?

Independently speaking, what do you think of NNR right now? He has the same heated response for everything. Dormio mentioned that reading him is useless and not a viable lynch option, but where I had my concerns with NNR is that he's just hot air. His words seem very blunt and is willing to brandish them like a knife at anyone who opposes him, but doesn't actually stab anyone. Him calling your case bullstrawberries, getting all upset. Just seems par for the course. Everything and anything will piss him off. How do you read that?

Quote from: Conqueror
which part of dormio's posts resonate with you and made you rechange your mind on him? And what did you mean by dormio's lack of presence, just him not posting in the thread at the same time yesterday?

I may be biased but he thinks about things the same way I do. I'm always thinking about the next step and trying to plan ahead, then I get a little pissy when something puts me out of whack. I resonated with it like I would resonate with someone sharing the same read. I too am a bit concerned about Nuxl but not in the same way. Things seem to be changing a bit for me. A lot of what Nuxl is doing feels plsdyiv. He says a lot and covers a ton of points but I don't know what is the most interesting to him. I think scum enjoy being flexible because committment can lead to townies figuring out false intentions by pushing bad wagons. He's sat here and mostly monologued. This is slightly off-base. I also liked his paragraph about ORfish in hindsight.

Fabloo

« Reply #1129 on: March 10, 2020, 08:26:23 PM »
Plsdiv should've said Plastic. My phone doesn't work sometimes.

Fabloo

Re: Neo Forum Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #1130 on: March 10, 2020, 08:35:39 PM »
End of Day 1 Vote Count

AbuHumaid (YuugenMagan) (9): Serela, Duskfall98, Conqueror, Prims, Dormio Ergo Sum, Nuxl, Serela, O4rfish, Niektory, sb, Shadoweh, AbuHumaid
Raikaria (Sunny Milk) (4): Serela, zwerdjib, Conqueror, Prims, sb, Refa, Duskfall98, \

I'm still hesitant on Conqueror but I won't be arguing for him today. Prims was town. Dormio I believe is town. Serela? Ask me again later. I'm reading what people have to say about him but it's not registering to me. ORfish remains stubborn. It seems that most people still townread SB. I was a bit shocked to see others think Shadoweh was town even when Conq claimed the result.  Right now I think Abu's death was largely a town incident. Does anyone disagree?

Fabloo

« Reply #1131 on: March 10, 2020, 08:40:33 PM »
##Vote: Niektory

I know I said largely a town incident, but there is still some increment of scum possible. I could be voting for someone active but they're here to answer questions and be readable. Niektory is not. I'm willing to save face.

Fabloo

« Reply #1132 on: March 10, 2020, 08:52:17 PM »
Duskfall, your first post in relation to Nuxl:

He seems to know I'm town

If pmd hadn't been just realised I would be tunneling nuxl rn I think, but it has been released so that's an excuse why he isn't being scummy

I don't like playing around familiarity. It's fine to know someone but don't dangle it like a carrot in front of my face. I also dislike the sudden phrasing like something clicked and you didn't bother to tell anyone; I haven't been able to find a paper trail for your thoughts.

Fabloo

« Reply #1133 on: March 10, 2020, 08:54:41 PM »
Spoiler:

Quote from: Duskfall
He seems to know I'm town

Quote from: Duskfall98
If pmd hadn't been just realised I would be tunneling nuxl rn I think, but it has been released so that's an excuse why he isn't being scummy

Quote from: Duskfall

I don't like playing around familiarity. It's fine to know someone but don't dangle it like a carrot in front of my face. I also dislike the sudden phrasing like something clicked and you didn't bother to tell anyone; I haven't been able to find a paper trail for your thoughts.

Fixing Formatting.

Fabloo

« Reply #1134 on: March 10, 2020, 08:56:48 PM »
Just leaving this here in case Nuxl flips scum sometime this game: What duskfall just did was a really bad attempt at distancing.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #1135 on: March 10, 2020, 08:57:47 PM »
Nothing has jumped out at me skimming the new replies while at work. Not sure the Serela sus is founded on much, kinda feels like a repeat of raikaria?

Content from my scumreads haven't improved much, but I'll have to re-read sb when I have time
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

« Reply #1136 on: March 10, 2020, 09:00:40 PM »

That was before he was modspewed not mafia because the mod publicly outted him for asking if mafia have scum chat in private

Fabloo

« Reply #1137 on: March 10, 2020, 09:03:29 PM »
That was before he was modspewed not mafia because the mod publicly outted him for asking if mafia have scum chat in private

I completely missed this and even if it doesn't matter now, what were you hinting at before. From what I see, you know Zwerd as well. Is this a game where all 3 of you are town?

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #1138 on: March 10, 2020, 09:12:41 PM »
Independently speaking, what do you think of NNR right now? He has the same heated response for everything. Dormio mentioned that reading him is useless and not a viable lynch option, but where I had my concerns with NNR is that he's just hot air. His words seem very blunt and is willing to brandish them like a knife at anyone who opposes him, but doesn't actually stab anyone. Him calling your case bullstrawberries, getting all upset. Just seems par for the course. Everything and anything will piss him off. How do you read that?

I've not refuted anything people have to say about my attitude and style, but of all of them you really know how to take the dagger, jam it in, and really twist it hard
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

« Reply #1139 on: March 10, 2020, 09:15:37 PM »
I completely missed this and even if it doesn't matter now, what were you hinting at before. From what I see, you know Zwerd as well. Is this a game where all 3 of you are town?

I've never played forum mafia with zeep I played ps turbo which doesn't count at all, I've commented on nuxls meta earlier about him losing stamina as scum