Author Topic: Yakuza Franchise  (Read 5973 times)

Kirisame Cola

• The stardust flavored soda beverage that keeps Gensokyo coming back for more!
  • Tenshisad's the name, awful bits are my game
    • Twitter
    • Kirisame Cola
    • Steam
Yakuza Franchise
« on: September 06, 2022, 10:12:58 PM »
Just wanted to go on about this amazing series.

Ever since I started playing this series I've been in love with it, from Yakuza 1 and its goofy English dub with such powerful lines such as

> "10 years in the joint made you a pussy!"
or'
> "If you don't pay your debts, I'm whatcha get."

To Yakuza 7 and its lovable cast of characters, out of every Yakuza game though, Yakuza 5 has to be my favorite game in the entire franchise due to its amazing combat and its insane amount of side content which is spread out through each of the 5 playable characters and their stories, although the ending is rather ridiculous and convoluted, it still got me hyped up with some of the best boss battles in the entire franchise, their difficulty and their amazing themes always get me pumped up to power through the final chapter.

If anyone else here has touched the series I'd love to hear all of your thoughts on it and your favorite games in the series.
Keep on writing!

OkuuFallout

• Master of Molecul- I mean atoms. Master of Atoms
    • Twitter
    • 東方偽現実 〜 Cruelty of Verisimilar Existence - An in-progress Yukari fanfiction
Re: Yakuza Franchise
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2022, 10:20:21 PM »
Personally, I've never looked into the Yakuza series. Maybe it's because of my mentality towards the Sega company, or something else. However, I know that they have made some gems since they lost the console wars, and I've heard that Yakuza is one of them. Maybe I'll look into it some time.

Also, I held back from making a "Baka Mitai" joke. You're welcome.

Kirisame Cola

• Twitter
    • Kirisame Cola
    • Steam
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2022, 12:27:36 AM »
I highly recommend giving the games a try, they really are gems that used to be hidden until like 2015 when Yakuza 0 dropped (an amazing place to start the franchise), I really recommend messing around with Yakuza Kiwami 2's mods too, as Yakuza Kiwami 2, and Yakuza 6 have sorta dumb fighting engines compared to the combat games like 5, 0 (And kiwami, since K1 runs off the same engine and the same 4 fighting style combat), or 4.

Yakuza 3 has pretty good combat too, but the game is super slow starting off, and in the remastered version (The only version on steam) Enemies like to block a lot and you won't be able to break blocks easily until you get your hands on some of the early game upgrades.
Keep on writing!

OkuuFallout

• Twitter
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2022, 12:58:31 AM »
Uhhh... I guess I forgot to mention. I don't own a PC, game console/device (since my brother broke the Switch and the PS4 just randomly stopped working), or even a smartphone for that matter. I guess what I'm saying is if I were to watch a longplay of one of the games, which one would be best to start, storywise?

Kirisame Cola

• Twitter
    • Kirisame Cola
    • Steam
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2022, 01:09:19 AM »
0 is the best place to start for a long play binge I suppose since it's the first game in cannon. Yakuza 1/Yakuza Kiwami is also a good place to start since they're both the first game in the franchise.
Keep on writing!

OkuuFallout

• Twitter
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2022, 01:25:12 AM »
Alright, thanks for the suggestion!