~Hakurei Shrine~ > Rika and Nitori's Garage Experiments

GMTE: GameMaker Touhou Engine

(1/5) > >>

deice:
hello! this is a thread about a game engine i'm currently developing and wished to advertise with members of the touhou community.
in short, it's a shmup engine that comes pre-built with mechanics implemented from mainline touhou games such as spell cards. it's made specifically for full game projects, and thus has (hopefully) intuitive systems that help the end-user easily construct bullet patterns and stages to their liking.

please keep in mind that some things from the engine may not carry over too well if you use GMS2 (idk if that one supports direct3d for example)

homepage, you can find a lot more info here: https://deice.neocities.org/content/gmte/home.html

this has been a pet project of mine for some time, but given i still have school and stuff, don't expect larger updates too often. if you do want real-time updates:
https://deice.neocities.org/rss.html

that's about it for this intro post, i appreciate any and all feedback

WishMakers:
Hey there!  Nice to see someone else using GameMaker like I have been for so long, haha.
I took a look at your project file on your website and it's surprisingly organized!
I will definitely tell you that there is much room for optimization (for one thing, having different objects for each color of delay cloud and bullet type is unnecessary) but I'm liking what you're going for so far!
Also props for using GM:S1 still.  I didn't want to give it up, but at some point I had to lol.  (I'm using GM:S2 now.)

If you ever have any questions on the technical side don't hesitate to ask myself or possibly even Popfan (we've been trying to push GM:S to its limits for some time now).  Best method of contact is Discord.  Can't guarantee I can answer *everything* but we've seen a lot and not many people around here use GM:S.

I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes!

deice:
hey, thanks for the super fast reply and positive feedback! glad to know someone took the time to look at what i did

--- Quote from: WishMakers on February 24, 2020, 06:19:06 PM ---I will definitely tell you that there is much room for optimization (for one thing, having different objects for each color of delay cloud and bullet type is unnecessary) but I'm liking what you're going for so far!

--- End quote ---

yea you're super right now that i think about it, there's no reason to not just pass the sprite to any function that creates them and have one universal object, can't believe i didn't notice that haha

Hyouiibara:
I extracted the file, but there's no application there, only gmx file that I don't know what to do

Branneg Xy:

--- Quote from: Hyouiibara on April 30, 2020, 04:23:33 AM ---I extracted the file, but there's no application there, only gmx file that I don't know what to do

--- End quote ---

It is still at an alpha stage Phase so,after checking the extracted files, you have to first open or import them with a version of  "Game Maker ",after having it installed,though there is also a good number  .png files to preview (e.g. sprite subfolder-> image subfolder).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version