Author Topic: Murasa Quest Continues - A Z-Machine Adventure  (Read 571437 times)

Re: Murasa Quest Continues - A Z-Machine Adventure
« Reply #510 on: August 19, 2020, 07:42:43 AM »
>"I'm alright, just a little surprised is all. Good to see you made it back out of there without being in the cactus."
>Approach the SDM, again.

« Reply #511 on: August 19, 2020, 07:45:59 AM »
>"I'm alright, just a little surprised is all. Good to see you made it back out of there without being in the cactus."
>Approach the SDM, again.

>Her reply is a complicated feeling you can't quite untangle. Leaving was probably a thing for her, too.
>Stargazer returns to her cactus as you approaches the gates again. Meiling is there, and she gives you a disinterested look. "Nice try," she says, "But she's already in there. Scram."

>_

« Reply #512 on: August 19, 2020, 07:51:17 AM »
>"Long story but it is really me. Oh whoops that reminds me."
>Press the jewel with our palm again.

« Reply #513 on: August 19, 2020, 07:53:33 AM »
>"Long story but it is really me. Oh whoops that reminds me."
>Press the jewel with our palm again.

>You pull out the jewel and press it.
>Meiling looks unimpressed. "Likely story. Go tell a reporter."

>_

« Reply #514 on: August 19, 2020, 07:58:47 AM »
>"Patchouli can vouch for me, she's helping me with a problem I've been having involving being pulled into and out of some other dimension. Which is how I got back out here."

« Reply #515 on: August 19, 2020, 05:32:54 PM »
>"Patchouli can vouch for me, she's helping me with a problem I've been having involving being pulled into and out of some other dimension. Which is how I got back out here."

>Meiling frowns. "...Maybe, or maybe it's just an obvious trick to get me to turn my back on you."

>_

« Reply #516 on: August 19, 2020, 08:18:22 PM »
>"You know now you've got me wondering, are shapeshifters something you have to deal with often?"

« Reply #517 on: August 19, 2020, 08:20:21 PM »
>"You know now you've got me wondering, are shapeshifters something you have to deal with often?"

>"There's foxes and tanuki out there," Meiling says. "And other things, too."

>_

« Reply #518 on: August 19, 2020, 10:04:31 PM »
>"Sounds rough. Your job is a lot more than just standing there isn't it?"

« Reply #519 on: August 19, 2020, 10:07:31 PM »
>"Sounds rough. Your job is a lot more than just standing there isn't it?"

>"Mhm," says Meiling, as she reaches back behind herself while keeping an eye on you. If you understand what she's doing correctly, there's a series of bells attached to strings there that she uses to alert and summon people from the main mansion.

>_

« Reply #520 on: August 20, 2020, 05:32:24 AM »
>Wait for a bit and see what happens.

« Reply #521 on: August 20, 2020, 05:34:18 AM »
>Wait for a bit and see what happens.

>Things are quiet for a couple minutes. Meiling, you think, knows that you know what she did. But she is clearly trying to hide it. Then the front doors open, and Tojiko drifts out. She quickly approaches the gates, waving as she sees you. "There you are!" she calls. "We were starting to get worried!"

>_

« Reply #522 on: August 20, 2020, 08:53:38 AM »
>Wave back.
>"Sorry, I didn't really think that was going to work. But I think I managed to use Patchouli's jewel properly, hopefully she can work out something helpful with it now."
>Give Meiling a querying look.

« Reply #523 on: August 20, 2020, 05:09:55 PM »
>Wave back.
>"Sorry, I didn't really think that was going to work. But I think I managed to use Patchouli's jewel properly, hopefully she can work out something helpful with it now."
>Give Meiling a querying look.

>"Neither did we," says Tojiko. "Then you just popped out of existence. It was quite the surprise!"
>You look to Meiling, who looks a little embarrassed now. She glances toward the approaching Taoist. "So, you'er saying this is really Murasa?"
>"Yes, obviously?" Tojiko replies. "Who else would she be?"
>Meiling says nothing, and opens the gate.

>_

« Reply #524 on: August 20, 2020, 05:48:40 PM »
>"Don't worry Meiling, I probably wouldn't have let me in either. Can't really expect people to be popping in and out of existence."
>Step through the gate and follow Tojiko back to the library.

« Reply #525 on: August 20, 2020, 06:03:05 PM »
>"Don't worry Meiling, I probably wouldn't have let me in either. Can't really expect people to be popping in and out of existence."

>The gatekeeper just gives a sort of timid nod, while your and your companion return to the library.
>Patchouli is still where you left her her. Her familiar is there as well, cleaning off the table with a rag and bucket, and clearly not enjoying the experience at all. Patchouli looks at you dispassionately as you approach. "Well. That worked."
>"Oh, Murasa isn't Murabsent anymore," the familiar says.

>_

« Reply #526 on: August 20, 2020, 07:00:55 PM »
>Give the familiar an incredulous look.
>"Yeah, who would have thought it was that easy. I used your jewel while I was there."
>Hand over the jewel.
>"I didn't turn it off quite straight away sorry, I got distracted by suddenly not being underwater and falling out of the sky. So there'll be data from walking partway back from the lake to the front gate in there."

« Reply #527 on: August 20, 2020, 07:46:08 PM »
>Give the familiar an incredulous look.
>"Yeah, who would have thought it was that easy. I used your jewel while I was there."
>Hand over the jewel.
>"I didn't turn it off quite straight away sorry, I got distracted by suddenly not being underwater and falling out of the sky. So there'll be data from walking partway back from the lake to the front gate in there."

>"I'm sure it will be fine," says Patchouli, as she takes the jewel.
>"Yeah, you've made all her concerns disappear," Koakuma says.

>_

Branneg Xy

• +EARTHLY MIRROR of + the TRINITESANCTISSIME+
  • HOLIEST AND SACRED FAMILY :JHS+M(ARY)+I(OSEPH)
    • Branneg Xy
    • Steam
    • (YOUTUBE by title;LINKEDIN by link) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiD63dZE4IvxDzRJ9NphWbw" FRA ALU BI Darcanix ")
« Reply #528 on: August 20, 2020, 07:55:10 PM »

> We know Nue and her old Tanuki friend Mamizou  are included by Their Nature in "The Potentially Trespassing Shapeshifter Youkai " but the 1st one Decided Not to be Involved (//Nue Quest A-Z//) ... but the 2nd might or have relations with that ? Have we heard or known more?

> We Explored in Passing, on  the "Scarlet Mansion of. Bottom Ocean Flooded Plane": Great Libray, Main Foyer, Gardens, Outer Grounds leading to the Misty Lake... Correct?

> Add:"  I used that Monitoring Jewel for a Passing Exploration starting from The Other Great Libray, Main Foyer, Gardens, Outer Grounds leading to the Misty Lake... "

>"... Yet the Unseen Clergy's Presence and Interest were only Perceivable just once, at the Beginning of the Displacement in the Other Great Library, and yet Stargazer also was feeling that... "

> "...  she was Blanketed by Its Presence. "
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 08:06:10 PM by Branneg Xy »
1.+This Real Photo "... and the WORD became Flesh", had been shoot by a Modern-Time Desert Father(Desertic Catholic Christian Community Monk+Ascetic) during THE HOLIEST CONSECRATION-MASS:The HOLIEST FAMILY of NAZARETH ALWAYS MYSTICALLY EVER-PRESENT and with ALSO THE CRISTCHILD BLESSING-https://www.newadvent.org/cathen/05573a.htm#section3 , in EVERY HOLIEST MASS-HOST CONSECRATION BY the Ordanied PRIEST(S).
2(++RECOMMENDED+++) https://adoration.tyburnconvent.org.uk -https://tyburnconvent.org.uk
3.Youtube Channel/half-collections/half-references :
" FRA ALU BI Darcanix "

« Reply #529 on: August 21, 2020, 02:12:43 AM »
>"How long do you think it's going to take you to get something out of that thing?"

« Reply #530 on: August 21, 2020, 02:16:55 AM »
>"How long do you think it's going to take you to get something out of that thing?"

>"It shouldn't take long to get a basic idea," says Patchouli.

> We know Nue and her old Tanuki friend Mamizou  are included by Their Nature in "The Potentially Trespassing Shapeshifter Youkai " but the 1st one Decided Not to be Involved (//Nue Quest A-Z//) ... but the 2nd might or have relations with that ? Have we heard or known more?

> We Explored in Passing, on  the "Scarlet Mansion of. Bottom Ocean Flooded Plane": Great Libray, Main Foyer, Gardens, Outer Grounds leading to the Misty Lake... Correct?

> Add:"  I used that Monitoring Jewel for a Passing Exploration starting from The Other Great Libray, Main Foyer, Gardens, Outer Grounds leading to the Misty Lake... "

>"... Yet the Unseen Clergy's Presence and Interest were only Perceivable just once, at the Beginning of the Displacement in the Other Great Library, and yet Stargazer also was feeling that... "

> "...  she was Blanketed by Its Presence. "

>Patchouli nods as she looks at the gem. "If it's a new thing, it's probably not of the Unseen Clergy. Probably."
>She starts to fiddle with the gem. Then frowns and fiddles some more.
>"...There's nothing here," she says.

>_

« Reply #531 on: August 21, 2020, 04:51:57 AM »
>Frown.
>"Did I not use it right?"

« Reply #532 on: August 21, 2020, 05:00:02 AM »
>Frown.
>"Did I not use it right?"

>"No no, you did everything well," says Patchouli. "It is like I gave you a blank piece of paper, and you gave it back to me covered in zeroes."
>"So you're saying, the chance to find anything...vanished?" Koa says.

>_

« Reply #533 on: August 21, 2020, 05:25:25 AM »
>"Does that mean anything to you or is this just a dead end?"

« Reply #534 on: August 21, 2020, 05:29:08 AM »
>"Does that mean anything to you or is this just a dead end?"

>"It means I can't make any easy declarations," says Patchouli. "But I can say that there is nothing of substance there. Or practically nothing. I'll need more time than I thought to sift through all of this and find if there's anything interest other than noise from Gensokyo."
>"The chance of finding anything sounds...vanishingly small," says Koa.

>_

« Reply #535 on: August 21, 2020, 05:59:42 AM »
>"Hmmm, okay. If it means anything to you I had a look around while I was there and I found myself inside this mansion but flooded. Judging by the things I found floating around the place it seems as if that place is a copy of our current Gensokyo that's been flooded. And for some time too, at least enough time for your books to turn to sludge."
>"Though, I guess it would only be a copy of the landscape, because the only person that I've found there has been Stargazer. I didn't even find any bodies or anything to indicate that people had drowned."

« Reply #536 on: August 21, 2020, 06:05:40 AM »
>"Hmmm, okay. If it means anything to you I had a look around while I was there and I found myself inside this mansion but flooded. Judging by the things I found floating around the place it seems as if that place is a copy of our current Gensokyo that's been flooded. And for some time too, at least enough time for your books to turn to sludge."
>"Though, I guess it would only be a copy of the landscape, because the only person that I've found there has been Stargazer. I didn't even find any bodies or anything to indicate that people had drowned."

>"Well, you didn't find much of anything there, according to this," Patchouli says, not looking up from her gem.
>"But you did appear right where the you were here, again," Tojiko says.
>"I guess it's safe to say this opportunity...faded away?" says the familiar.

>_

« Reply #537 on: August 21, 2020, 06:12:45 AM »
>"That can't be right. There's definitely an entire Gensokyo over there."
>Is Tojiko having a stroke?

« Reply #538 on: August 21, 2020, 06:14:57 AM »
>"That can't be right. There's definitely an entire Gensokyo over there."
>Is Tojiko having a stroke?

>"Not of any kind of substance," says Patchouli. "I'd almost say you were hallucinating, but we clearly saw you vanish."
>You're having a stroke

>_

« Reply #539 on: August 21, 2020, 06:42:37 AM »
>"Is it all some massive illusion then? Or some kind of ghost Gensokyo?"