~Beyond the Border~ > Rumia's Party Games

Kisume Quest

(1/4) > >>

kurzov:
Hi, been a while. This shall be my first attempt at any kind of forum game. Just going to play it by ear and see what happens from there. Maybe it'll be a long one, maybe not. Cue the Carnival Night theme for when I inevitably mess this up.

> You are KISUME, tsurube-otoshi youkai. You are known for attacking unsuspecting humans by knocking them out cold with your trusty bucket.

> There's not many other youkai that you recognize on a regular basis, given that you're not exactly the most talkative person in Gensokyo.
> Still, rumors do go around, and the latest one is that that same red-white shrine maiden has had to go out and deal with another incident recently. Serves her right.

> What should you do right now? Check status, etc.
[X] (Free response, as in most Forum Quests.)

> What should you do today? (Pick a plot please.)
[X] Go find Kusodani-san. That tsuchogumi's got something going on, doesn't she?
[X] Find another human to nail down. Might as well take advantage of the shrine maiden being away, right?
[X] Explore the surface for a while in search of interesting things. That incident's probably got everyone riled up.
[X] (Free response.)

Crimlutes:
FREE RESPONSE - Visit Yuugi! that big ol lug's a ton of fun

kurzov:

--- Code: ---FREE RESPONSE - Visit Yuugi! that big ol lug's a ton of fun
--- End code ---

--- Quote ---> Go find Kusodani-san. That tsuchogumi's got something going on, doesn't she?
>> Also, go find Hoshiguma-san, down in the Underground.
--- End quote ---

> Might as well see what Kusodani-san's up to. Or down. Whatever. You never bothered to understand human phrasing anyway... Regardless, she's one of the two or three youkai you actually talk to on a regular basis.
> "Home", as it were, was not far from "The Blowhole", the original route to the underground. When you get there, it's... completely covered in webs.
> "KUSODANI-SAN!" you yell out down the hole.
> Crawling noises soon make way for YAMAME KUSODANI, a rather annoying earth spider youkai... for humans, anyway.

> YAM: "Kisume? What's going on?"
> KIS: "Two things. There's another incident going around?"
> YAM: "Somethin' like that, 'eah. Komeiji was all up in arms, that kasha's ran off. Now what's the other thing?"
> KIS: "Need'ta get down to the underground."
> You prepare the bucket for vertical transport, though you can't go anywhere until Yamame clears out the blowhole itself. Webs suck.

> Eventually Yamame clears it out, and the bucket starts to move before Yamame stops it abruptly and asks you... "Now don't-cha want me going along? Last time you went down there you got drunk and had a miserable time down there with all those alcohol-happy oni. It took Yuugi to get you out of there, remember?" You do vaguely remember that...

>_

Branneg Xy:

--- Quote from: kurzov on August 18, 2023, 11:53:52 AM ---
--- Code: ---FREE RESPONSE - Visit Yuugi! that big ol lug's a ton of fun
--- End code ---
> Might as well see what Kusodani-san's up to. Or down. Whatever. You never bothered to understand human phrasing anyway... Regardless, she's one of the two or three youkai you actually talk to on a regular basis.
> "Home", as it were, was not far from "The Blowhole", the original route to the underground. When you get there, it's... completely covered in webs.
> "KUSODANI-SAN!" you yell out down the hole.
> Crawling noises soon make way for YAMAME KUSODANI, a rather annoying earth spider youkai... for humans, anyway.

> YAM: "Kisume? What's going on?"
> KIS: "Two things. There's another incident going around?"
> YAM: "Somethin' like that, 'eah. Komeiji was all up in arms, that kasha's ran off. Now what's the other thing?"
> KIS: "Need'ta get down to the underground."
> You prepare the bucket for vertical transport, though you can't go anywhere until Yamame clears out the blowhole itself. Webs suck.

> Eventually Yamame clears it out, and the bucket starts to move before Yamame stops it abruptly and asks you... "Now don't-cha want me going along? Last time you went down there you got drunk and had a miserable time down there with all those alcohol-happy oni. It took Yuugi to get you out of there, remember?" You do vaguely remember that...

>_

--- End quote ---

> Accept Yamame's advice.

> On our way to Yuugi kindly ask her, because we are hazy on that, to refresh our memory about our"las time we went down there".

> After that, exchange what we know about the "Surface's Incident".

kurzov:

--- Quote from: Branneg Xy on August 28, 2023, 08:08:36 PM ---> Accept Yamame's advice.
> On our way to Yuugi kindly ask her, because we are hazy on that, to refresh our memory about our "last time we went down there".
> After that, exchange what we know about the "Surface's Incident".

--- End quote ---

> Advice accepted. The bucket could just barely fit two youkai, and as Yamame boarded the bucket, you started to pull the nearby rope, causing the bucket to begin descending.

> You ask the question about what had happened last time you ended up down in the Ancient City.
> "What happened that time? Memory's a bit hazy today..." Yamame shakes her head, explaining what had happened to you.
> "It was a while ago. You ended up in the Ancient City one way or another, got lost, then you got roped into a drinkin' contest with another oni down there. Yuugi eventually fished you out after the booze started givin' you troubles. When she found ya, you were out cold on the ground, outside one of them oni bars. I had'ta go and find your bucket."
> You could barely manage a mumbled response to that. That must have been embarrassing. You try to not think about it too much as the bucket continues to lower.

> Eventually the bucket reaches the ground level of Former Hell. As Yamame exits the bucket, you begin detaching said bucket from the assembly that had been used to get here. Yamame asks some questions in the meantime. "So whatcha know about that surface incident that I don't?"
> "Something, hopefully. We could exchange what we know."
> "While I was looking for unsuspecting humans, I saw a couple humans, couple youkai - some I recognized, some I didn't - they looked important."
> You rattled off the ones you had seen before. "Red-white, blue-green, black-white, Suika as well. There were some others that I didn't recognize at all."

> The earth-spider youkai summarizes her knowledge of the incident, making a conclusion based on what you've found out.
> "Damn. If it's more than just the shrine maidens and the spark magician trying to resolve it, it must be pretty serious... The rest of what I know is that it's involving current hell in addition to the surface. Yuugi said it was something about beast spirits... You thinkin' the same thing I am? Kasha's probably headed that way too, if that last part's true..."

> Yamame proceeds to head towards the bridge that connects the caves with the Ancient City. You quickly follow behind her.
> At the bridge is... nobody. How strange... Parsee Mizuhashi would usually be camped out up here, looking for an excuse to be jealous... but she isn't there. Yamame looks a bit confused at this, but regardless, the two of you cross the lengthy bridge, eventually reaching the other side.

> The city is pretty quiet right now. Not many folks out and about.
> Looking around, Yuugi doesn't seem to be immediately apparent, but it shouldn't be too hard to find her... hopefully.
> The Komeiji mansion is visible in the distance. It's farther ahead, still quite the walk from here.

> There are paths going forward, as well as to the left and right.
> "Which way?" Yamame asks.

>_

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version