~Hakurei Shrine~ > Help Me, Eirin!
Fantastic Danmaku Festival II Scoring Replays
<< < (2/2)
williewillus:
Very nice!

How are you adjusting the arcade score to PC?
marus:
In the arcade version you get less lives and bombs, which means that you get less points for the end-of-stage bonus. The score calculation for lives and bombs is:

--- Code: ---(lives * 40,000,000 + bombs * 20,000,000) * difficulty
--- End code ---
The difficulty multiplier is 1.5 for Extra mode.

So assuming you NBMB (which you're ideally supposed to do aside from one bomb at the very beginning), then the score bonus from lives and bombs should be:

* Arcade - 4 lives 8 bombs = (4 * 40,000,000 + 8 * 20,000,000) * 1.5 = 480,000,000 points
* PC - 10 lives 10 bombs = (10 * 40,000,000 + 8 * 20,000,000) * 1.5 = 900,000,000 pointsSo PC earns an extra 420,000,000 points.

It's worth pointing out I don't actually know a lot about the arcade version, so there may be other differences I'm not aware of. I've played it a tiny bit and it didn't seem particularly different, but I haven't done any side-by-side comparisons. I also haven't actually seen any of the high-level Extra mode runs for the arcade version, so I'm operating under the assumption that the routing is fairly similar to what I'm doing.
williewillus:
In arcade the borders also don't last as long

--- Quote ---When a border is active, the cherry gauge drains more quickly
Borders no longer cycle between awarding bomb and life fragments. Instead, borders always reward bomb pieces, rewarding 0, 1, and 2 bomb pieces for Levels 1, 2, and 3 respectively

--- End quote ---

marus:
I've read that before too, but honestly I'm not sure if it's true. At least the few times I played the arcade version, the timings for my borders have always felt the same. For example, I always time a bomb at the beginning of the run to activate my first border early, and in both arcade and PC the border ends at the same time. It might just be that I haven't played the arcade version enough, but I feel like my routes would get noticeably messed up if this were true.
Navigation
Message Index
Previous page

Go to full version