~Beyond the Border~ > Rumia's Party Games
東方偽現実 〜 Cruelty of Verisimilar Existence - RP Thread Edition
(1/8) > >>
OkuuFallout:
//Hello everyone! As I have a (semi)-concrete plan for CoVE now, I am ready to post what was the original idea for it: an RP thread. I will be posting the first chapter plus a tiny bit of the second. A few minor tweaks will be applied for additional context, as this is not the "official" story. Which leads me to another point: If you have read CoVE, please try not to apply that story here. As far as this goes, it's an entirely different story. Finally, please be patient with me. It is inevitable that the story will start to sidetrack from the main plot, so I will probably steer back to it if I notice too much divergence. However, I'm purposefully leaving parts of the story blank. This is because I want others to have a partial say (within character) in where the story goes, just to make it a little better. Anyway, that's enough rambling for now. If anything else comes to mind, I'll add that info as we go. Now. enjoy!

東方偽現実 〜 Cruelty of Verisimilar Existence

Yukari Yakumo, the Gap Youkai. Her ability is to manipulate boundaries, no matter what that might entail. That person is you, and you will soon discover the truth behind not only Gensokyo and the outside world, but the entirety of everything you know.

--------------------

One day, while thinking about the extent of your ability, you thought about how powerful you truly are. You can instantly kill someone by manipulating the boundary of life and death, or the opposite by bringing a corpse back to life. You can even manipulate the boundary between human and youkai, human and demon, etc. However, this would be taboo due to its danger to the balance of Gensokyo.

As you are thinking about this, you remember that painting you got from the outside world. It's an illustration of a massive wave with a snow-capped mountain in the distance. You took after that black-white magician and "borrowed" it from a museum. It is a bit disappointing, however, since it's supposed to be the original yet is so small. No matter, you think, I'll just hang it above the vanity.

While you gather everything to hang it, you think about how Ran could be doing this for you, but then remember that you are trying to rely less on your shikigami for the time being.

You've gathered everything now, and head towards the vanity. You continue to think about your powers. While you continue pondering that, you slip. You try to catch yourself, but that pesky shelf you put up bonked you on the head.

As you fade out of consciousness, you think, I should get rid of that shelf.

--------------------

You have a vision. There is a man operating a long, narrow, flat device. You recognize it as a keyboard, not unlike Lyrica Prismriver's. However, it doesn't sound like a keyboard, but rather what you recognize as the sound of Merlin Prismriver's instrument. What was it called again? A trumpet? Yeah, that sounds about right. It does seem a little different than what it's supposed to sound like, but maybe it's just your imagination.

During what seems like a few hours, you observe the man working on a computer, a type of shikigami from the outside world. It appears that he somehow was able to get the music onto the computer, at least that's what you assume. It looks like what you believe is a "software", a feature of computers, somehow made the music "visible".

After some time, it seems like he finishes. The music that plays is... strange, but pleasant. Serious, but tame. Exciting, but slow-paced. Composed of mostly piano, but with snippets of that unique trumpet. The man seems pleased with his creation, and gives it a title: "夜が降りてくる ~ Evening Star".

The vision starts to fade away, but before it completely fades, you notice he adds one more detail. This time, you see it clear as day. Your mind blanks for a second, then you go still, chills running down your spine. The vision fades away, and you see black. All you can think about is those last three words he added:

"Yukari Yakumo's Theme"

--------------------

"Mistress?" A quiet, soothing voice speaks. "Mistress Yukari, are you alright?!" Now an eager, energetic voice speaks. There can only be two beings in the world with those voices.
"Chen, calm down please. This is Mistress Yukari we're talking about, she's most likely fine."
"MISTREEESSSSS?!"
Ran snaps a little, "Chen, be quiet! I told you, she's fine!" Chen doesn't listen.

You are fully conscious now. All you need to do is get up.

>_
OkuuFallout:
//If anyone needs help or something, feel free to ask!
Neovereign:
> "Mm. What are you so worried about? I just took a short nap to gather some curious thoughts."
> Gather our bearings and examine our surroundings.
> "Though, that was quite the experience... how intriguing."
Philosopher:
>Is the shelf still here?
OkuuFallout:

--- Quote from: Neovereign on September 08, 2022, 02:18:49 AM ---> "Mm. What are you so worried about? I just took a short nap to gather some curious thoughts."
> Gather our bearings and examine our surroundings.
> "Though, that was quite the experience... how intriguing."

--- End quote ---

>Ran seems confused at first, then sighs and shakes her head. Fitting, considering this is the bathroom. Then again, you are pretty narcoleptic, so it wouldn't be much of a surprise to her if it was true. Though Ran is essentially a supercomputer, so she's certainly already figured it out by now.

>Figuratively gathering your bearings, you look around the bathroom. Unsurprisingly, there is a toilet, sink, tub and shower, all themed with ornate, silver trimmings. There is also a vanity, which you usually use for makeup... and what Chen uses as her arts and crafts table when no one's watching. The painting is still hanging above it.

>"Let me guess," Ran says, "According to your body position from where we found you, taking in the knowledge of a new element to the room, and the shelf that seems to have snapped, I would conclude that you were displaying a painting above the vanity when you slipped and crashed your head into the shelf. You then lost consciousness, in which even I do not want to think of what your mind was showing you while you were out." Yep, spot on as always.

--- Quote from: Philosopher on September 08, 2022, 02:41:47 AM --->Is the shelf still here?

--- End quote ---

>That depends on what you qualify as "still there". You could say yes, in which there is half a shelf still there. Or you could say no, in which the other half is on the vanity's counter, just barely missing the mirror when it fell.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version