~Hakurei Shrine~ > Alice's Art Atelier
[Music] Embodiment of Scarlet Devil OST (PC-9801 Version)
(1/1)
SilSinn9801:
Complete, legit NEC PC-9801 cover of the soundtrack from 東方紅魔郷 〜 the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil (carried over from the previous AAA forum):
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLScq2IYO9NkEaQvDj37bsYb0RlmltPRqz
https://nicovideo.jp/series/79767

All 17 ZUN compositions were carefully arranged by me in PMD98 music format (the same format last used by ZUN in 東方怪綺談 ~ Mystic Square during the nostalgic PC-98 era) within a nine-year timeframe. More than half of the 17 videos on each of these two playlists feature PC-98-quality pixel art made by various spriters –some of them still acquainted with me, others unfortunately not– who helped me become the person I am now in the Western Touhou community and to whom I extend all my thankees (even to those who are no longer with me), among them:

* ShinkoNet (from NetCAVY Records)
* Tom (MotK’s webmaster here)
* Yuutou Hazama
* Feinerine (from Starlight Visual)
* tian nya
* 渦済み Uzuzumi (formerly 07鳥、宮子 07Bird/Miyako)
* Terraformer9x
* 霊月 Reigetsu
* Zome
* Mr. Tremolo Measure
* yoki
* ミツオ MitsuoAlso, for the U.N. Owen Was Her video, I used dialogue from a Rin Satsuki headcanon by AndyPyro, carefully translated to Japanese by fellow PMD98 chiptuner VasteelXolotl, to whom I extend all my thankees.

Summary of tools used to make all this possible:

* KAJA’s MML compiler MC.EXE 4.8P (MS-DOS/98, part of PMD98 Version 4.8P (1998))
* C60’s FMPMD2000 Version 0.31 (PMDWin.dll Version 0.36)
* hoot... - Sound Hardware Emulator vX.XX
* HypS’s FMDSP 0.85b
* LunarCast’s Mystic Square Toolkit Version 0.1.8b–0.7.0a
* Neko Project 21 0.83k8/fmgen
* Clip Studio Paint EX (used by ShinkoNet)
* Aseprite 1.2.12 (used by at least Yuutou, Terraformer9x, yoki, & Mitsuo)
* Paint.net 4.1.3–4.1.6 (used by at least tian nya & Mr. Tremolo Measure)
* MS Paint (used by Feinerine)
* GNU GIMP 2.8.22–2.10 (64-bit)
* jimbo1qaz’s corrscope 0.6.0
* VapourSynth R45 (64-bit)
* VirtualDub2 build 43602–44015 (64-bit)
* Streamlabs OBS 0.19.1 (64-bit)
* CyberLink PowerDirector 15 (64-bit)
* Audacity 2.3.1 (used by derole below)
This full soundtrack was later recorded from genuine PC-9801-86 sound hardware by derole (using Audacity) and released on Bandcamp and BOOTH during Comic Market 97 a.k.a. Winter Comiket 2019 under the title 東方紅魔旧 ~ the Ancienthood of Scarlet Devil. The BOOTH link is no longer available because of technicalities forced by 東方同人音楽流通 Touhou Doujin Music Distribution (which seems to favor Japanese circles over Western ones); the Bandcamp link is still valid and here:
https://silentsinnerinscarlet.bandcamp.com/album/the-ancienthood-of-scarlet-devil

Thankee so much to all of you for listening to me and to those few of you who fully supported me until the very end of 2019!

Touhou Koumakyou © 2002 Team Shanghai Alice

EDIT 1: Added summary of software toold used to make all my music above, as well as the necessary copyright statements.
EDIT 2: Changed Mystic Square Toolkit link to point to Tom’s permanent archive (rather than MotK V2)
Navigation
Message Index

Go to full version