~Hakurei Shrine~ > Touhou Addict Recovery Center

Foul Detective Satori web-manga discussion thread.

<< < (3/15) > >>

Suspicious person:
Ah yes, the rival detective makes her entrance. Dunno why, but this chapter 5's Yukari seems a bit more responsible, compared to how she usually gamble it all on Reimu. Also more talk on vengeful spirits, although nothing that I don't already know, hmm. Aso I mistook Marisa for Alice with that white capelet of hers ...

Mystery stories are generally supposed to give ya a bunch of clues to help you deduce who is the big bad cat, although this time, unless you know a bit about Touhou, things may seem relatively gratuitous or weird.

But anyway, this cheating armchair detective that I am suspect that our eternal criminal has been hiding inside Youmu's human half, who wouldn't show bizarre change in behavior and who's been the closest to the possessed Yuyuko for like 3 days (as it seems weird to me that the cunning eternal criminal would just hang outside, in the nude, like a dumb dumb, and risk being picked off by some lucky fella or a Youmu swinging around her Hakurouken instead of getting cozy inside a human), and is possibly wainting to make use of Youmu's servant status to serve herself as a drink to one of the non human new comers and get herself a serving of that sweet, sweet magical power or something

Lebon14:
New chapter is up.
So... Marisa is the catalyst for the *bad guy* heh. Seeing more Satori is always good and her mind-reading abilities keep the story for taking the "huh are you sure route? you could be lying" route. But no news from Yukari but, at the same time, she sent Ran and Chen on a useless mission we know won't give anything.

Suspicious person:
Marisa is generally only there cuz she's one the main characters even though she may not even play an important role in the end, so I for one appreciate her actually getting a proper place in a story for once.

On a slightly bonkers side note, having seen some of the Mima speculation (lol) regarding the identity of the eternal criminal, if Marisa did what she did by her own volition instead of doing it because she was possessed, it would be funny if some kind of relationship between Mima and Marisa gets brought up a motive of sorts for Marisa to do this. Like, some kind of way rewrite for Mima and her relationship with Marisa, a way of Yuuka-ising her into modern Touhou. I am not a PC 98 believer nor am I particularly familiar with how things were back then, but I am secretely rooting for the eternal criminal chan to be Mima because of that, haha. Even a certain celebrity finally got his award and broke a meme, so why can't Mima do the same ?

Anyway, Marisa's motive is most definitely what I'm curious about. Not a Mima believer, but it'd be fun if it turned out to be the case

Hyouiibara:
It was kinda weird tho... Like, How can a spirit be possessed by a spirit? but still, nice plot twist,Sakuya is possessed to drain the heck out of Patchouli and then Patchy got possessed too, is this the ancient 2hus AoCF? (Lol)

Suspicious person:
Hmm, chapter 7 is out, it seems

Bunch of interesting information of uncertain relevance in there ? To list em up :

1/ Something seems to be going on in the underground  that is causing the temperature of the hot springs to raise ? Nothing concrete to speculate with here for me, but if we're getting a repeat of what led to UFO's cast getting freed, then MAYBE whatever is going on down there led to the eternal criminal getting out of the underground. The thing regarding Youkai Mountain's volcanicness honestly doesn't strike me as something particularly relevant, cuz not only that part of the setting has been there for A REALLY LONG TIME now, but we also have best Moriya Goddess watching over it.

2/ The suspicious spirit in the netherworld got cornered but clearly isn't the eternal criminal if we go by the ending. I'm interested in seeing how the computer-like shikigami could make such a mistake in their search. Could the vengeful spirit have left some of her vengeful spiritness on this unfortunate spirit or something ? Also Yukari trying a little bit too hard to seem 17, still not working

3/ Satori circumstances, namely her being so weak on the surface plus her being able to see the "remnants" of thoughts or something ? Maybe Koishi's super strength and endurance is that aside from her not being conscious of her tiredness, she doesn't need to deal with the problem Satori faces

4/ Alice's house being ... relatively creepy ? She's got a doll doing reading for her, like, how is that even supposed to work ?! Also are those candle bearing *silent* dolls supposed to be normally singing ?! But whatever, now Alice's gonna receive a speaking role, after probably a literal decade or something. I also like how a simple pincushion tied on her wrist makes for some kind of couturier getup

Anyway, I find ZUN taking Satori out of the circuit in a time where her ability would make clear Marisa's motives very suspicious. As far as Marisa goes, I think things might be going in either one of 2 directions : 1/ She is legit being a rather naughty here, and is helping the vengeful spirit do bad things for a reason that is yet uncertain ; 2/ This thing that seems like a setup for making Marisa a villain is actually a curveball and Marisa is just tracking this particular vengeful spirit for an uncertain reason (I admit, this last speculation is very inspired by the Mima theories, please don't look at me with disgust like that)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version