Author Topic: Remilia Quest  (Read 61090 times)

AngryEclectus

• The '24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week' Library
  • Taking it easy
Remilia Quest
« on: August 14, 2021, 04:42:41 AM »
Bored out of my mind, so I'm starting a Quest thing. Sorry if it's not great, this is my first time!

> You are Remilia Scarlet.

> Recently, the mysterious Yukari paid the Scarlet Devil Mansion a visit. Again (See Silent Sinner in Blue for more context, I guess). She wanted to ask you some questions, and after answering them, she left without a word. Not long after that, Yukari's shikigami came and asked your maid, Sakuya, some questions, before leaving in a similar fashion to her master.

> Currently, your busy sitting on the balcony of the Mansion, waiting for Sakuya to bring you a new type of tea she made with Patchouli's help. You have a thick book on the table in front of you. While you don't read very often, Sakuya insisted that you should read this one.
"Rat poison, rat poison..."

(ᗜˬᗜ)

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
  • The Positive and the Negative
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Remilia Quest
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2021, 05:39:33 AM »
> What's our appearance like? Like, how short are we compared to a fairy, the maids, or Sakuya for example?
> How does our ability work?
> What happens if we split into bats and one of them is killed?
> Relationship with Flandre.

> Check out the book's title.

AngryEclectus

• Taking it easy
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2021, 06:05:00 AM »
> What's our appearance like? Like, how short are we compared to a fairy, the maids, or Sakuya for example?
> How does our ability work?
> What happens if we split into bats and one of them is killed?
> Relationship with Flandre.

> Check out the book's title.

> You look the same as usual, although your blue hair is a little messier than usual. Compared to Sakuya, you're pretty short.
> If your being fully honest, your ability to manipulate fate isn't as incredible as you make it out to be. Your vampire physiology is complicated to explain, and is basically the main reason you have any powers at all.
> While none of your bats have ever been killed, the chances are you'd get a pretty big cut. Although, you'd rather not find out.
> Flandre sometimes gives you the creeps, but you love her, and she loves you. It's safe to say she looks up to you, too.

> The book is called "Grimoire 17: Red Magic". Now that you think about it, reading this might be useful. If you can get through the hundreds of pages.

(ᗜˬᗜ)

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2021, 06:21:55 AM »
>Were we born a youkai or turned into one?

>Look at the book's table of contents

AngryEclectus

• Taking it easy
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2021, 06:25:59 AM »
>Were we born a youkai or turned into one?

>Look at the book's table of contents

> You've been a Youkai since you were born.

> The book has over 20 chapters on just the basics. It would probably be safe to skip straight to the advanced parts.

(ᗜˬᗜ)

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2021, 07:14:29 AM »
> No need to skip yet. We'll properly read it all. Wouldn't be good if we finished the book early and had nothing to do now...
> How's the back of the book look?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 07:22:26 AM by Neovereign »

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2021, 07:18:09 AM »
>Check the author

AngryEclectus

• Taking it easy
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2021, 07:26:37 AM »
> No need to skip yet. We'll properly read it all. Wouldn't be good if we finished the book early and had nothing to do now...
> How's the back of the book look?
> Yeah, that makes sense too. You do seem to get bored easily, after all.
> The back of the book is empty. No blurb, nothing.

>Check the author
> No author listed. Probably written by Patchouli, which would explain the sheer volume of the grimoire.

(ᗜˬᗜ)

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2021, 07:45:26 AM »
> Sigh and start the book. Shortcuts won't bring Sakuya around faster.

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2021, 07:48:49 AM »
>Start the book

AngryEclectus

• Taking it easy
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2021, 07:54:35 AM »
> Sigh and start the book. Shortcuts won't bring Sakuya around faster.

> And so you do exactly that. Slowly, but surely, you trod through the first chapter of the book, which was about extending the reach of your magic. By the time you finish that chapter, Sakuya emerges from the doorway carrying an umbrella. Looking towards the horizon, you realise that you've been reading for hours, and the sun is just barely visible.

"Mistress, it is almost dawn. If you'd like, I can stay here and accompany you while you read?" Your loyal maid inquires.

(ᗜˬᗜ)

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2021, 08:06:56 AM »
>"No need Sakura.  I believe I will continue my readings in the parlor."

>Memorize the page number

AngryEclectus

• Taking it easy
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2021, 08:14:04 AM »
>"No need Sakura.  I believe I will continue my readings in the parlor."

>Memorize the page number

> You tell Sakuya that you'll continue to read inside, and she naturally obliges.

> Quickly, before Sakuya helps you up and takes you inside, you look at the page you were on and memorise the page number. Now, you follow her in.

(ᗜˬᗜ)

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2021, 09:02:07 AM »
>Head to the parlor room.

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2021, 09:51:28 AM »
>Ask Sakuya about the questions that Yukari's Shikigami asked her.
>Follow that up with light chatter about her work and duties while walking into the Parlour Room.

AngryEclectus

• Taking it easy
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2021, 10:56:05 AM »
>Head to the parlor room.
> Carrying the weight of the massive book, you follow Sakuya.

>Ask Sakuya about the questions that Yukari's Shikigami asked her.
>Follow that up with light chatter about her work and duties while walking into the Parlour Room.

> Trying to make it seem like a random question, you ask Sakuya about Ran and her conversation.

"Ah, yes. Ran paid me a visit this morning. Did you see that, Mistress? *Ahem* So, she came up the Mansion to see if we are currently happy with the current state of Gensokyo. I informed her that I myself am happy with Gensokyo. I thought it rude to inquire about why she asked me personally, so I avoided asking."

> To try and avoid suspicion, you quickly change the subject, and ask about any news in the human village. Sakuya looks at you with a strange glare.

(ᗜˬᗜ)

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2021, 11:57:52 AM »
>Did Yukari ask us any similar questions about our opinions on Gensokyo's current state?

>"My, what's with that look, my dear servant? I simply want to enquire about any interesting things happening before I continue reading. After all, there is an entire world outside this Mansion."
>When/If we're in the Parlour Room, find a table to set down the book and read from where we left off.

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2021, 06:37:39 PM »
>"Is it so strange to be curious of the state of the world around my home?"

AngryEclectus

• Taking it easy
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2021, 09:46:19 PM »
>Did Yukari ask us any similar questions about our opinions on Gensokyo's current state?

>"My, what's with that look, my dear servant? I simply want to enquire about any interesting things happening before I continue reading. After all, there is an entire world outside this Mansion."
>When/If we're in the Parlour Room, find a table to set down the book and read from where we left off.

> Now that you think about it, Yukari did ask you a very similar question. She came and asked on whether or not you were happy with the current state of Gensokyo, like something was wrong with it. You figured it as one of her weird antics, but still replied honestly.

> "Yes, I suppose that is fair. It was simply unlike you, is all."
> Sakuya leads you into the Parlour, and stands at the door, putting away the umbrella she brought out for you. You walk over to one of the tables, and place the massive grimoire on the table. As you start to read, Sakuya seems to remember something, and hurries off. Probably getting you tea.

(ᗜˬᗜ)

« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2021, 10:41:36 AM »
>Wait, did she hurry off physically?
>In fact, how often does Sakuya use her Time Manipulation abilities for minor tasks? If we know.

>Read the next three Chapters and memorize their details, then take a break. There's no way we are finishing the entire book in one evening.

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2021, 10:49:02 AM »
>Ask Sakuya to bring us something to snack on while we read

AngryEclectus

• Taking it easy
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2021, 11:00:21 AM »
>Wait, did she hurry off physically?
>In fact, how often does Sakuya use her Time Manipulation abilities for minor tasks? If we know.

>Read the next three Chapters and memorize their details, then take a break. There's no way we are finishing the entire book in one evening.

> Of course not. That would be somewhat inelegant, and that word is not something you would put in the same sentence with the name Sakuya.
> Rarely. Her ability to manipulate time is often used to deal with intruders, and for more complex tasks, like when you ask her to get something from the human village and bring it back in 5 minutes. Of course, you've never actually done that. It's just an example.

> Good idea. You'll get to doing that as soon as you can remember which page you were on...
>Ask Sakuya to bring us something to snack on while we read

> You would, but she's already gone. Oh, well. Hopefully the tea is good.

(ᗜˬᗜ)

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2021, 11:11:05 AM »
>Try to remember the page number that we memorised before.

...you look at the page you were on and memorise the page number...

>And go to that page.

AngryEclectus

• Taking it easy
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2021, 08:46:21 PM »
>Try to remember the page number that we memorised before.

>And go to that page.

>Strange, it's not like you to forget things. You pause for a moment, trying to jog your memory, then flick to the page you started earlier, and finally begin reading.

>You feel like your forgetting something else. Hope it's not important.

(ᗜˬᗜ)

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2021, 07:13:50 AM »
>Think over
->Did you promise Patche something
-->Sakuya
--->Meiling
---->Or perhaps Flandre

>Did we have a party planned today
>Perhaps we had plans for the maids

AngryEclectus

• Taking it easy
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2021, 07:26:25 AM »
>Think over
->Did you promise Patche something
-->Sakuya
--->Meiling
---->Or perhaps Flandre

>Did we have a party planned today
>Perhaps we had plans for the maids

> Promise... No, no promises. No parties. It was... Of course! Sakuya was going to bring you tea! That must be why she left. But, it's odd. Sakuya isn't one to forget things. Especially if it's a request from you. What's happening?

(ᗜˬᗜ)

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2021, 09:24:59 AM »
>Memorise our current page number and close the book. It won't do us any good to read it if we forget the contents shortly thereafter.
>Walk to the Kitchen, or Mess Hall, wherever we keep our teas.
>While doing so, attempt to remember "The Vampire Incident" or the Scarlet Mist.

AngryEclectus

• Taking it easy
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2021, 09:49:47 AM »
>Memorise our current page number and close the book. It won't do us any good to read it if we forget the contents shortly thereafter.
>Walk to the Kitchen, or Mess Hall, wherever we keep our teas.
>While doing so, attempt to remember "The Vampire Incident" or the Scarlet Mist.

> Just memorizing the page clearly isn't going to work. Bookmark would be more useful. You slip a sheet of paper into the book, sticking out, so you can go back easily.
> It's not like Sakuya would forget again. Right? Just to make sure, you'll go to the kitchen.
> The Vampire Incident... That's something you would never be able to forget. And as with the Scarlet Mist Incident, while some things are a little foggy, you definitely remember those two. Reimu Hakurei and Marisa Kirisame. Marisa is still a frequent visitor, too.

(ᗜˬᗜ)

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2021, 10:21:22 AM »
>Look around the Kitchen, do we see anyone? Any signs of people being here recently?

AngryEclectus

• Taking it easy
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2021, 10:28:48 AM »
>Look around the Kitchen, do we see anyone? Any signs of people being here recently?

> Of course. The maids use the Kitchen all the time, even when you don't want them too. Sakuya's here too, except... she's staring blankly at a tea cup. She snaps back, and finally starts pouring one. When she finishes, she turns around and goes to bring it to you, only realizing your already here.
"Oh. Sorry, Mistress. I'm afraid I forgot about the tea you asked for. Would you still like it?"

(ᗜˬᗜ)