~Beyond the Border~ > Rumia's Party Games

Archiving old mafia games

<< < (2/4) > >>

KaiserKnuckle:
>Townie

Conqueror:

--- Quote from: Kilgamayan on February 20, 2020, 04:04:33 AM --->wanting to remember Mafia

--- End quote ---
I reread Night of the Vampire as a sort of ritual every few years or so, just as a reminder that we should be thankful that we are not, in fact, stuck here forever.

Sir Arthur Ignatius Conan Touhou:
I would like to believe that I have never read night of the vampire in my life despite playing in it.

Kiro:
Isn't Night of the Vampire my Mafia ragequit game? Hahahahahaha. It doesn't sting anymore though.

I will always be grateful for MotK and Mafia for one particular thing. That I am not infallible in my beliefs. That no matter how much I argue or personally believe, there are sometimes objective truths that must be accepted. That the game roles clearly showed that the person I was sure was Scum flipped Townie, that the person I thought was Townie had me completely fooled as Scum and that I was wrong so many more times than I was right and that is actually OK. While I appreciated the overall experience, a game where the premise is to sort through all manner of misinformation by arguing with each other or intentionally be deceiving and obstinate and obsessing over convincing other people was not a healthy one to continue playing.

And to think all this was before the term "Fake News" entered our lexicon as it now currently exists. If everyone in the United States played a game of Mafia, the amount of shouting and pointing might not change at all. But maybe, just maybe, a few more people will understand that it is ok to be wrong, to not brush off inconvenient truths as 'fake news' and strive to be better.

Also, remembering to copy/save/review my text before submitting it is a pretty important life skill (as my first attempt to make this post reminded me).

BT:
It's less about remembering all the cringe you posted and more about embarrassing others with theirs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version