Author Topic: Minor Existence Quest  (Read 103028 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #210 on: July 17, 2021, 01:43:03 PM »
>"Ah, yes."

>Watch Aizawa so we can act with respect
>Copy his actions that seem to be polite manners

>Aizawa stands upright, almost resolute in posture. You do your best to copy him, this stance must be something done when in the presence of people with a higher station than you.
>Worm and Apple just stand normally, almost looking bored. Well, Fairies aren't known for their polite manners.
>Akyuu confirms the room, then speaks.

>"I must thank you, Matriarch, for capturing the Infamous Oulaw Seija. Who knows what kind of danger she could have posed to the Human Village if you didn't catch her."
>"Thankfully no other parts of the Human Village were attacked, all the other Youkai spotted were just regulars, or people going to Geidontei. No hostility to speak of." Again with that place, Geidontei. What's so interesting about it?
>"Now that the safety of the Village has been confirmed today due to our dutiful protectors, I'd like to reward our Matriarch here."
>"You and your children can have a gift of your choice, and I will try my best with the resources of the Human Village to give it to you!"
>"So, what do you want as a reward?"
>_?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 09:28:42 PM by WitheringFlowerCrown »

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #211 on: July 18, 2021, 04:44:57 PM »
>"We are glad we could help."

>What do you want?
->Food, money?  You've got a little sum.
->A house?  Apple and Worm have their tree and you can always make one if need be.

->Fame?  Yes!

-->You want to be known.  To be remembered as noble in personality, but then you can't ask for fame if you want to be noble.
---> Not asking for riches would also help cultivate that image and make yourself seem selfless.

>Apple and Worm also want fame.  They would. . .

>"I would like to request that my daughters receive equal credit for this capture and their efforts underscored."

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #212 on: July 18, 2021, 10:26:35 PM »
>"We are glad we could help."

>What do you want?
->Food, money?  You've got a little sum.
->A house?  Apple and Worm have their tree and you can always make one if need be.

->Fame?  Yes!

-->You want to be known.  To be remembered as noble in personality, but then you can't ask for fame if you want to be noble.
---> Not asking for riches would also help cultivate that image and make yourself seem selfless.

>Apple and Worm also want fame.  They would. . .

>"I would like to request that my daughters receive equal credit for this capture and their efforts underscored."

>Akyuu raises a brow. "Hmm, anything I can give you and you choose that? Very well! I will make sure that the word is spread, and that retellings of this event will give attention to your children's part in the capture." She sounds and looks serious, resolute in her words like this is her life's mission.
>Apple is shaking in excitement, at least she knows she should contain herself until this ends. However, Worm looks slightly confused.
>"Thank you, Maiden of Miare. My sister and I hope you can achieve my Mother's wishes." At least the confusion allows her to speak, unlike Apple.

>"Are their any words you would like to say to me? If not, you can take your leave." Akyuu waits.
>_?

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #213 on: July 19, 2021, 12:32:14 AM »
>"Thank you very much."
>Give a bow

>Did we already tell her what happened?

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #214 on: July 19, 2021, 07:43:18 AM »
>"Thank you very much."
>Give a bow

>Did we already tell her what happened?

>...Huh, you didn't.
>_?

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #215 on: July 19, 2021, 08:12:13 PM »
>"If it is more convenient for you, we could tell you the story how we captured Seija tomorrow unless you would prefer to hear it now."

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #216 on: July 19, 2021, 08:53:35 PM »
>"If it is more convenient for you, we could tell you the story how we captured Seija tomorrow unless you would prefer to hear it now."

>"Thank you for offering. I would like you to tell me the story tomorrow, I need my sleep and I'm guessing you should have business. Just meet me in this House at anytime and I will listen."
>_?

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #217 on: July 19, 2021, 11:19:33 PM »
>"Good night."

>Take our leave

>How tired are we?

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #218 on: July 20, 2021, 10:27:08 AM »
>"Good night."

>"Good night to you too. Sweet dreams."

>Take our leave

>How tired are we?

>You walk out of the Hieda House, going back into the cloak of night.
>You are not very tired, but the fairies...
>"It's getting late isn't it? I can't even tell the time right now, might be midnight." Worm looks up to the sky, completely empty except for The Moon.
>"I don't know why, but watching the Moth-Lady put herself in danger and fight that Criminal really drained me." Apple was that worried about you?
>_?

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #219 on: July 20, 2021, 10:25:25 PM »
>"I wasn't worried with the two of you watching my back."

>Check the map for an inn.

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #220 on: July 20, 2021, 10:44:46 PM »
>"I wasn't worried with the two of you watching my back."

>Worm blushes. "You need to stop complimenting us like this. My heart can't take it!"

>Check the map for an inn.

>You get the Map back from Worm and Examine it for an Inn.
>To your shock, there's no Inn. At least, not on the map.
>_?

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #221 on: July 20, 2021, 11:32:26 PM »
>"I don't think either of you realize how much of a help you were with Seija."

>"I'm not seeing an inn on the map.  So our options look to be the warehouse or home."

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #222 on: July 21, 2021, 06:19:10 AM »
>"I don't think either of you realize how much of a help you were with Seija."

>"Well then, you're welcome! A-And thanks for having faith in us!" Apple seems to have appreciated your words, while Worm is still blushing heavily.

>"I'm not seeing an inn on the map.  So our options look to be the warehouse or home."

>"Okay, let me think. Home may be more familiar, but the warehouse is closer and we have business early in the Human Village tomorrow."
>"Oh, come on, Worm! Do you really want to sleep in that creepy warehouse?"
>"Yes, unless you want to rush from the Youkai Mountain to the Human Village early in the morning."
>Apple then pouts and crosses her arms while Worm sighs in exasperation.
>_?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2021, 08:05:29 AM by WitheringFlowerCrown »

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #223 on: July 21, 2021, 07:46:34 AM »
>What time is our appointment with the florist

>How long does it take to get home?

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #224 on: July 21, 2021, 08:04:28 AM »
>What time is our appointment with the florist

>Around 9AM

>How long does it take to get home?

>Assuming you flew at top speed (which admittedly isn't very fast for you...) you could make it back to The Great Youkai Forest in an hour. This is also assuming you aren't hindered by any obstructions. By your estimates.
>_?

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #225 on: July 21, 2021, 08:27:08 AM »
>"My latern may help make it less creepy.  Is there anything else that would make it less creepy?"

>"Otherwise we lose quite a bit of time just traveling."

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #226 on: July 21, 2021, 09:06:38 AM »
>"My lantern may help make it less creepy.  Is there anything else that would make it less creepy?"

>"Otherwise we lose quite a bit of time just traveling."

>Now it's Apple's turn to act nervous. "A-ah, I guess just being with you would make it less creepy."
>"The Lamp will help too. Really it's just the darkness and the atmosphere that makes it creepy. The ghost of a dead Kappa could jump out at any time!"
>"...Apple, I'm pretty sure ghosts aren't a dangerous problem. Especially in Gensokyo."
>_?

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #227 on: July 21, 2021, 06:33:55 PM »
>"A Kappa ghost would tinker or challenge us to sumo."
>Take an exaggerated sumo stance

>Stand back up and summon a familiar
>Have it land on our extended finger

>"And the little moths can keep us safe from any spooks."

>Try to feed the familiar extra magic

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #228 on: July 21, 2021, 07:26:10 PM »
>"A Kappa ghost would tinker or challenge us to sumo."
>Take an exaggerated sumo stance

>Apple looks frightened. "B-but I'm not good at Sumo..."

>Stand back up and summon a familiar
>Have it land on our extended finger

>"And the little moths can keep us safe from any spooks."

>Try to feed the familiar extra magic

>You feed the moth some extra spiritual power, not much though, you don't want to drain yourself. It grows a bit bigger.
>Apple looks awestruck. "Yes, I knew it! As long as the Moth-Lady is here we'll be A-Okay!"
>"Good that you decided to finally swing back to hyperactivity, Apple. I wouldn't know what to do if you kept being a downer."
>"By the way, Purifier. You're lucky no-one was around or else that would've blown our disguise and act."
>_?

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #229 on: July 21, 2021, 08:24:53 PM »
>Give an embarrassed chuckle
>"True."
>"Changing topics, let's head to the warehouse while everyone is ok with it."

>If Apple and Worm are ready head to the warehouse.

>How attention grabbing is summoning a familiar

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #230 on: July 21, 2021, 09:47:37 PM »
>Give an embarrassed chuckle
>"True."
>"Changing topics, let's head to the warehouse while everyone is ok with it."

>"Yeah, let's go."

>If Apple and Worm are ready head to the warehouse.

>How attention grabbing is summoning a familiar

>Your party heads to the Warehouse. While heading there, you ruminate on how much attention summoning a familiar would get you.
>You're not exactly an expert on this but you're pretty sure that conjuring an animal out of nowhere would raise a few eyebrows if you were a seemingly normal Human. You could attempt to act as if the familiar is just a regular animal, like having it come from a blind-spot and shooing it away as if it were a regular pest. Good thing it's Summer, insects love to come out, much to your enjoyment.

>You make it back to the Warehouse, looks the same as when you left it. Complete with Silk patchwork on the roof.
>Apple seems to be distancing herself a bit from you, unlike last time. Has she gained confidence or is she just acting tough? Maybe both.
>_?

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #231 on: July 23, 2021, 07:03:11 AM »
>Take out our lantern and light it

>How do we normally sleep

>Does our moth feel like it is taking more magic to keep around?

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #232 on: July 23, 2021, 08:33:45 AM »
>Take out our lantern and light it

>How do we normally sleep

>Does our moth feel like it is taking more magic to keep around?

>You take out your Lamp and light it. Truly, an attractive light in the middle of this darkness!
>Your sleeping conditions honestly weren't good. You had no 'house', just your territory, so you just slept in trees or on the floor within it. Otherwise, you sleep in the same way everyone else does.
>No, the moth doesn't really take more energy. Then again, this is only one above-average familiar, a group might be more draining. Making it even bigger might also get a bit taxing, but you can only know these things by trying you guess.
>_?

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #233 on: July 23, 2021, 11:32:56 PM »
>Lead the fairies to the bedrooms

>Place the lantern on a table or hook if able

>Take the human clothes off so we're in the silk robe.

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #234 on: July 24, 2021, 06:17:49 AM »
>Lead the fairies to the bedrooms

>You walk through the Warehouse with the Lamp's light illuminating the area. The machinery still confuses you. It's Kappa-made for sure, but there's stuff here that you've never seen. Well, you only lived on the Base of the Mountain.
>Worm distances herself from you but still looks around as if on guard for something.

>You make it to the bedrooms, right next to the bathrooms. You saw enough of the room to just confirm it as a bedroom last time. A look inside tells you more as you scan the room casually.
>On the far end of the room there are two beds, one above the other. You guess this is a bunk bed, but you've only heard of it and never seen one until now. There are hooks on a wall near the entrance to the room, and you think that is where the Kappa hung their clothes or coats. On the opposite side of the hooks there's a table, and on it is a machine with a screen displaying some numbers. You guess this is a type of clock, for it's currently displaying 1:00 AM on it.

>"The Kappa must've been prepared to stay here for a long time. I'm shocked I haven't seen a machine to cook food at this point."
>"Who knows, Worm? Maybe they made one and we just haven't recognized it because we aren't as smart in technology as the Kappa."
>"Apple, were you always smart enough to make these kind of suggestions?"
>"Hey! I'm only as dumb as you. I just figure things out differently."

>Place the lantern on a table or hook if able

>You place your Lamp on the table, next to the clock. It's more stable than the hook and illuminates the room.

>Take the human clothes off so we're in the silk robe.

>You take off the Human Disguise: the hat followed by the shoes, then the obi and finally the kimono. You leave The Robe on, though.
>While undressing you peek behind you and see Worm looking away. Right, she's averse to this stuff.
>You neatly fold the Kimono and place it on the table, then put the hat on one of wall hooks and leave your shoes on the floor.
>"Luckily there are two beds here. I'm taking the top one with Apple. For reasons that you should understand by now. Don't peek."
>Worm and Apple also get undressed, following similar steps to you, and jump into the top bed. Looks like they couldn't wait.
>"Wow! This is what an actual bed feels like! It's so soft, and this pillow? I think that's what this is? It's great!"
>"I don't think I've ever seen Worm this emotional over something so mundane."
>"This is the first ever bed I've been in. We slept on interior tree bark for most of our lives. Please don't ruin this for me, Apple."
>_?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 08:37:39 AM by WitheringFlowerCrown »

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #235 on: July 24, 2021, 09:07:09 AM »
>"If there is a kitchen we'll find it in the morning."
>"Hmmm, good point Worm.  This place is bound to have more pleasant surprises."

>Give a light chuckle at their antics

>Get the bottom bunk and take in the unique experience

>"I could addicted to this.  Hot water and soft beds, I bet this place is better than the homes in the human village or at least most of them."

>Put the equivalent of several minutes worth of magic into our familiar, but stop if it gets bigger than our head.

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #236 on: July 24, 2021, 10:51:33 AM »
>"If there is a kitchen we'll find it in the morning."
>"Hmmm, good point Worm.  This place is bound to have more pleasant surprises."

>Give a light chuckle at their antics

>"Yeah, the Kappa are interesting inventors. Wouldn't shock me if they somehow found a way to give every Human flight." Apple says
>"That sounds a bit outrageous. The only way to give everyone flight would be to give them all wings or strap some sort of high-powered propeller on them."

>You smile and chuckle a bit. The fairies' antics are something that you can enjoy, especially after dealing with Seija.

>Get the bottom bunk and take in the unique experience

>"I could addicted to this.  Hot water and soft beds, I bet this place is better than the homes in the human village or at least most of them."

>You get into the bottom bunk and understand what Worm meant. Compared to the floor or a tree, this is absolutely wonderful! The gentle warmth could coax you to relaxation and sleep at any time, let alone when you're exhausted.
>"Heh, this is a good upgrade to our Shrine at least. I am going to miss it though."
>"I'm pretty sure the Human Village don't need us forever. We could go back to the Youkai Mountain after our business here is done. Visit home again."
>"Sounds good, but as you said, we have business here. You want to return after this too, Moth-Lady?"

>Put the equivalent of several minutes worth of magic into our familiar, but stop if it gets bigger than our head.

>You call your familiar over and pour some magic into it. Slowly, over time.
>It grows bigger, but what really shocks you is how big it gets. It's already getting bigger than your head and you only put in a small amount of spiritual power compared to your maximum amount. (-100 Hunger)
>_?

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #237 on: July 25, 2021, 02:44:47 AM »
>"I miss home a little.  Going out has given me a lot of ideas to improve it."
>"I just have mixed feelings after meeting all these nice people, these luxuries, and getting to help."

>"Before we head back we should pick out some beds."

>Tell the familiar to place some silk on our shoes after we fall asleep.

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #238 on: July 25, 2021, 11:33:11 AM »
>"I miss home a little.  Going out has given me a lot of ideas to improve it."
>"I just have mixed feelings after meeting all these nice people, these luxuries, and getting to help."

>"I've only read of this kind of luxury in the Newspapers or books. Now that I have a feel for it I have some ideas on improvements to the Shrine."

>"Before we head back we should pick out some beds."

>Tell the familiar to place some silk on our shoes after we fall asleep.

>"That's what I was thinking too. We might take some more stuff."
>"Ooh! Worm, are you graduating from stealing books to stealing beds? You might become a full-fledged kleptomaniac soon." Apple teases.
>"I'm always going to regret talking about that."

>You tell your familiar to put silk on your shoes after you fall asleep.
>You aren't sure this will work considering the last time you tried something similar, the familiars just disappeared when you slept. It might be different this time, however.
>_?

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #239 on: July 25, 2021, 04:00:05 PM »
>Fall asleep.