Author Topic: Minor Existence Quest  (Read 43116 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #120 on: July 03, 2021, 06:39:16 PM »
>Give a nervous laugh
>"It isn't very noble, but I wanted become famous."
>"But after helping, after having a positive impact it stopped being about fame."

>"I can understand wanting to rise up from a meagre, unknown existence. Why do you think I made that huge speech about our Power and the 'Shrine of Life and Death' and such? Sometimes I want to feel bigger than I actually am. But I'm a fairy, we're almost always small and insignificant, a minor existence..." Apple looks pitiful at the end of her speech.
>"Hey Apple, we talked about this. We will be known one day, especially now that we're exploring outside the forest. I mean, Cirno was quite insignificant and now almost everyone knows about her. At least, every fairy."
>"Hah, you're right! Especially if we tag a long with Moth-Lady here, even if we're just known as sidekicks we will still make an incredible impact one day. I know it."
"And there's your bravado again..."
>The bath is great to just hang out, you hope you can keep the Warehouse even after your job is done.
>_?

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #121 on: July 03, 2021, 11:41:47 PM »
>"Don't forget that three more people know about Worm, you and I."

>Give a warm smile
>"We're already one step closer to being recognized."

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #122 on: July 04, 2021, 08:26:13 AM »
>"Don't forget that three more people know about Worm, you and I."

>Give a warm smile
>"We're already one step closer to being recognized."

>"Right, those 3 humans. This is a small step. But part of being recognized means we have to get stronger."
>"I have no idea about that. I don't think people could train us, considering how unique our powers are. At best they could train our bodies and skill in Spell Card duels."
>While casually talking about your aspirations and suggestions on how to get stronger, you hear footsteps outside.
>_?

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #123 on: July 04, 2021, 08:37:37 AM »
>"It sounds like Keine is here."

>Pull our head under the water so everything gets clean
->Pull our head up and shake our hair

>Look for a towel
->Grab it

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #124 on: July 04, 2021, 08:58:22 AM »
>"It sounds like Keine is here."

>"Oh, our new clothes! Hey, how do you think I'll look?" You didn't think Apple would get this excited about fashion of all things.

>Pull our head under the water so everything gets clean
->Pull our head up and shake our hair

>"Whoa, are you trying to drown yourself?"
>When you pull your head up she seems to understand. And copies your movements.
>You shake and get most of the water out of your white hair.

>Look for a towel
->Grab it

>As any bath facility should have, there are towels near the tub on a hanger.
>You grab the towel.
>_?

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #125 on: July 04, 2021, 09:08:47 AM »
>Wrap the towel a round our body

>"I'm certain you'll look fine."

>Head to the front to meet Keine

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #126 on: July 04, 2021, 10:08:45 AM »
>Wrap the towel a round our body

>"I'm certain you'll look fine."

>"Purifier, you shouldn't always humour her. Despite what she said before, her ego swings up and down."
>You've wrapped the towel around your body and made sure it won't slip off.

>Head to the front to meet Keine

>You leave the bathroom and head to the front door.
>"We'll join you shortly, Purifier."

>When you make it to the front, you see Keine holding a wide box.
>"Ah, I see you're done bathing, Youkai. Your clothes are in this box, I recommend you go to the village immediately after making sure they fit."
>"In hindsight, I should've asked for your clothing sizes. I had to guess what would fit just from my brief looks at your figures."
>_?

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #127 on: July 04, 2021, 04:23:20 PM »
>Take the box
>"Thank you.  I don't know my size so. .  ."

>"For the patrol, are meeting anyone?"
>"Do we just walk the streets?"

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #128 on: July 04, 2021, 07:17:56 PM »
>Take the box
>"Thank you.  I don't know my size so. .  ."

>"For the patrol, are meeting anyone?"
>"Do we just walk the streets?"

>You take the box, it's light.
>"You will meet a few other humans that also do the Patrol, but mainly just walking the streets. Listening or recording any unusual happenings and maybe, if things get dire, helping protect the village against a hostile Youkai."
>While conversing with Keine, your fairy friends arrive at the front door.
>"That box has our clothes in it? I can't wait!"
>"Apple, why are you so excited for clothes?"
>_?

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #129 on: July 05, 2021, 01:19:17 AM »
>Hand out the clothes

>"Can you think of anything we should know before we begin?"

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #130 on: July 05, 2021, 08:43:38 AM »
>Hand out the clothes

>You hand out the clothes to Worm and Apple. It was easy to figure out what clothes were for who because Keine surprisingly went through the effort to find clothes that fit your colour themes.

>"Can you think of anything we should know before we begin?"

>"...I don't think so, you should already know everything needed for the job. Anything more is superfluous. Well, one thing to note is that not every Youkai that visits the village at night is hostile, but I don't think I need to say this considering you are a Youkai.
>_?

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #131 on: July 05, 2021, 09:44:33 AM »
>Nod
>"The three of us can get dress then you could introduce us to the other patrol members."
>"That way they know we're there to help."

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #132 on: July 05, 2021, 10:07:33 AM »
>Nod
>"The three of us can get dress then you could introduce us to the other patrol members."
>"That way they know we're there to help."

>"Alright then. Do you want me to introduce you as human, so your plan keeps up?"
>_?

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #133 on: July 05, 2021, 10:30:02 AM »
>"If you think the Patrol will understand then I think that being introduced as humans would be best."

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #134 on: July 05, 2021, 11:38:15 AM »
>"If you think the Patrol will understand then I think that being introduced as humans would be best."

>"Hmm, they are a bit wary of Youkai. But when they find out about your plan and why you did it later, they will most likely understand."
>_?

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #135 on: July 05, 2021, 07:58:10 PM »
>"Alright then.  Let's go with the plan."

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #136 on: July 05, 2021, 09:09:07 PM »
>"Alright then. Let's go with the plan."

>"Okay. Good luck."

>It seems that while you were having that back and forth with Keine, Worm and Apple were getting dressed inside the Warehouse.
>When they come out the front door, you and Keine look towards them.
>Worm was dressed in a simple red kimono, Apple was in a black kimono with a leaf print. The clothing combined with them wearing the Youkai-Silk Robe is enough to cover their wings, almost completely disguising them as humans. Honestly, they look like they could be sisters, which will probably help the disguise.
>"Well, looks like they're ready. Thank goodness the clothes fit." Keine makes a sigh of relief and smiles at her luck.
>_?

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #137 on: July 05, 2021, 10:07:28 PM »
>"Give me a moment to get ready."

>Head inside and get our clothes on.

>Head back to Keine
>Smile
>"Ready"

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #138 on: July 05, 2021, 10:49:17 PM »
>"Give me a moment to get ready."

>Head inside and get our clothes on.

>You head inside the Warehouse and try on your clothes.
>It's a rather ornate but slightly used piece, compared to your normal outfit. A white kimono with a black floral print, an obi to tie it together, and a white sun hat to cover your antenna. It's also larger than average, maybe you're big? Or it's to cover your wings?
>This should be enough, the clothes, hat, and Youkai-Silk Robe almost entirely mask your Beast Youkai attributes making you look like a human.
>You gained a Human Disguise
>>Human Disguise: Given to you by Keine. A white kimono with a black floral print, an obi to tie it together, and a white sun hat to cover your antenna. Almost completely disguises you as human.


>Head back to Keine
>Smile
>"Ready"

>You head back outside to meet Keine.
>She smiles back. "Good."
>"Looking at all of you in disguise like this, you look like a mother and her two daughters just taking a stroll at night. This works great! And I once again have to bless my luck that these clothes fit you."
>"Huh, a mother and her children. Sounds like a good cover story, Purifier?"
>_?

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #139 on: July 05, 2021, 11:59:57 PM »
>"The clothes look nice."

>"I agree."

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #140 on: July 06, 2021, 12:15:05 AM »
>"The clothes look nice."

>"Ah, thanks, Youkai. I had to pick out from a literal laundry basket of items."

>"I agree."

>"Alright then, shall we go, Mother?" Worm is already getting into character.
>"We've confirmed that the clothes fit and what to do when you get to the village. Now to just introduce you and start the Patrol."
>"Can we leave now? This place is still giving me the creeps, Moth-La... I mean, Mother."
>_?

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #141 on: July 06, 2021, 12:26:32 AM »
>"Alright, kids."

>"Please lead the way Miss Keine."
>Follow Keine

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #142 on: July 06, 2021, 11:02:48 AM »
>"Alright, kids."

>"Please lead the way Miss Keine."
>Follow Keine

>"Alright, time to start."
>Your motley family follows Keine back to the main streets of the village.

>It's night and the area is cloaked in darkness, perfect for a potential ambush or attack on the village.
>You see two humans standing, waiting, and Keine introduces all of you.
>"Hello, you two! Sorry, my schedule has really exploded with work, so this nice woman and her family will be taking over my place."
>"The slight grumpy looking man on the right is Aizawa." He has short black hair, wearing a simple grey yukata and has a blade of some sort. As Keine says, it looks he doesn't want to be here.
>"The woman on your left is Ame." She has brown hair and eyes, wearing a simple red Kimono and has a naginata.
>"Alright, now the introductions are over, can we start the patrol now?" Huh, he wants to get this over with quick.
>"Yes, you can start soon. I'm going back to my Study, good luck out there!" And with that, Keine takes her leave.

>"Well, if Keine trusts you then I do. Let's help each other here." Ame seems to be trusting you despite the lack of knowledge about you.
>Ame pulls out a Map of the Human Village "Aizawa is going to patrol near the Hieda House and the Dragon Statue, I'm going to patrol near the School and the Second-Hand Shop. That just leaves Suzunaan, Geidontei, and the Seamstress' Shop."
>"You can choose any of these places to patrol, just take care of yourself."

>Suzunaan: A book shop that you have heard of. Apparently sells books from the Outside World and Daemon Books. Sounds like a collector's (or thief's) dream.

>Geidontei: Wait, you've never heard of this. She just expects you to know this? This would be a good way to check the place.

>The Seamstress' Shop: Right next to the Florist's as well. You aren't sure why a Youkai would attack here. Perhaps a cover for their real plan? Maybe the Kama Itachi trying to finish the job? You're overthinking this.

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #143 on: July 07, 2021, 01:31:30 AM »
>Look at the map

>"We'll patrol the Seamstress' Shop."
>"You two be safe as well."

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #144 on: July 07, 2021, 09:47:29 AM »
>Look at the map

>"We'll patrol the Seamstress' Shop."
>"You two be safe as well."

>"Thanks, hope it's safe around there too."
>"Well I'm leaving to my post now, sooner I get there the sooner I'm done with this." He half-runs to his post. He's really impatient, to the point of seeming suspicious.
>"Don't worry about him, he's almost always like this during Patrols."
>"So, you're leaving to the Seamstress' now?"
>_?

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #145 on: July 07, 2021, 06:20:56 PM »
>"Oh, yes."
>Give an awkward Chuckle

>"Be safe"
>Head to the seamstress

>Do our familiars look like regular moths?

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #146 on: July 07, 2021, 07:00:05 PM »
>"Oh, yes."
>Give an awkward Chuckle

>"Be safe"
>Head to the seamstress

>You head to the Seamstress
>Ame waves before walking to her post. "Good luck out there! Don't let any Youkai eat your children!" She's really joking about that? Morbid, but you don't think you'll need to worry about your 'Family'.

>You arrive near the Seamstress, this whole area gives a different feeling than at morning, much more creepy. Or at least, that's what Apple implies.
>She's clinging to you like a child again.
>Worm whispers "Hey, uh, this is just for the act, right?"
>"Yep, definitely." Apple is squirming, ironically enough, like a worm.
>The area looks clear, but someone or something might approach. You should scout or prepare to make sure.

>Do our familiars look like regular moths?

>Yes, they do. But they emit a faint amount of spiritual energy, which clues it off as a familiar. It's small enough that you think only the magically and spiritually inclined would notice.
>_?

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #147 on: July 08, 2021, 12:28:01 AM »
>Put an arm in a comforting motherly way around each fairy clinging to us

>"Don't worry, mother will keep you safe."

>Sniff the air for anything that shouldn't be here.

>Listen for any intruders
>Scout the area

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #148 on: July 08, 2021, 08:32:17 AM »
>Put an arm in a comforting motherly way around each fairy clinging to us

>"Don't worry, mother will keep you safe."

>You put your arm around Apple and manage your most soothing voice.
>"Thanks, um, I might be okay now."
>Apple soon regains her nerves and removes herself from you.

>Sniff the air for anything that shouldn't be here.

>You sniff the air, subtly. Thankfully you're familiar with this place and know what should be here.
>You smell... Something foul. It's like the smell is intentionally contrarian to the smell of the flowers from the Florist's shop nearby.
>There's definitely something or someone else here.

>Listen for any intruders
>Scout the area

>You focus your hearing for anything other than you and your 'family'.
>You get double confirmation of someone being here. You can hear footsteps and wind being disturbed.
>This is enough. You scout the area, looking into alleyways and any possible hiding places. But you don't find anyone.
>You do know that someone's here. It feels like they're dodging your sight everytime you get near.
>_?

Re: Minor Existence Quest
« Reply #149 on: July 08, 2021, 08:53:51 AM »
>Whisper to the fairies, "There is someone here."

>If we see a moth try to discreetly ask it about the stranger

>If there are no moths
->Discreetly create a familiar and have it fly up and locate the person for us.