Author Topic: Thought Association(?)  (Read 354 times)

latiasred

• She who forgot a yield in her while loop
  • nue, rumia, and marisa are like epic and all
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Luminous#7351
Thought Association(?)
« on: February 19, 2020, 06:01:57 PM »

First!111112!!111

anyway lmao its gonna take some courage to actually post this thread, im scared ive never started a forum game before

how about a simple forum game where one user types down their current thought, and the next user types down what they think about that user's thought. then they type their own thought. then the NEXT user types what they think about THAT users thought and they put their own thought and... yeah it just goes on. I can't really describe it that well so just take an example.

user1: im thinking about how we have a new motk now. its sad that motk v2 is dying and i was kinda getting used to that one
user2: me too, but i guess it's alright because this motk is brand new and i trust its in good hands! well, im thinking about going to sleep. its late here and im tired.
user3: im tired too and all, but its early in the morning here so im thinking about school.
and so on...

i guess its ok to post more than once here, since your thoughts dont stay the same all the time.

ill start. im thinking about how i suck at touhou, since i can only 1cc games on normal mode and higher diffs look like a lot of fun :put_litter_in_its_place:
hi :flushed: :amehiya: :dying: :superdying: :mariss: :lesanae:

i play touhou a lot, notable achievements include:
hsifs normal 1cc (MarisaWinter)
eub easy 1cc (everyone) easy dissonant 1cc (Kasen) normal 1cc (everyone) dissonant normal 1cc (Rin) mof easy nm  might score eub seriously one day idk :flushed:

Re: Thought Association(?)
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 08:18:13 AM »
Oh I see... Though I believe you really need some more practice. Perhaps I should work on writing better so I can actually finish my Touhou fanfics.

Tengukami

• Crow Tengu Reporter
  • nothing is ever off the record
    • tengukami
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 12:42:08 PM »
I used to think the "water is not wet" debate was ridiculous, but I've become won over that water is, in fact, not wet. First of all, it's a substance that creates the condition of wetness, and second, something being wet implies that it can be dried, and water of course can't ever be dry.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

latiasred

• Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Luminous#7351
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2020, 03:56:29 AM »
yes right, water itself is just water, but anything it touches becomes wet. now that has me thinking, instead of worrying about if water is wet why don't people worry about if fire is on fire?

eub easy 1cc (everyone) easy dissonant 1cc (Kasen) normal 1cc (everyone) dissonant normal 1cc (Rin) mof easy nm  might score eub seriously one day idk :flushed:

Neovereign

• Infinite Potential
  • Back to being Mini... except not!
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2020, 08:58:48 AM »
yes right, water itself is just water, but anything it touches becomes wet. now that has me thinking, instead of worrying about if water is wet why don't people worry about if fire is on fire?
I think they're usually worrying about if that fire can put other things on fire, or hat it has already set ablaze.

My thoughts are currently about artists, and if a method/style just clicks for them or such, and how they deal with disappointing attempts.
(Yes I've been trying to get some ability to draw, myself. No it hasn't been going well.)

WindyKitsune

• Lumin(ifer)ous Touhouism
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2020, 12:48:33 PM »
In my opinion artists experiment and test by drawing a lot of stuff before discovering their style; disappointing attempts are not a bad thing if you can find reasons why you think it is disappointing, this way you can understand which elements need to be fixed and it will be easier to focus in improving on right things faster.

I'm wondering about how some people are able to memorize things like random interesting stuff on the net and recall it in an ordered way... I even don't even remember what I have done three days ago.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 12:51:30 PM by WindyKitsune »

Felis-Licht

• Aeon of Light and Day
  • Artist and Writer
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2020, 01:08:22 PM »
I'm wondering about how some people are able to memorize things like random interesting stuff on the net and recall it in an ordered way... I even don't even remember what I have done three days ago.
I think it really depends on several factors such as the situation and what the thing was in the first place. In some cases I've been able to remember what I was looking up purely because I needed information for personal writings/art. Leaving an impact on you is a key thing.

I currently thinking about writing; basically what is considered necessary to add and what isn't based on length and understanding. I feel I explain too much in order to get my point across, but if I take it out or shorten it too much I fear might not make sense and create a misunderstanding to someone else.
~C☆

latiasred

• Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Luminous#7351
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2020, 03:00:00 AM »
writing is pretty hard. either you do too much (info dump. now your reader is thinking "god pLEASE SHUT UP, Faithful Narrator") or you do too little (your reader is thinking "do they expect me to fill ALL of those blanks in?")

im thinking what to do next for a fangame i feel like making. making a fangame is a stretch and ill do it all myself but today i did do some work on stage 1, as in i composed a placeholder theme that sounds like strawberries and i started making the stage itself, which is pretty epic. i stopped because i didnt know what to do next, so im thinking of it.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2020, 04:12:02 AM »
Fangames are nice. I attempted a few myself over the years, though none of them to date have been completed unfortunately. (But one did come close IMO.)

...my brain honestly drew a blank on what the next thought should be. Thinking is hard at times.

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2020, 11:05:15 AM »
I feel like a thread where people write out their thoughts would be better suited for the Cafe. It might be worth moving it across since it's pretty dead right now.