Author Topic: Magia Record: Rumor of the Resurrected Thread  (Read 92060 times)

commandercool

• altered ego
Magia Record: Rumor of the Resurrected Thread
« on: February 19, 2020, 03:00:23 PM »
Porting over the Magia Record thread from the old forum.

Magia Record is a mobile game set in the Puella Magi Madoka Magica universe, and now an anime as well. They're set roughly concurrently with the original series and are pretty great.

If lack of a Madoka Magica sequel after all these years is bumming you out give the game or the anime a shot, they've got a lot of the same flavor without being completely derivative. Magia Record also has one of the more generous gacha systems out there if you're gacha-averse.
hot breadsticks is what we bake
we don't bake pie and we don't bake cake

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Lost in Seven Dimensions
    • YouTube
    • Steam
Re: Magia Record: Rumor of the Resurrected Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 04:57:26 AM »
Mirrors Ranking is a lot easier than last time. Maybe it's because I'm actually using a max level trio, maybe it's because I'm using good Memoria; it's likely because I'm running 4-slot Melissa instead of 1-slot Kyoko. Having a roughly 50% win ratio on defense is buoying my confidence.

I still doubt I'm going to get into S-rank, but as long as I get at least A-2, it'll be better than last go, and I'll be happy.

Felis-Licht

• Light Aeon
  • Artist and Writer
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 02:46:50 PM »
I tried rearranging my Mirrors team for the rankings and I've been doing better (though I lost 2 battles today...) I just wish I had more slots on my Mami and Mito; Mito's doing good with My Bible but the only thing I can do for her and Mami to keep them alive longer is give them evade and hope for the best.
I've been tempted to switch things up and run Dark/Aqua Tercio with Kanoko/Yachiyo/Nanaka with Mito as an extra but idk; I just like relying on Kanoko/Mito/Mami for one of their connect effects to give me an edge.

Also listened to the anime's english dub recently. Kaede actually sounds better than the japanese version, less annoying and a lot more realistic when she was pissed off at Rena.

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2020, 04:35:17 PM »
Yeah I've been doing pretty well with my mirrors team as well. And mine is a deliberately bad theme team with the whole original series cast so I was prepared for it to do bad. I think it's a combination of Sayaka being very underrated and the Ryushin-Ryu Assistant Instructor memoria being wildly overpowered.

My team is still pretty soft to Yachiyo until I can get another memoria slot or two on Mami, and Yachiyo does make up like 80%+ of the metagame, but at least mirrors ranking is generous about providing skips and lots of options. And even with that big common weakness my defensive win rate is around 50%, so hopefully once I have a reliable answer it'll get even better.

So remind me, does enemy team value matter for mirrors ranking or does only their multiplier matter? I've been assuming it's the latter so hopefully I haven't crippled my score so far.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2020, 04:06:44 AM »
Only the multiplier matters. The only other factors that matter is the number of turns you take (you lose .1 per turn in Performance after the first, starts at 1.5), the number of successful Connects (add .1 to Performance; capped at 1.5), and whether it's a Break point or not.

Felis-Licht

• Light Aeon
  • Artist and Writer
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2020, 09:22:29 AM »
Ho boy, according to the text that appeared at login we're possibly getting Madokami early as the next banner :'D

EDIT: Whelp the banner finally appeared in the news so it's confirmed now lol the question is might we also get the other Homura?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 09:41:09 AM by Felis-Licht »

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2020, 01:39:53 PM »
Oooh man I do not have a lot saved for that. Arguably I shouldn't even try to pull, I'll get more value out of just getting Madoka and Mami slots down the line I imagine, but I gotta try. Especially if it lines up nicely with the double memoria campaign

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2020, 06:51:20 AM »
YEP the sudden Madokami is -very- awkward. I'll have like 240 pulls so it's not terrible, but...

Alas, I do kinda want the attack up/anti evade memo because the future SE system throws passive evade on tons of girls. Alas again, I was sort of hoping to MLB it with ~400 pulls whilst grabbing Madokami, but she'll rerun eventually. :T

Speaking of evade, I lost my 2x break point match yesterday because Kyouko evaded and then scored multiple crits in a blast puella. AUGH

Felis-Licht

• Light Aeon
  • Artist and Writer
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2020, 06:21:34 PM »
During Ranked Mirrors today I just had one of my battles glitch out in a way that got me a win ;D

My opponent took out my Kirika, but for some reason she was still on the field and her taunt+counter memoria still worked. They could target and kill her (she just reappears and dies) and she could counter but never stayed dead. I couldn't even select her discs because the game says she's dead but also thinks she's alive. She died like 5 times and protected my other girls from getting hit.
It even ended weirdly too; there was a Karin and Kokoro left, but when Kokoro was left with practically 1hp the game stopped counting her as alive and wouldn't let me target her anymore. I killed Karin and the game says I won despite Kokoro still being there.

I've seen some people have that glitch where their character is dead but the discs are still there, but I've never had this variant happen to me before. I remember a similar glitch that happened to me during Tart's event where I had one of the area bosses on little hp left and when I hit the turn limit the game said I won despite the boss still being alive.

Unfortunate that it only happened once and it looks like I'll be getting A ranked again.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2020, 02:18:58 AM »
Welp, Godoka is out, and as suspected, she was gunning for me for some reason. A shame she stripped me of Fujino luck to do it, but 3 slots is nothing to sneeze at.

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2020, 03:08:34 AM »
Goddamn! That's pretty nice.

I've done 54 pulls on her banner so far and have a couple of copies of each of the new memoria which is nice, but she hasn't appeared yet. If she doesn't then I won't be TOO bummed, but I do want her.

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2020, 05:49:39 PM »
Alright, I had to grind out a ton of gems from challenge quests but I got to 100 pulls on Godoka and pulled her. Her transformation animation is gorgeous~

Felis-Licht

• Light Aeon
  • Artist and Writer
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2020, 07:29:26 PM »
Alright, I had to grind out a ton of gems from challenge quests but I got to 100 pulls on Godoka and pulled her. Her transformation animation is gorgeous~
I'm still torn on whether to pull for her or not. I'd really like Homura and the NA girl, but if either of them don't come after hers then I thought I'd try for her, but then I'd probably feel wasteful for doing that. I just don't know... :-\

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2020, 11:16:23 PM »
I knew there was a chance this was going to happen once I maxed out the memoria slots on some of my 4*s, but I pulled a fifth Sayaka from the free ten-pull yesterday. Oops!

Felis-Licht

• Light Aeon
  • Artist and Writer
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2020, 01:13:29 AM »
I decided to roll on Kanagi's banner since Riko's next rather than Homura/Ashley (NA girl.) Got Kanagi in 23 tickets ;D decided to roll again for an extra slot and I got Karin instead at 93... :(
I mean, I'm not exactly complaining since I actually have a better Fire girl now and got at least one of the event memoria for grinding, but I wish I could've gotten that extra slot.

The NA Twitter account released a vid showing off some of Ashley's voice lines and animations today: https://twitter.com/MagiaRecordEN/status/1239657993807028224?s=20
Word on the street is that the reason why we're getting NA exclusive characters is because we might not be getting the Monogatari collab and its girls.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2020, 08:16:54 AM »
Ugh, these last few challenge areas are painful. Uwasa of the Flower Speaker in the top path of C10, four Shadow Rikos with pursuit capability as C10 boss, Candy lurking in the bottom path of C11 packing Poison/Blind/Ailment Slayer...

Even though every node is static, there's always the chance you'll wander into a boss enemy of a bad element without knowing.

I don't think I'm going to roll for Ashley. I'm running on significantly fewer resources than I did with Madokami, and I don't like my odds after that nonsense.

Felis-Licht

• Light Aeon
  • Artist and Writer
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2020, 04:01:48 AM »
Ugh, these last few challenge areas are painful. Uwasa of the Flower Speaker in the top path of C10, four Shadow Rikos with pursuit capability as C10 boss, Candy lurking in the bottom path of C11 packing Poison/Blind/Ailment Slayer...

Even though every node is static, there's always the chance you'll wander into a boss enemy of a bad element without knowing.

I don't think I'm going to roll for Ashley. I'm running on significantly fewer resources than I did with Madokami, and I don't like my odds after that nonsense.
Can't even grind this event, I just cleared up to area 10 so I got and maxed the memoria, then spent what I had on tickets. Not even motivated to try because I prefer grinding in the background rather than having to continuously select things slowly.

Been spending most of my grinding on leveling up all of my girls to episode lv. 5 for gems, and getting a few jars because I also wanted to get Kanagi's doppel (which I managed to accomplish today ;D). I think I'll take the bait and roll for Ashley; Homura will come and go another day, Ashley is a novelty I really want atm and I hope what I have left is enough to get her once because if I get another Tsukuyo again I'll riot
Though it sucks that she won't have a doppel on release, but I'm hoping it'll come soon like it did for some of the other girls on the JP side.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2020, 04:23:05 AM »
wait wait wait wait hold the fire trucking phone

Ashley is a fire trucking A 2Bv 2Bh nuker. 1A4B0C.

She's changing the meta overnight, isn't she...

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2020, 05:04:36 AM »
Woah, that can happen? Is that precedented on JP at all?

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2020, 06:21:22 AM »
Ashley is the first to have a deck with only two disk types.

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2020, 06:32:07 AM »
Am I the only one who's really bad at evaluating when memoria are good? Is Kyubey Knight Ride Forth good? I think it is, right? I have a lot of copies of I Made Friends and My Bible that are unmerged because I don't really have better options, but I think I'm probably overlooking some solid options and just excessively relying on a few that I know are good.

Also, has anyone else tried There Are Totally 4 of Me? I have it on my Sayaka right now and I can't decide if I like it. My formation is plain ol' Brave Echelon and she's not in the center which means it's definitely not being used optimally since it always gets popped by stray blast attacks, but I feel like I don't really have any other viable defense-boosting memoria.

Felis-Licht

• Light Aeon
  • Artist and Writer
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2020, 04:54:15 PM »
Am I the only one who's really bad at evaluating when memoria are good? Is Kyubey Knight Ride Forth good? I think it is, right? I have a lot of copies of I Made Friends and My Bible that are unmerged because I don't really have better options, but I think I'm probably overlooking some solid options and just excessively relying on a few that I know are good.

Also, has anyone else tried There Are Totally 4 of Me? I have it on my Sayaka right now and I can't decide if I like it. My formation is plain ol' Brave Echelon and she's not in the center which means it's definitely not being used optimally since it always gets popped by stray blast attacks, but I feel like I don't really have any other viable defense-boosting memoria.
I hear Kyubey Knight is good, better than Friends even according to Tumblr: https://magiamemoria.tumblr.com/post/613584259282845696/kyubey-knight-rides-forth-obtainability-limited, but personally I didn't see the difference when I used it on my main gal Kanoko compared to My Bible (unless I'm using it wrong). I recommend The Mao Family memoria if you want good defense.

I got exactly 1 Ashley and it cost me everything I had saved up to hit pity just once. But I did get some 4* memoria too which was even more worth it at least. Her lines are pretty amusing, though she sounds pretty monotonous and too cutesy imo
« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 05:20:17 PM by Felis-Licht »

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2020, 01:50:19 AM »
The big issue with 4 Of Me is that you basically have to pair it with powerful regen Memoria to make it continue to work effectively, and the enemy has to take their attention off of the user to get that health back. Typically you don't get that chance in Mirrors; the AI tends to gang up on girls until they('re supposed to) die.

It tries to be the defensive variant of Perfectly Imbalanced, but suffers the exact same problem; odds are, you're getting only one hit out of it.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 02:08:22 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2020, 05:07:10 AM »
The point of Me x4 is that in a mirror match, the AI just looks for whoever's gonna take the most damage from a disc (with consideration for expected deaths and not counting Damage Cut bonuses), and MeX4 provides SO much defense boost that with it at lv50, whoever you give it to will probably be targetted LAST provided you don't position them in blasting range of someone else.

So you don't use it because defense so much as to game the AI to not attack a certain girl first. (So, it pairs pretty well with Perfectly Imbalanced if you're short on good offensive memoria) Since it also provides Damage Cut which is usually better than defense, it's probably the best defensive option apart from the taunt+def memo Sunlight Shining Down. (It'll also give notably more attack than 3* defense stat options)

I'd rather just equipment the strongest offensive memorias I have, but it probably has use in some situations. And yes, Kyuubey Knight is one of the best passive memos. A charge-boosted blast disk does a looot of damage in mirrors with Charge Up bonus, and it's got +25% attack and good stat split. If you're using a puella combo, charges do as much damage as accele, so it's pure profit. A maxed My Bible is also pretty good so you wouldn't notice a huge difference, but it's probably a little better due to Charge Up, plus do you already have more than enough lv50 offensive memos?!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 05:09:38 AM by Serela »

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2020, 09:08:57 PM »
I feel real dumb for not noticing how good Our Story Starts Here is in this event. It didn't occur to me to use it at all until one of the roommates mentioned he had been using for farming. And yeah, putting it on Madoka makes a huge difference... I guess I've been doing this the hard way so far.  ;D

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2020, 10:02:06 AM »
Welp, coolmura is up next... ripperoni anyone who wanted both Ashley and her.

Felis-Licht

• Light Aeon
  • Artist and Writer
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2020, 07:57:36 AM »
Welp, coolmura is up next... ripperoni anyone who wanted both Ashley and her.
I regret nothing for Homura will be rerun again in the future like the Madokami I skipped out on. Might try to roll for her anyway if I feel ballsy enough.

commandercool

• altered ego
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2020, 05:04:06 AM »
Man, this current event is kinda hard. Not too hard, but I've game overed several times. Fortunately it's not time gated in anyway so there's no chance I'll miss out on finishing it, but the difficulty level overall seems like it's the highest of any regular event so far (excluding the tower ones obviously).

Also, the new bosses have amazing animations.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• YouTube
    • Steam
« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2020, 06:23:33 AM »
Man, this current event is kinda hard. Not too hard, but I've game overed several times. Fortunately it's not time gated in anyway so there's no chance I'll miss out on finishing it, but the difficulty level overall seems like it's the highest of any regular event so far (excluding the tower ones obviously).

Also, the new bosses have amazing animations.
CHOMP

And yeah, I'm getting wrecked in the sub missions. Shadow Holy Quintet, argh...

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2020, 03:11:05 PM »
April 13th Maintennance:
  • The Rest Of Chapter 9
  • Another Story 9
  • Mirrors Layer Chapter Release Again
  • NAGISA is releasing, as if ANYONE has any gems left LMAO
  • Even though Felicia uncapped like ten days ago we're getting TWO UNCAPS CRAMMED INTO EACHOTHER LOL HELLO ASUKA/ORIKO

NA Tempo going off the rails y'all