Author Topic: TH10.5 | TH12.3 Screenshots  (Read 5411 times)

TH10.5 | TH12.3 Screenshots
« on: August 31, 2022, 04:24:32 AM »
I'm sure I'm just being silly, as I'm certain they're just Photoshopped, but is there any chance that any of these games got all these characters? Maybe they got updated, I don't know T-T

Mokou looks legit, she even has her own spellcards and moves on these:

In case it's a MOD or MUGEN, where can I download it, please?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 04:29:52 AM by arukaizer »

Re: TH10.5 | TH12.3 Screenshots
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2022, 07:31:19 AM »
Those are some impressive fakes, but they are definitely fake - the only character who was ever added to an IaMP-era fighting game post-release was Meiling, who was added into IaMP some time after the game came out. There's an entire subgenre of fanart devoted to imitating Alphes' art style, and the spritework probably has a similar amount of imitators. As for whether there is actual gameplay tied to these screenshots and gifs, you're probably better asking a MUGEN forum, for I have no idea. Given that doesn't look like a MUGEN UI though, I doubt it.

deice

• minus mentality
    • 
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2022, 09:58:34 AM »
the character select screenshots i'm not quite sure about, but the gameplay gifs are actually real! they're from a mod for hisoutensoku which you can download here.

however, i believe most of the custom characters the mod features are practically reskins instead of entire new characters. maybe a few small mechanical/technical changes but that's about it.

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2022, 05:47:13 PM »
Aah! These are still my favorite fighting games of Touhou. I would love so much if they kept adding new characters officially.

Thank you for clarifying.

OkuuFallout

• Master of Molecul- I mean atoms. Master of Atoms
    • Twitter
    • 東方偽現実 〜 Cruelty of Verisimilar Existence - An in-progress Yukari fanfiction
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2022, 06:44:53 PM »
Aah! These are still my favorite fighting games of Touhou. I would love so much if they kept adding new characters officially.

Thank you for clarifying.

Adding new characters in ANY Touhou game post-release is something ZUN or Tasofro has never done. The only times Touhou games are updated is for gameplay patches, and I don't think they'll do it in a game from 2009 anyway.