Author Topic: Fairy Quest (Finished! Q&A Open.)  (Read 359 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Unedited Bear

  • The Author
  • I'm just here to write.
Fairy Quest (Finished! Q&A Open.)
« on: September 12, 2020, 06:26:22 AM »
>You are a fairy.

>Of what kind you're not quite sure, but you have some pretty neat wings, and a lot of time to figure that out! The problem with time is that you need to find some way to spend it, and this year has been so boring! There haven't been any big incidents for as long as you can remember, which isn't very long, but still! Boredom and a fairy mix as well as oil and fire, which is what you tried to do before being hit over the head by that gate guard. Stupid, mean gate guard. She always gets in the way of the best ideas!

>So you pass the time glaring daggers at her, and at her big stupid house, and the stupid fairies that go in and out with the stupid dresses and buckets and...

>Wait. Fairies?

> Oh, today may just be interesting, after all!

>You are a fairy, and today is the day you prove yourself the best by sneaking into the SDM! First things first, you need a way in. Stealing a uniform would be the best way, but you're pretty sure that you could get in if you waited for someone else to distract the gate guard...

>_
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 04:40:04 AM by Unedited Bear »

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Fairy Quest
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2020, 06:36:27 AM »
>What is our name?
>What is our quest?
>What is our favorite color?


>Check chest for usual growths.
>What's the most complex danmaku we can do?
>Do we know anyone of note aside from the dumb guard? If so, what is our relationship with them?

Unedited Bear

  • The Author
  • I'm just here to write.
Re: Fairy Quest
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2020, 06:53:01 AM »
>Your name has been your most constant companion, brought with you ever since you ended up tossed into this land nearly... uh... some time ago! Your name is... JACK!

>...

>Ok, you can't remember your real name. It's been a long time since you even thought about it, and unlike Cirno, you don't go shouting it from the rooftops every chance you get. You've bee calling yourself jack, after a friendly human who made you the nifty bandana you wear around your neck.

>Your quest is to break into the SDM and free yourself from the chains of boredom!

>You're fond of brown and grey.

>Chest is flat as one of those pancake things that you saw the maid bringing out to the gate guard once. They looked flat, yet fluffy. A real mystery they were.

>Not very! You were never the kind to throw out patterns. You liked the incidents with the oni girl and the celestial, cause all you had to do was punch people! You're good at punching!

>You know of the maid and the fairies. Other than that, you're flying blind.

>...

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Fairy Quest
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2020, 07:13:21 AM »
>How long have we existed, to the best of our memory?
>Do we know if the mansion is guarded at the back?

Unedited Bear

  • The Author
  • I'm just here to write.
Re: Fairy Quest
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2020, 07:20:44 AM »
>As far as your memory goes, you've been alive and kicking before you had legs to kick. Time is odd for concepts of nature, but if you had to put it how a human would understand, you'd say you came into being around when Gensokyo became a thing. Maybe a handful of hundred years?

>The mansion isn't, but that gate guard is good. She's been able to intercept almost everything that tries to sneak into the mansion.

>Almost.

>Speaking of, it looks like the Black White one is coming in. If she's going to blast her way in, it might be the best time to get inside.

>...

Branneg Xy

  • JHSMI++++
  • +++++TRINSS
    • Branneg Xy
    • LINKEDIN (FREE ACTIVE) PROFILE
  • Gender: Male
Re: Fairy Quest
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2020, 06:32:39 PM »
>As far as your memory goes, you've been alive and kicking before you had legs to kick. Time is odd for concepts of nature, but if you had to put it how a human would understand, you'd say you came into being around when Gensokyo became a thing. Maybe a handful of hundred years?

>The mansion isn't, but that gate guard is good. She's been able to intercept almost everything that tries to sneak into the mansion.

>Almost.

>Speaking of, it looks like the Black White one is coming in. If she's going to blast her way in, it might be the best time to get inside.

>...

> If they are keeping each other busy, silently go aroound and try to sneak from the back-entrance.
1.Avatar is a Miraculous Photo by a modern-Time Desert Father : The Holy Family of Nazareth mystically present during the Host Consacration.
2.(Recommended) http://3-me.net/flashdir/thjan/ ( "Touhou Almost Majhong" Online Flash Game )
3.Youtube Channel : DARCANIX FR-AL-LU-BI  https://www.youtube.com/user/Darcanix.

Unedited Bear

  • The Author
  • I'm just here to write.
Re: Fairy Quest
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2020, 08:35:28 PM »
>It looks like they may just be keeping each other busy there. The black-white has stopped and is doing the normal banter back and forth, something about coming in for a visit, and books. You never paid much attention to what people say before they get into a brawl. No one expects a fairy to run up and deck them while they're monologuing.

>Operation Metal Fairy is a go. From where you were sitting, it was easy to slip behind some trees and out of sight of the gates. Though the wall itself is a bit of a challenge, it doesn't really account for flight. One thing you've learned over the years is that the Gate guard is REALLY good at sensing flying things...if they go too high. There's a sweet spot, just barely above the wrought iron fencing that makes up the top of the wall.

>Slipping through there requires tucking in your wings and diving in, leading to an unceremonious crash landing into what seems like an empty flower bed. The place is yours! Up yours Gate Guard!

[ ]Let's check out the gardens, they look great!
[ ] I've always been curious about what it looked like inside.
 > [ ] Sneak in from on high, like that big tower.
 > [ ] Sneak in from down low, like the windows.
[ ] ...

Spoiler:
I'mma start including options, just because I feel a little more comfortable with offering ideas. The write-in option is still around, if you want to take it.

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Fairy Quest
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2020, 10:50:38 PM »
//Huh, honestly didn't expect the vote format common on Spacebattles and Sufficient Velocity to show up here, especially considering how few active people are in this subforum at any given time.

[X] Let's check out the gardens, they look great!

//Since we already seem to be in the garden area judging from where we crashed, might as well check out our surroundings before infiltrating deeper.

Unedited Bear

  • The Author
  • I'm just here to write.
Re: Fairy Quest
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2020, 12:10:50 AM »
Spoiler:
I actually come from THP, but find their standards a little too much. I have nothing against them, but I just don't feel like I could keep up that level of quality while writing the story I want to write. I would be doing a CYOA, but the quest style does kinda agree with me a little more than I thought!

> Gardens it is! They really are beautiful, and well maintained. You take about half an hour taking int he sights of the flowers, all arranged into a bunch of different patterns and the like. Someone took a lot of time and effort to make each one look better than the last. There's even a little maze, which you accidentally walked into by following the beds of roses. If you were maybe three feet taller, you could probably jump and see over the edges, but that might lead to falling into the rosebed that makes the walls of the maze, and that just sounds painful.

> You could get used to walking around like this though. Feels almost like you're one of those ninjas you hear the kids in the village talk about. Sneaking around, laying traps, that would be cool! Whoever heard of a ninja fairy anyway? No one! No one would expect it!

>Wait, didn't you just come from here? You coulda sworn that you hadn't walked through this cross before.

>Two hours after entering the garden, you may, just maybe, have gotten lost.

>Maybe.

> Never fear, you have a few ideas of how to get out of this without having to take off your shoe and figure out how to prepare it to be edible. If you can. Are those human's 'nukies' edible? What are the even...wait, not the point. Ideas! Right!

>Ideas of getting the hell out of this twisted rose maze of pain and suffering!
[ ] Run through the wall. They all can't stop me!
[ ] Sit down and cry. Someone may find you.
[ ] Run like a madman. You have to find a way out eventually!
[ ] ...

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Fairy Quest
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2020, 12:20:27 AM »
//THP?

[X] Realize how silly we are for thinking about how our height and possibly falling onto the rose bed from jumping is an actual issue considering that we can fly.
-[X] Hover just enough to peek over the roses and find our bearings, and use that to navigate towards an edge.
--[X] Actually, if we think we can manage it: just fly over the maze entirely, it's not like it's taller than the actual wall surrounding the mansion, so it shouldn't attract the gatekeeper if we do so.

Unedited Bear

  • The Author
  • I'm just here to write.
Re: Fairy Quest
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2020, 12:49:10 AM »
Spoiler:
Touhou-project.com

> Being a fairy, logic doesn't come to you often. Exactly how often, is maybe every three or four hours. Exactly why it took you this long till you got the idea of going out and actually using your natural wings to get above the rose beds. Taking a moment to bounce on your feet, you walk down the longest straight line you can find to prep for take off.

> It takes a good run to build up enough speed before you take to the air and run right into a fairy maid who had been obviously shirking her duties by....uh... running into you. Yeah, that makes sense.

>She seemed as surprised as I did to run into someone, especially when she held the book she had in her hands over her face like she was trying to keep anyone from seeing it. "I wasn't sleeping in the maze again, I swear! Please don't tell Sakuya!" She cried, starting to blubber and sob like she knew what she was doing was wrong.

>It...it's actually kinda sad.

[ ] You didn't see me, I didn't see you.
[ ] Stand up straight, hold your head high!
[ ] I'll... just be going to the mansion proper. KayThanksBye.
[ ] ...
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 12:57:00 AM by Unedited Bear »

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Fairy Quest
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2020, 12:56:12 AM »
//Assuming no write-in this time?
//Also is the second option an action applying to us, or is that supposed to be dialogue?

Unedited Bear

  • The Author
  • I'm just here to write.
Re: Fairy Quest
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2020, 12:59:02 AM »
(Whoops, my bad. All three are dialogue, and honestly, I'm just using this as a 'hey see what I can do' intro, and to have some fun with it. The plan is to make this a short, then do a longer one later.)

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Fairy Quest
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2020, 01:09:05 AM »
[X] You didn't see me, I didn't see you.
-[X] Try to calm her down first, though. Assure her that we're not gonna squeal on her.
--[X] When all that is done: "I'm Jack by the way, what's your name?"

Unedited Bear

  • The Author
  • I'm just here to write.
Re: Fairy Quest
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2020, 02:03:06 AM »
> You let her talk for a minute to get all the excuses and blubbering out. It was both a little pathetic and a little endearing. You're pretty sure that she would have kept going and maybe would have forgotten all of this if you had left, but you're just not that kinda guy.

> "Hey hey, it's ok You didn't see me here, and I didn't see you, yeah?" You said and put a hand on her arm gently, showing her that you're not a threat to her. She took the book down and sniffled, wiping away a tear. "I'd be in as much trouble as you, so you don't have to worry about that."

> "R-Really?"

> "Really." You say with a smile, trying to disarm her with your natural charm. It seems to work well enough that she puts the book down on her dress and gives a little bow in the air. "So, what's your name? I'm Jack."

> "I'm Dia. A-Are you a guest, or did you get lost?"  She asked.

> Uh oh.

[ ] Guest (Lie)
[ ] Lost (Also Lie)
[ ] Metal Gear Fairy (Truth)
[ ] ...

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Fairy Quest
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2020, 02:29:56 AM »
[X] Metal Gear Fairy
-[X] "Like I said I'd get in as much trouble as you if I told anyone. Perhaps worse since I'm technically not supposed to be here... Ehehe..."

Unedited Bear

  • The Author
  • I'm just here to write.
Re: Fairy Quest
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2020, 03:14:41 AM »
Spoiler:
Wanna know what sucks? A quiz where 49/50 answers to the quiz is A. The other one was a SINGLE B. Psych Professors suck.

> "Neither." You say with confidence that makes this almost seem like it was your plan. "I'm Jack Mastadon, and I'm here to infiltrate the mansion and discover it's secrets." You say, trying to make it sound like you were like one fo those spies you heard of in those stories the humans tell each other around the fire. "You can't tell anyone I'm here or we'll both be in a lot of trouble. Me more so, since I'm...not really supposed to be here. Ehehe..."

> "O-Oh no!" She yelped, looking a bit scared at this...and also a bit excited? Interesting. "W-What does that mean?"

> "It means I need your help to get inside." You say, looking her directly in the eyes, trying to convince her of my full sincerity.

> "Ok!" She said cheerfully and showed me to a back door.

> Well, that was interesting. and I'm inside now!

> "What do we do now?" Dia asked hopefully.

[ ] Let's raid the kitchen!
[ ] To the bedrooms!
[ ] Prank the mistress!
[ ] To the basement!
[ ] ...


> [ ] With Dia
> [ ] Without Dia

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Fairy Quest
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2020, 03:23:06 AM »
Spoiler:
Wanna know what sucks? A quiz where 49/50 answers to the quiz is A. The other one was a SINGLE B. Psych Professors suck.
//lol employing psychological warfare on students.

[X] Ask Dia what the easiest interesting place to get to without being spotted would be. She works here so she should have some knowledge, right?
-[X] Let Dia decide whether or not she wants to come with us. She has no obligation to continue helping us, after all, plus she already voiced her concerns about getting in trouble.

Unedited Bear

  • The Author
  • I'm just here to write.
Re: Fairy Quest
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2020, 04:14:54 AM »
> "So, where would I be least likely to be spotted if I wanted to look around?"

> "Uh..." She mumbled, putting a hand to her chin and rubbing it gently. "The best place would be in the basement! No one would look for someone down there!" She said, looking happy as a clam. What even was a clam? You're pretty sure you met a clam youkai once, but you have no idea what a clam actually is. They didn't seem that happy...

> Oh right. Infiltrating the mansion. Stay on task.

> "Alright, I'm going to head down there. Are you going to come with? You're kinda my partner in crime at this point." You offer her the chance to come with you, but she shakes her head, shoulder-length hair fanning out as she did.

> "We're not allowed down there for some reason, but I can show you to the door!" She said, starting down the hall and taking the first left every time we came to a cross in the hall. It makes your head spin after a few times of going in a circle before you both came to a heavy stone door, marked with runes and some symbols I didn't recognize. I waved to Dia as she opened the door for me, and she waved back as the light of the hall winked out from the door shut.

> "If you come back out, I'll treat you to tea Jack!" You hear her say outside the door, before hearing the faintest of footsteps leading away.

> Well, you're alone, it's kinda dark, but this place is HUGE. You think you could fly for hours, and still not find another way out, if there even was another way out.

> Huh, what's that noise? Sounds like a crystal wind chime.

[ ] ... What do?

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Fairy Quest
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2020, 05:20:39 AM »
[X] "Uh... Hello...? Anyone there...?"

Unedited Bear

  • The Author
  • I'm just here to write.
Re: Fairy Quest
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2020, 05:56:03 AM »
> "Uh...Hello?" You call out, the darkness seeming to come closer as if it was greeting you. It almost beckoned you, the stifling air of the mansion's cellar seeming to grow warmer as you start walking into the darkness.  "Anyone there?" You ask, getting no response other than a rush of wind and the creeping feeling that I have made a grave mistake.

> Walking deeper into the darkness, you have to jump a few times, chunks of rocks and different broken toys littering the floor every few feet. They seemed to have been tossed haphazardly or dropped wherever they had been broken. A few looked interesting, but it was hard to tell what anything really was, each one being as burnt or snapped somewhere near the middle.

> "Huh, From how Dia talked about down here I would have thought it was danger-"

> "Hi!" Blonde girl. Crystal wings. Sharp fangs. Slavic squat. Manic Smile.

[ ] panic
[ ] Panic
[ ] PANIC
[ ] PANIC!!!
[ ] FOR THE LOVE OF CIRNO PANIC!

Spoiler:
To anyone reading, but not commenting, I will try to put together different ideas if people post them. More votes feed my soul, and honestly, it's nice to have more people talking.

And the option is for degree of panic. Panic is inevitable.

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Fairy Quest
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2020, 06:44:08 AM »
and honestly, it's nice to have more people talking.
//Indeed, it's quite lonely to be the only player aside from the GM. Especially in a vote based format...

[X] panic

Unedited Bear

  • The Author
  • I'm just here to write.
Re: Fairy Quest
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2020, 06:22:37 PM »
>Panic welled in my throat, the same white knuckle terror that a small animal gets when confronted with a preditor. Fairies tend to be the lower rungs of the food chain, with almost everything happy to rip them apart.

> You're a bit better than most at holding the panic down, though the girl seemed to notice something was off, either from your face or the stiff posture you adopted.

> "You're not supposed to be here." She said casually, standing up and looking down at you, her hair down and loose around her shoulders. She shook it out and walked around you, looking like she was sizing up a piece of meat. "A fairy maid you are not." She said it like it was a matter of the weather.

> "I-I'm not." I gulped, trying to remove the lump in my throat. It wasn't working all that well, with the constant circling of the blonde vampire wasn't helping.

> "Why would a fairy like you come down here? Looking for the monster in the basement?" She asked, her tone still as casual as if talking about the weather.

[ ] I'm a fairy of action and heard of a maiden was trapped here
[ ] Yeah, I'm here for the monster. Is that you?
[ ] Oktimetogonicemeetingyoubye!
[ ] ...

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Fairy Quest
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2020, 11:47:54 PM »
[X] "...There's a monster down here?"
-[X] Look around as calm as we can because we're totally not scared of the thought. Totally.

Unedited Bear

  • The Author
  • I'm just here to write.
Re: Fairy Quest
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2020, 01:51:28 AM »
> "There's a monster down here?" You ask, feigning ignorance as best you can before looking around like you had heard something. "I didn't know there was a monster down here. Have you seen them? Have you fought them?" You ask, stepping closer to her and looking behind her, Still swallowing the feeling of utter, all-consuming terror.

> She seemed to take this with a level of confusion equal to your terror. Her eyes darted back and forth, doing mental math at what you were saying. She mumbled a few things under her breath before something seemed to click in her brain. "Y-You don't know who I am?"

> "Not a clue." You say, not lying exactly. You'd heard tales of the girl in the basement of the mansion, but not much more than she was dangerous and lightly insane.

> "O-Oh... Um...D-Do you want to play a game? I-I haven't had someone down here for a long time." She said, almost bashful now. Huh, she didn't seem as dangerous anymore. Those stories musta been mean rumors!

[ ] Sure!
> [ ] Suggest a game

[ ] I think I should be going.
[ ] ...

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Fairy Quest
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2020, 02:07:42 AM »
//Hmm... trying to think of a game that wouldn't encourage brutal murder... Would any lurkers have any suggestions/like to jump in?

Re: Fairy Quest
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2020, 03:46:32 AM »
//Shiritori should be a non-murdery game.

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Fairy Quest
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2020, 04:46:36 AM »
//Shiritori should be a non-murdery game.
//Shiriwhatnow?

Re: Fairy Quest
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2020, 04:24:32 PM »
//It's a Japanese game. In English, one person says a word (such as Bird) and the next person has to say a word starting with the last letter (D, so could be Dancing). You play until someone can't think of a word or says a wrong word. Usually there's additional rules such as you can't say a word already said, or you can't say a word ending in X.

Branneg Xy

  • JHSMI++++
  • +++++TRINSS
    • Branneg Xy
    • LINKEDIN (FREE ACTIVE) PROFILE
  • Gender: Male
Re: Fairy Quest
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2020, 07:06:58 PM »
// If at all possibile, this is an attempt to not make Flandre feel Bored or Imposed Upon halway-through, with herself then quite possibly "forcing for an amusement relief with avmore exciting/rough/dangerous usual-ish Game", since her preferences and some of her character were considered at all //

>[X ] Sure!

>[ X] First ask her to tell and  describe you her gaming preferences...

> [ X]... then Suggest to combine the least dangerous and rough one, but if there is none forego the combination,with    " Shiritori/Word Association"
1.Avatar is a Miraculous Photo by a modern-Time Desert Father : The Holy Family of Nazareth mystically present during the Host Consacration.
2.(Recommended) http://3-me.net/flashdir/thjan/ ( "Touhou Almost Majhong" Online Flash Game )
3.Youtube Channel : DARCANIX FR-AL-LU-BI  https://www.youtube.com/user/Darcanix.