Author Topic: Magicians' Journey (A Patchouli Quest. Pokemon crossover.)  (Read 55678 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Magicians' Journey (A Patchouli Quest. Pokemon crossover.)
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2020, 11:53:25 PM »
>"The library is a safe place for dangerous books. Where would you rather have them, in some bookstore in the Human Village?"
>Marisa opens her mouth to retort, before realizing something.
>"...You know, considering what Kosuzu likes to collect, I actually wouldn't be surprised if there were some there already..."

> In a stereotypical "smart person" tone:
> "You'd actually be way more effective at learning if you followed some sort of order in your training...  Throwing around spells or in this case books which are still beyond your comprehension just to see what happens isn't very didactic after all.

> "Sure you witness the effect but learn nothing about the underlying mechanics which would enable you to use it at its fullest potential or more importantly, effectively counter it"

> "And thats why these books are kept in a well ordered library, so they can be located and referenced when needed in one's studies"
>"You know, not everything has to be absolutely by-the-book, ze." Marisa rolls her eyes, "How much farther is this lab place anyway?"

>_

Tom

  • *
Re: Magicians' Journey (A Patchouli Quest. Pokemon crossover.)
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2020, 01:02:24 AM »
> "Funny hearing that from someone who likes books so much..."

> "I don't know, this town is pretty big"

> Proceed walking in the direction we were told to find the lab, taking note of anything interresting occuring along the way

> Make sure we dodge those metal carriages if any come our way (which shouldn't be a problem for a Gensokyan).

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Magicians' Journey (A Patchouli Quest. Pokemon crossover.)
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2020, 02:15:11 AM »
> "Funny hearing that from someone who likes books so much..."

> "I don't know, this town is pretty big"

> Proceed walking in the direction we were told to find the lab, taking note of anything interresting occuring along the way

> Make sure we dodge those metal carriages if any come our way (which shouldn't be a problem for a Gensokyan).
>You continue walking. Thankfully, the carriages seem to stick to only certain parts of the road and are rather infrequent, so positioning yourself in a manner where they won't be able to hit you is simple enough. Along the way, you don't see anything new aside from a pair of humans walking alongside a doglike creature with poofy, white fur.

>Eventually, you notice a rather distinct looking building on the left. It's shorter than the buildings surrounding it, and the front of the property seems to be enclosed by a metal fence. At the center of this fence is a path flanked by two pillars topped with statues that resemble the spherical objects those teenagers were using.
>_


Tom

  • *
Re: Magicians' Journey (A Patchouli Quest. Pokemon crossover.)
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2020, 03:13:17 AM »
> "It appears we have arrived at the right place..."

> Proceed through the gate

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Magicians' Journey (A Patchouli Quest. Pokemon crossover.)
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2020, 04:22:17 AM »
> "It appears we have arrived at the right place..."

> Proceed through the gate
>You proceed past the pillars and enter the structure.

>You're immediately treated to the sight of a large room with blue walls. Off to your right is some kind of lounge area, while in front of you is a conspicuous looking grey box thing with a door on the front. Next to it is a panel with a button on it.

>To your left is a counter manned by a lone woman. She gives you a warm smiles as the three of you enter the building.

>"Welcome to the Sycamore Pokemon Laboratory." she greets, "How can I assist you today?"
>_

Tom

  • *
Re: Magicians' Journey (A Patchouli Quest. Pokemon crossover.)
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2020, 07:12:44 PM »
> Respond "We would like to see the professor"

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Magicians' Journey (A Patchouli Quest. Pokemon crossover.)
« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2020, 07:56:06 PM »
> Respond "We would like to see the professor"
>"I see, do you have an appointment?"

>"Er... Did we need one?" Marisa questions.

>"Well, not necessarily, but it would help you get into a meeting with the professor in a timely manner if you did." The woman explains as she checks something on a device off to her left.
>"Hmm... He doesn't appear to have any ongoing meetings at the moment, so it seems like you can go right ahead." she smiles, "You can find his office on the third floor, I'll let him know to expect the three of you."

>"That's great." Alice nods, "Where are the stairs?"

>The woman blinks, "Well they're around the corner if you wish to use them, though most people just take the elevator in the back."
>_

Tom

  • *
Re: Magicians' Journey (A Patchouli Quest. Pokemon crossover.)
« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2020, 08:30:29 PM »
// If we don't know about the elevator from the Moriya shrine to the nuclear reactor:
> Look a bit puzzled about that last bit reagrding that 'elevator' thing
> Proceed to the stairs and walk up to the third floor

// Otherwise
> "Sure thing!"
> Proceed to said elevator and hit 3

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Magicians' Journey (A Patchouli Quest. Pokemon crossover.)
« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2020, 09:33:24 PM »
// If we don't know about the elevator from the Moriya shrine to the nuclear reactor:
> Look a bit puzzled about that last bit reagrding that 'elevator' thing
> Proceed to the stairs and walk up to the third floor
>You seem a bit puzzled at the woman's remark, but nonetheless you thank her for the information and proceed around the corner.
>The stairs are partitioned off by a door, as if to discourage people from taking them. Upon passing through, you find yourself at the bottom of a spiral of steps.
>You then ascend, opting to float just above the steps, as it would surely be detrimental to your health to actually walk up three flights of stairs, and you could get away with it due to Alice and Marisa being the only witnesses.

>You eventually reach the top and enter a carpeted room, there is a conspicuous square hole in the floor off to the left, with an identical button panel as the one next to the grey box-like object from the first floor positioned right next to it. In the center of the hole are a pair of cables, which disappear into some mechanism in the ceiling.

>To your right, the room opens up into a mostly unfurnished space save for a couple of desks and a bookshelf. It's here that you notice a man in a white coat, with black hair done in a peculiar haircut standing there, seemingly expecting you.

>"You know, most people take the elevator." he smiles, "Though that being said, I suppose some people value the extra physical exercise."

>You notice Marisa snicker while glancing in your direction. Alice promptly elbows her in response.
>_

Tom

  • *
Re: Magicians' Journey (A Patchouli Quest. Pokemon crossover.)
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2020, 09:54:59 PM »
> Smile at his remark

> "We hear you are an expert on 'pokemon' in this region, and since we're new to the region we would like to learn more about the 'pokemon' here"

> "Oh, and we should intruduce ourselves, I'm Patchy"
> Point/wave at Alice and Marisa for them to intruduce themselves

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Magicians' Journey (A Patchouli Quest. Pokemon crossover.)
« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2020, 10:46:20 PM »
> Smile at his remark

> "We hear you are an expert on 'pokemon' in this region, and since we're new to the region we would like to learn more about the 'pokemon' here"

> "Oh, and we should intruduce ourselves, I'm Patchy"
> Point/wave at Alice and Marisa for them to intruduce themselves
>"I'm Marisa Kirisame." Marisa flashes a cocky smirk, "And just so you know I'm the best out of all of--OW!"
>"Please ignore her." Alice frowns as she delivers another elbow to the black-white, "I'm Alice, by the way. Alice Margatroid."

>"It's nice to meet the three of you," the man smiles, "I am Augustine Sycamore, the Kalos region's Pokemon Professor and a specialist in pokemon evolution and change. Alors, you want to know more about Kalos's pokemon, correct? Is there anything in particular you wish to know?"
>_

Tom

  • *
Re: Magicians' Journey (A Patchouli Quest. Pokemon crossover.)
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2020, 12:23:28 AM »
> "We would like to know if they differ from others region's 'pokemon' in their abilities or specialties, and if so in what ways?"

> "Oh and we'd also like to know about Kalos' 'Gym Challenge' and 'Pokedex'"

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Magicians' Journey (A Patchouli Quest. Pokemon crossover.)
« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2020, 05:38:13 AM »
> "We would like to know if they differ from others region's 'pokemon' in their abilities or specialties, and if so in what ways?"

> "Oh and we'd also like to know about Kalos' 'Gym Challenge' and 'Pokedex'"
>"The Gym Challenge? So you're interested in taking on the Kalos Pokemon League, are you? Well, it's more or less the same as the Gym Challenge in other regions -- with the exceptions of Alola and Galar, of course -- you travel around the region, challenging the eight Gym Leaders in order to receive their badges. Having all eight badges gives you the right to challenge the Elite Four for a chance to battle the League Champion." Sycamore explains.
>"As for your other question, it would be much simpler to access information on Kalos's native pokemon through a pokedex or field guide. While I do have the authority to distribute pokedexes as a Pokemon Professor, that tends to be reserved for trainers who are just starting their journey. ...And I assume the three of you already have some pokemon to your name, non?"
>_

Tom

  • *
Re: Magicians' Journey (A Patchouli Quest. Pokemon crossover.)
« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2020, 06:31:18 AM »
> ... that accent, does it remind us of anything?

> Cheerful, somewhat embarassed expression
> "Well about that... we're actually looking to become 'trainers'!'
> "Even if we're a little older than average, since we weren't really into it when we were younger'
> Enthousiastically "And what would be a better way to start than having an aventure during our stay in Kalos!"
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 06:38:24 AM by Tom »

Tom

  • *
Re: Magicians' Journey (A Patchouli Quest. Pokemon crossover.)
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2020, 06:39:24 AM »
// Put this in a new post so it creates a prompt when submitting

> "We'd also like to take this opportunity to learn more about 'pokemon', as we're a group of traveling stage magicians and it would be exciting to research how this pokemon could help in tricks and illusions"

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Magicians' Journey (A Patchouli Quest. Pokemon crossover.)
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2020, 07:19:38 AM »
> ... that accent, does it remind us of anything?
>You think.
>It certainly sounds somewhat familiar... Definitely European if you were to guess... Perhaps French?

> Cheerful, somewhat embarassed expression
> "Well about that... we're actually looking to become 'trainers'!'
> "Even if we're a little older than average, since we weren't really into it when we were younger'
> Enthousiastically "And what would be a better way to start than having an aventure during our stay in Kalos!"
>Marisa seems to try to hold in a laugh at seeing you acting "enthusiastically", much to your annoyance.
>Sycamore examines the three of you with a look of equal parts curiosity and amusement, "I see... Well, it's not often that we have late bloomers come in here, but I say that it's never too late to start your pokemon journey."

> "We'd also like to take this opportunity to learn more about 'pokemon', as we're a group of traveling stage magicians and it would be exciting to research how this pokemon could help in tricks and illusions"
>"Ah, well if it's tricks and illusions, I would suggest looking into Ghost and Psychic type pokemon, both of which are quite capable of performing such feats. We also have a population of Zoroark -- a Dark type with an innate mastery over illusions -- here in Kalos, though they are rather rare and tend to only occur in the southeastern parts of the region."

>"Now, since the three of you plan to start your pokemon journeys, I assume you're familiar with the starter pokemon we offer here in Kalos?"

>"No, I don't believe we are." Alice speaks.

>"Ah, well, here in Kalos we have our native species of starters: The Grass type, Chespin, the Fire type Fennekin, and the Water type Froakie." he explains, "However, thanks to an agreement with Kanto, we offer a choice of their starters as well. Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle, also Grass, Fire, and Water types respectively. As new trainers with no pokemon to your name, you are allowed to choose one for the six to accompany you on your journey."
>He checks a device on his wrist, "I do believe its actually feeding time for our current batch of starters, so I would say now would be a great time for you to meet them, wouldn't you think?"
>_

Tom

  • *
Re: Magicians' Journey (A Patchouli Quest. Pokemon crossover.)
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2020, 07:41:58 AM »
> "That would be great!"

> Follow the professor

> Contemplate the choice we're given, which element of the three do we feel most comfortable with?  We're an elemental magician and all, but do we feel we have a 'special connection' to one of said elements or are we equal in all?. We might have an easier timee understanding and bonding with said familiar if our elements match

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Magicians' Journey (A Patchouli Quest. Pokemon crossover.)
« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2020, 08:31:06 AM »
> "That would be great!"

> Follow the professor

> Contemplate the choice we're given, which element of the three do we feel most comfortable with?  We're an elemental magician and all, but do we feel we have a 'special connection' to one of said elements or are we equal in all?. We might have an easier timee understanding and bonding with said familiar if our elements match
>You proceed to follow the professor, contemplating the choice. You're proficient all the elements really, so you could honestly see yourself getting along with any of them.

>The professor leads you around a corner, and into a room that looks closer to the office. However, in the middle of the floor you see six bowls filled with some kind of brown pellets, that six creatures were currently gathered around.

>The first is a brown rodent-like creature with a green, spiked shell covering most of its head and even running down its back. It seems to regard your group with curiosity when you enter the room.

>The second is a blue froglike creature with a mane of white foam around its neck. It too, regards the group, but rather than curiosity it seems to be sizing you up cautiously with its large, yellow eyes.

>Behind them, shying away, is a yellow foxlike creature with large tufts of orange-red fur coming out of its ears. It's gaze lingers on you for a moment, before a blue turtle-like creature suddenly bites one of this hair tufts, causing it to yelp and glare at the creature as it snickers and retreats backwards as the fox retaliates with a small burst of flame.

>Speaking of flames, a lizard-like creature with a flame on its tail suddenly steps in front of all of them, striking poses and puffing its chest in an attempt to make itself look powerful, only to be quickly batted out of the way by the blue turtle, which gives an equally cocky pose only for the angry lizard to suddenly tackle it to the floor and start a small quirrel.

>The last creature is a green froglike thing with a plant bulb on its back. Unlike the others, it seems more interested in the brown pellets than anything else, sparing your group a quick glance as it nonchalantly munches away at them.

>"Quite the lively little bunch, are they not?" Sycamore chuckles at their antics, "Anyway, here they are. The three over there are Chespin, Froakie, and Fennekin." he indicates the rodent, fox, and frog as he speaks, "And the others are Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle." he points out the bulb frog, lizard, and turtle as the latter two separate from their little spat.

>"So we get to take one of these, ze?" Marisa asks.

>"Of course, but only one each." Sycamore nods, "We have to save some for any other trainers that come for their first pokemon, after all... So, which ones would you like?"

>"Hmm... Since Patchouli led us this far, I think we should let her make her choice first." Alice thinks for a moment, "I mean, it's the least we could do for her, right Marisa?"

>Marisa looks like she's about to protest as Sycamore raises an eyebrow, but she ultimately relents, "...Yeah, I guess that's fair. Go ahead Patchy, pick one and Alice and I will choose from what's left."

>_

//QM Note: The starter choice is meant to be a big decision, so I will hold off an entire day (two if nobody other than Tom posts within 24 hours) before updating again, mostly to give the less active players (Namely Branneg and O4rfish, who have posted in this quest at least once before. Plus Withering if they ever decide to come back.) a chance to catch up and discuss/vote on which starter to choose.

//Additionally, if any lurkers would like to join in at this time, you are welcome to do so.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 09:08:21 AM by Evil_Nazgul0616 »

Tom

  • *
Re: Magicians' Journey (A Patchouli Quest. Pokemon crossover.)
« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2020, 04:42:03 PM »
> "How cute!  What are their names?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Magicians' Journey (A Patchouli Quest. Pokemon crossover.)
« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2020, 08:17:46 PM »
> "How cute!  What are their names?"
//Parsing this since it's not a starter choice related action. Aside from that my previous statement stands.

>"None of them have one." Sycamore explains, "Though, when they're yours, as their trainer you have the option to give them one."
>_

Tom

  • *
Re: Magicians' Journey (A Patchouli Quest. Pokemon crossover.)
« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2020, 10:08:25 PM »
> Take a moment to observe

> "Could I have Fennekin as a starter?"

Re: Magicians' Journey (A Patchouli Quest. Pokemon crossover.)
« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2020, 10:31:01 PM »
//That's good unless Marisa takes the squirtle.

Tom

  • *
Re: Magicians' Journey (A Patchouli Quest. Pokemon crossover.)
« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2020, 10:48:23 PM »
// I bet Alice will pick whats strong against ours (she values efficiency and effectiveness) whereas Marisa will pick the coolest looking one (even if its weak/neutral against our starter), after all what's magic if it isn't flashy

// My motivation behind choosing Fennekin is that our signature spell (besides Philosopher Stone) is Royal Flare, a sun/fire type spell, and foxes are some of the stronger Youkai in gensokyo, which Patchouli would certainly find familiar.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 10:52:36 PM by Tom »

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Magicians' Journey (A Patchouli Quest. Pokemon crossover.)
« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2020, 08:57:15 PM »
> Take a moment to observe
>You take a moment to observe. Bulbasaur still seems to have little to no interest in anything around it aside from the food, while Chespin is now regarding Alice's dolls with curiosity. Froakie continues to silently judge the three of you as Fennekin peers out from behind it. Charmander, meanwhile, is continuing to strike poses in an attempt to bring more attention to itself, which Squirtle promptly hijacks at any any opportunity, mostly by copying Charmander's shows of bravado and putting its own spin on it whenever it can.

>After a moment, you make your choice.

> "Could I have Fennekin as a starter?"
>"Kin?" the fox in question tilts its head, seemingly surprised that it's being picked. But it starts wagging its tail nonetheless.
>"Of course." Sycamore nods, "In fact, it actually might be perfect for what you're planning, considering it gains the Psychic type upon reaching its final form."

>"In that case..." Marisa seems to be glancing in the direction of Charmander and Squirtle, deep in thought. Both starters seem to have noticed this as well and begin watching her in anticipation.
>"Hmm... tough choice, but I think I'll go with Squirtle, ze. I think I like his style. Er... it is a he, right?"
>"Correct. In fact, the Fennekin and Bulbasaur are the only females in this batch." Sycamore explains.

>During the conversation Chespin seems to have moved closer to Alice's dolls, and the three of them seem to be interacting playfully with each other. Alice seems to consider the scene for a moment, before smiling slightly.
>"I believe my choice just made itself for me." she comments.
>Sycamore chuckles, "Yes, I do believe so. Interesting dolls of yours, by the way, I assume they're related to the stage magician act?"
>"Ah yes," Alice holds out a hand towards the dolls, casting some magic threads from the rings on her fingers that cause both dolls to jolt and stand rigid straight when they make contact, vanishing a second later. To the untrained eye it would appear as if light simply glinted off of a set of previously invisible threads, "I'm quite a skilled puppeter, you see..."

>"Ah." he nods, "If not for the threads I would've assumed they were being controlled psychically. Anyway, I'm going to fetch their pokeballs now. I'll be back shortly, but feel free to get to know your new partners in the meantime."
>_

Tom

  • *
Re: Magicians' Journey (A Patchouli Quest. Pokemon crossover.)
« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2020, 01:49:45 AM »
> Try and crouch down (as best as we can in with our physical condition) to look less intimidating to our new friend
> "Cute!"
> Try and pet Fennekin (moving our hand very slowly), if she seems to hesitate withdraw.

> Anticipate obligatory rival battle initiated by Marisa

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Magicians' Journey (A Patchouli Quest. Pokemon crossover.)
« Reply #85 on: September 24, 2020, 03:16:48 AM »
> Try and crouch down (as best as we can in with our physical condition) to look less intimidating to our new friend
>You crouch down and allow Fennekin to approach you.

> "Cute!"
> Try and pet Fennekin (moving our hand very slowly), if she seems to hesitate withdraw.
>"Never thought I'd hear that word out of your mouth." Marisa snickers.
>You slowly reach towards the little fox, she does hesitate slightly, causing you to withdraw a bit, only for her to cautiously sniff your hand.
>Within moments, she seems to accept your presence and closes the remaining distance, allowing you to pet her on the head. You note that her fur feels rather soft.
>"Kiiiin..." she vocalizes as you continue.

> Anticipate obligatory rival battle initiated by Marisa
>Some things are just inevitable...
>_

Tom

  • *
Re: Magicians' Journey (A Patchouli Quest. Pokemon crossover.)
« Reply #86 on: September 24, 2020, 03:32:37 AM »
> Huh she doesn't seem to be able to say more than her name...  and this is consistent with all the other pokemon we've seen.  Do we think we would be able to put together a spell to cast on our self to understand what she's trying to communicate?

> Previous research on master-familiar "psychic bond", and previous experience with Koakuma.  Did she speak our language from the moment we first met her?

> Keep petting Fennekin, observe what Marisa and Alice are doing

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Magicians' Journey (A Patchouli Quest. Pokemon crossover.)
« Reply #87 on: September 24, 2020, 04:07:49 AM »
> Huh she doesn't seem to be able to say more than her name...  and this is consistent with all the other pokemon we've seen.  Do we think we would be able to put together a spell to cast on our self to understand what she's trying to communicate?
>You know that items enchanted with translation charms do exist, but those tend to be meant for human language comprehension. You're not sure if they would work on pokemon.
>Of course, you wouldn't mind a magical experiment either, provided you had the time.

> Previous research on master-familiar "psychic bond", and previous experience with Koakuma.  Did she speak our language from the moment we first met her?
>Koakuma was already fluent in your language when she was first summoned. In fact, from what you understand, most of Makai's population is multilingual, though Japanese is the most commonly used language in everyday business.

> Keep petting Fennekin, observe what Marisa and Alice are doing
>As you continue to pet the tiny fox creature, you glance at your companions.

>Chespin seems to be engaged in a small game with Alice's dolls, while the girl herself seems to be muttering something in thought. At the same time, Marisa seems to be engaging in a mostly one-sided conversation with Squirtle.
>_

Tom

  • *
Re: Magicians' Journey (A Patchouli Quest. Pokemon crossover.)
« Reply #88 on: September 24, 2020, 05:16:56 PM »
> Yes magical research, this is a unique opportunity to learn more of other worlds. We should start keeping notes of stuff to look in to.  Who knows the applications things we learn might have back in Gensokyo.
> Wait for the professor while continuing to observe
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 05:27:19 PM by Tom »

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Magicians' Journey (A Patchouli Quest. Pokemon crossover.)
« Reply #89 on: September 25, 2020, 05:34:39 AM »
> Yes magical research, this is a unique opportunity to learn more of other worlds. We should start keeping notes of stuff to look in to.  Who knows the applications things we learn might have back in Gensokyo.
> Wait for the professor while continuing to observe
>You continue to observe the interactions while petting your new companion.

>Eventually, Sycamore returns, smiling a bit at the three of you, before clearing his throat. You also notice an odd, orange device of some kind levitating in the air next to him. The most striking thing about this object, however, is that it appears to have a face.
>_