~Beyond the Border~ > Rumia's Party Games
Magicians' Journey (A Patchouli Quest. Pokemon crossover.)
(1/40) > >>
Evil_Nazgul0616:
>You are Patchouli Knowledge, The Great Unmoving Library, a powerful magician, and someone who really doesn't like going outside.

>Currently, you are outside, which has done nothing to improve your current mood.

>It all started off as a normal morning for you. You woke up, had Koakuma -- your demon familiar -- get you some coffee (You do drink tea as well, though you find coffee to be more effective in the morning), and proceeded to commence your morning reading activities. Additionally, your health didn't even feel that bad today, so that was a plus.

>It was then that a certain seven-colored puppeteer showed up, with the intent of using the books in the library to further her research into autonomous dolls. The two of you then began a bit of a discussion, where you noted your reluctance to part with books from Voile due to the recent actions of a certain thief...

>It was then, speak of the devil, that she showed up, announcing her presence with a loud explosion towards the back of the library, conveniently bypassing the wards you set at the entrance. While lamenting the amount of wasted effort into putting up that form of security, you flew to intercept the troublesome girl before she could get away. The puppeteer decided to follow you, probably to see what the commotion was, but you decided to allow it as long as she didn't get in the way.

>When you caught up to the crook, you immediately noticed that the black-white imbecile chose to rob the forbidden section of the library this time: The part of the library where you keep cursed books, tomes of unknown function, and malevolent grimoires. In short: Things that a magician who doesn't know what she's doing shouldn't be messing around with. As you proceed to scold her about messing with things beyond her comprehension, she simply has the gall to give you a cocky smirk and saying that you shouldn't worry and that she could handle it.

>Almost to prove a point, she tossed one of the tomes in her hand, which -- of course -- she ended up accidentally dropping to the floor, which -- of course -- caused the rusty locks sealing it shut to break open on impact. Newly opened, the book promptly created a dark vortex which none of the people assembled were able to escape from.

>And so, that is the reason why you're currently stranded in the middle of nowhere, glaring daggers at the meddlesome black-white who caused all this as she picks herself off the ground.

>Oh, and the puppeteer is here too... Of course, she doesn't really matter right now, since the target of your ire is currently right in front of you.

>What do you do?
>_
WitheringFlowerCrown:
>Look around, gain a general understanding of this 'middle of nowhere' we're stuck in.
>Test out our magic, wind usually causes the least disruption so attempt to summon a gust of wind in a direction devoid of people.
>Talk: "So how are you going to solve this, Black-White?"
Evil_Nazgul0616:

--- Quote from: WitheringFlowerCrown on September 02, 2020, 08:15:32 PM --->Look around, gain a general understanding of this 'middle of nowhere' we're stuck in.

--- End quote ---
>You look around, you seem to be in the middle of a wooded area. Not dense enough to be considered a forest, but not sparse enough to be plains either.
>You also spot some strange birds you've never seen before fluttering among the trees, with mostly orange-red heads and black tails with a white v-shaped stripe on them. You also spot some strange looking creatures that resemble oversized ladybugs either flying among the treetops or clinging to the bark...

--- Quote from: WitheringFlowerCrown on September 02, 2020, 08:15:32 PM --->Test out our magic, wind usually causes the least disruption so attempt to summon a gust of wind in a direction devoid of people.

--- End quote ---
>You do a quick test of your magic, conjuring up a minor wind spell in a clear area off to the side. It seems to work, though you do note it takes slightly more effort than usual.

--- Quote from: WitheringFlowerCrown on September 02, 2020, 08:15:32 PM --->Talk: "So how are you going to solve this, Black-White?"

--- End quote ---
>She props herself up with her broom, looking around at her surroundings before answering, "Um... I mean, the book was in your library, right? Shouldn't you be able to just magic us a way back, ze?"

>"Something tells me it's not going to be as simple as that, Marisa..." the puppeteer groans off to the side as she sits up, "...Where are we anyway?"
>_
WitheringFlowerCrown:

--- Quote from: Evil_Nazgul0616 on September 02, 2020, 09:20:49 PM ---Snip

--- End quote ---
>Talk: "It seems that Alice is correct, ignoring the difficulties of space-time magic, I would like all of you to note animals around us. They don't seem native to Gensokyo and I don't think I've seen them in any bestiary I've read. Another thing before I forget, all of you test your magic using your least destructive spells, it should be harder than usual."
>Attempt to fly directly upwards
>If successful: scout out for the closest hint of civilisation, while avoiding the birds if they attack us.
Evil_Nazgul0616:

--- Quote from: WitheringFlowerCrown on September 02, 2020, 09:49:27 PM --->Talk: "It seems that Alice is correct, ignoring the difficulties of space-time magic, I would like all of you to note animals around us. They don't seem native to Gensokyo and I don't think I've seen them in any bestiary I've read. Another thing before I forget, all of you test your magic using your least destructive spells, it should be harder than usual."
>Attempt to fly directly upwards
>If successful: scout out for the closest hint of civilisation, while avoiding the birds if they attack us.

--- End quote ---
>You attempt to fly upwards while Alice and Black-White test their magic.

>It seems that even flying is causing you to exert slightly more effort than usual, enough that a prolonged flight would probably tire you out after a while, and that's assuming your health doesn't decide to take a nose dive...

>Nonetheless, you do manage to reach an altitude where you can get a better glimpse of your surroundings. It seems a short walk to the west (assuming the orientation of the sun in this place can be trusted) is a northwest oriented road lined with what seems to be hedges, with a large fountain near the center.

>Connected to the southern end of the road appears to be a village, roughly the size of the Human Village in Gensokyo, but most of the structures seem to have green roofs.

>On the northern end of the road, however, has to be the largest settlement you've ever seen: An immense, circular, walled city full of tall structures, with a rather conspicuous looking white tower jutting out of the center. You can barely make out other roads in the distance leading into the same settlement.

>"You see anything up there, Patchy?" Black-White calls out.
>_
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version