Author Topic: Rumia Quest - Innocent Wish  (Read 219080 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • This is not very daijoubu...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Rumia Quest - Innocent Wish
« Reply #960 on: April 26, 2021, 01:38:06 PM »
Prime:
>"Are there any fairies with a nature that doesn't fade like darkness?"
>"That is very unique advice."
>Do we have any mortal enemies?  Perhaps a god or youkai of light?

>Have our blob examine itself and compare it to the normal darkness.
>>Do we feel like there is something we can do to bind the normal darkness to us?

Contingency:
>"I was merely looking for a home that was off the beaten road.  It was very surprising to find the village and even more shocking to meet Yukari here.  I've been asleep* for a long while and find myself still sorting the dream from reality."

//*our memories and personality slumbered in our sealed form
//This is also to give her an explanation as to why our memories are jumbled.
Contingency:
>"I have no intention to hunt down cats, so don't worry. While I may be a carnivore there are certain forms of life I'd prefer not to eat unless I had no other choice."
>"So this place wouldn't be within Yukari's territory, would it? If so, I had no intention of trespassing."
> "There might be." Mokou shrugs. "We're trying to figure out more about those natures. Like if a single person can keep it going or such..."
> You're pretty sure you don't. The closest you could say is Sendai, but that's still not that much.

> Your darkness is magical darkness, compared to the regular, natural darkness nearby.
> You don't feel any hints or brainstorms. Absorbing that darkness would get rid of it from there, which isn't helpful.

> "It isn't really her territory. But you'll be in trouble if you bring harm here and to the cats. They're just living peacefully!" Chen speaks. "You can make your home further away or something."
>_
Current Quests: Neo Quest |Alice Quest - v5 | Hime

Past Quests: Alice Quest |

Re: Rumia Quest - Innocent Wish
« Reply #961 on: April 27, 2021, 12:10:40 AM »
Prime:
>"Is that why your investigating the forest?"
>beat
>"That is quite clever."

//below are attempts to get through the barrier
>Move the blob close to the surface then have it try to eat a path through the darkness
>If that doesn't work try moving the magic from our blob to the darkness

Contingency:
>"If I brought harm that only be because it is latched on and either trying to seal me or Harm is trying to exterminate me."
>Glance at the homes

>"If you're that against my staying, where would recommend I make my abode?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Rumia Quest - Innocent Wish
« Reply #962 on: April 27, 2021, 12:17:58 AM »
Contingency:
>"As I said, harming the cats is not my intention."

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • This is not very daijoubu...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Rumia Quest - Innocent Wish
« Reply #963 on: April 27, 2021, 12:38:52 AM »
Prime:
>"Is that why your investigating the forest?"
>beat
>"That is quite clever."

//below are attempts to get through the barrier
>Move the blob close to the surface then have it try to eat a path through the darkness
>If that doesn't work try moving the magic from our blob to the darkness

Contingency:
>"If I brought harm that only be because it is latched on and either trying to seal me or Harm is trying to exterminate me."
>Glance at the homes

>"If you're that against my staying, where would recommend I make my abode?"
Contingency:
>"As I said, harming the cats is not my intention."
> "Not exactly. But this is a problem we shouldn't just ignore. It's good I wasn't in there when it did happen though..."

> You move your darkness near the surface and try to make your own path.
> Yet again, you never reach further in...
> The same happens with your other attempt too...
> "If you want to get in, you need to bypass this somehow." Shingyoku speaks, sounding annoyed. "My partner just, well, broke through. As expected of a Kishin. You however, don't seem to have any ideas. I still don't suggest going inside since you have no safe way out, but why not try to envelop the entire area in darkness? Perhaps something else you can do from there will work."

> "Intention... Even accidental is bad! That's why I said you should just go away. It sounds like you would do it if you needed to."
> Another gap opens up, with a larger woman - a multi-tailed fox, emerging from it.
> "Pardon my Shikigami." She speaks, lifting the cat up. "You can stay around here if you like. You'll just end up making her upset if you do end up bringing ill to the cats."
> The woman turns back towards the gap, with the cat girl in arms.
> "Come on Chen, we've got other things to do than to make accusations."
>_
Current Quests: Neo Quest |Alice Quest - v5 | Hime

Past Quests: Alice Quest |

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Rumia Quest - Innocent Wish
« Reply #964 on: April 27, 2021, 01:01:07 AM »
Prime:
>How much fish do we have left?

//I don't want to try darkness manipulation on that scale unless we have a good stockpile of food to offset the inevitable cost.

Contingency:
>"You must be Yukari's shikigami, it's a pleasure to meet you, even if it's as brief as this. And it's fine. Though may I ask Chen one more question before you depart?"

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • This is not very daijoubu...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Rumia Quest - Innocent Wish
« Reply #965 on: April 27, 2021, 01:39:38 AM »
Prime:
>How much fish do we have left?

//I don't want to try darkness manipulation on that scale unless we have a good stockpile of food to offset the inevitable cost.

Contingency:
>"You must be Yukari's shikigami, it's a pleasure to meet you, even if it's as brief as this. And it's fine. Though may I ask Chen one more question before you depart?"
> Just a couple

> "I'm afraid we're a bit busy now. Even Yukari herself didn't have the time to come here." The woman says as she departs, with the gap closing behind.
> You are once again left alone with the cats...
>_
Current Quests: Neo Quest |Alice Quest - v5 | Hime

Past Quests: Alice Quest |

Re: Rumia Quest - Innocent Wish
« Reply #966 on: April 27, 2021, 03:54:11 AM »
Prime:
>To Mokou, "Oh, I thought you were going to try stopping the time on a piece of nature."

>"I've been exploring the barrier.  I understand one cannot go under it.  The darkness in it cannot be eaten and I cannot turn it into more of mine.  As for getting out, I planned to keep myself connect to the outside."

>Take a breath

>"This endeavor gives perspective on your partner's strength and indirectly yours."

Contingency:
>Bend down and scratch a cat behind the ears
>"Let's hope Chen's fears are unfounded."

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Rumia Quest - Innocent Wish
« Reply #967 on: April 27, 2021, 05:17:35 AM »
Prime:
>Have we ever attempted enveloping an area on the scale of the forest in darkness from what we remember?
>If so:
>>"While I could try enveloping the forest in darkness, I haven't attempted anything on that scale since before I was sealed, while it might be possible, I'm concerned about how costly it would be. I don't think either of us would want another near disaster like earlier when I accidentally starved myself by overexerting."
>If not:
>>"While it's a good idea in theory, I've never attempted something on that scale before or I don't remember whether or not I've tried. While I'm all for trying it, I'm concerned about causing another near disaster like earlier by accidentally starving myself through overexertion."

Contingency:
>Bend down and scratch a cat behind the ears
>"Let's hope Chen's fears are unfounded."
>Only if the cat allows us.

Re: Rumia Quest - Innocent Wish
« Reply #968 on: April 27, 2021, 07:40:32 AM »
>Check our shadow realm for air

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • This is not very daijoubu...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Rumia Quest - Innocent Wish
« Reply #969 on: April 27, 2021, 05:14:27 PM »
Prime:
>To Mokou, "Oh, I thought you were going to try stopping the time on a piece of nature."

>"I've been exploring the barrier.  I understand one cannot go under it.  The darkness in it cannot be eaten and I cannot turn it into more of mine.  As for getting out, I planned to keep myself connect to the outside."

>Take a breath

>"This endeavor gives perspective on your partner's strength and indirectly yours."

Contingency:
>Bend down and scratch a cat behind the ears
>"Let's hope Chen's fears are unfounded."
Prime:
>Have we ever attempted enveloping an area on the scale of the forest in darkness from what we remember?
>If so:
>>"While I could try enveloping the forest in darkness, I haven't attempted anything on that scale since before I was sealed, while it might be possible, I'm concerned about how costly it would be. I don't think either of us would want another near disaster like earlier when I accidentally starved myself by overexerting."
>If not:
>>"While it's a good idea in theory, I've never attempted something on that scale before or I don't remember whether or not I've tried. While I'm all for trying it, I'm concerned about causing another near disaster like earlier by accidentally starving myself through overexertion."
>Only if the cat allows us.
>Check our shadow realm for air
> Your darkness area does seem to have air in it.

> You're sure you done something larger than the forest before. And definitely haven't gone as hungry as recent things have gotten you from it. Maybe you've just been doing things really inefficiently, or are forgetting one of your basic steps somewhere. You even covered part of Sanae's shrine in a darkness orb when you were still sealed and didn't get much hungry. Something's definitely wrong. If it isn't how much darkness you're using, maybe it's the extra bodies, or how far the darkness you have is from you.

> "If you really want to get in, I can bring her back to let you in." Shingyoku suggests. "Don't pin any blame on us when you realize you're underprepared for such. We warned you."


> You are allowed to peacefully attend to one of the cats.
>_
Current Quests: Neo Quest |Alice Quest - v5 | Hime

Past Quests: Alice Quest |

Re: Rumia Quest - Innocent Wish
« Reply #970 on: April 27, 2021, 10:01:08 PM »
Prime:
>Shake your head
>"Thank, but it is something I wish to do myself."
>Try pulling darkness from our darkness realm out through our shadow
>If that doesn't work then create darkness normally
>Envelope the forest in darkness

>>Stop if we start getting hungry


Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • This is not very daijoubu...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Rumia Quest - Innocent Wish
« Reply #971 on: April 28, 2021, 01:26:31 AM »
Prime:
>Shake your head
>"Thank, but it is something I wish to do myself."
>Try pulling darkness from our darkness realm out through our shadow
>If that doesn't work then create darkness normally
>Envelope the forest in darkness

>>Stop if we start getting hungry
> You try to start pulling darkness from that area through your shadow...
> Which you aren't sure if it would fail or succeed for once, because your shadow doesn't even seem to be here...
>_
Current Quests: Neo Quest |Alice Quest - v5 | Hime

Past Quests: Alice Quest |

Re: Rumia Quest - Innocent Wish
« Reply #972 on: April 28, 2021, 06:32:41 AM »
Prime:
>Remake your shadow, again.

>Try pulling darkness from our darkness realm out through our shadow
>If that doesn't work then create darkness normally
>Envelope the forest in darkness

>>Stop if we start getting hungry

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Rumia Quest - Innocent Wish
« Reply #973 on: April 28, 2021, 06:48:45 AM »
Prime:
>Don't do anything related to our shadow yet.

>Our shadow is missing, as in the one we would be normally casting?
>>If the answer to the above is yes: Does the time of day, that is he position of the sun or the presence of any cloud cover, logically make sense for our shadow to have disappeared?
>>>If the answer to that question is no: Can we consciously feel the position of our shadow at any point in time, since we know we can control it and it is technically "our" darkness due to being something we cast as a consequence of light exposure? If so, are we able to sense where it is right now?
>>>If know we can sense it, but we aren't sensing it currently, attempt to sense its current position.
>Additionally, regardless of any of the above, are we aware of when our shadow seemed to disappear?

Contingency:
>Is our shadow still here?

//We know it can act involuntarily or subconsciously, so might be a bad sign that it's gone. If it did go somewhere on its own accord and we can't track it, making a new shadow won't solve the problem.

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • This is not very daijoubu...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Rumia Quest - Innocent Wish
« Reply #974 on: April 28, 2021, 02:26:11 PM »
Prime:
>Remake your shadow, again.

>Try pulling darkness from our darkness realm out through our shadow
>If that doesn't work then create darkness normally
>Envelope the forest in darkness

>>Stop if we start getting hungry
Prime:
>Don't do anything related to our shadow yet.

>Our shadow is missing, as in the one we would be normally casting?
>>If the answer to the above is yes: Does the time of day, that is he position of the sun or the presence of any cloud cover, logically make sense for our shadow to have disappeared?
>>>If the answer to that question is no: Can we consciously feel the position of our shadow at any point in time, since we know we can control it and it is technically "our" darkness due to being something we cast as a consequence of light exposure? If so, are we able to sense where it is right now?
>>>If know we can sense it, but we aren't sensing it currently, attempt to sense its current position.
>Additionally, regardless of any of the above, are we aware of when our shadow seemed to disappear?

Contingency:
>Is our shadow still here?

//We know it can act involuntarily or subconsciously, so might be a bad sign that it's gone. If it did go somewhere on its own accord and we can't track it, making a new shadow won't solve the problem.
> Yes.
> No, yours should be here.
> Yes. It seems to be pretty far away. Actually, you think it's approaching, and fast.
> You believe you should know when it leaves, but you haven't been recently.
> You start to cover the Bamboo Forest in darkness. Not even starting to feel hungry yet...

> Such doesn't matter given you're not the original Rumia.
>_
Current Quests: Neo Quest |Alice Quest - v5 | Hime

Past Quests: Alice Quest |

Re: Rumia Quest - Innocent Wish
« Reply #975 on: April 29, 2021, 12:30:10 AM »
Prime:
>Continue to cover the forest
>>Stop if we feel hungry

>Think about how we can get in
>>Do we think pulling layers off the barrier off via depositing them into our dark realm would work

Contingency:
>Sit down on some steps and watch where we know the bamboo forest to be
>Pet any cat that comes to us.

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Rumia Quest - Innocent Wish
« Reply #976 on: April 29, 2021, 03:15:11 AM »
Prime:
>What direction is our shadow coming from? Do we know anything in that direction?
>Does it feel like our shadow has been doing naughty things -- that is, stuff like eating people and such, since we'd be able to feel the gain from it?
>Do we remember anything important about out own shadow since before we were sealed? Has it always acted autonomously in the past? Is it like a pet in a way?

Contingency:
>Only if the cats allow it. We don't want to force them into something unwanted after all. Besides, that Shikigami looked too adorable to upset.
>But would we not be casting a shadow ourselves, though? Or, as far as we know, does only the original/prime Rumia possess a shadow?

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • This is not very daijoubu...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Rumia Quest - Innocent Wish
« Reply #977 on: April 29, 2021, 05:26:01 AM »
Prime:
>Continue to cover the forest
>>Stop if we feel hungry

>Think about how we can get in
>>Do we think pulling layers off the barrier off via depositing them into our dark realm would work

Contingency:
>Sit down on some steps and watch where we know the bamboo forest to be
>Pet any cat that comes to us.
Prime:
>What direction is our shadow coming from? Do we know anything in that direction?
>Does it feel like our shadow has been doing naughty things -- that is, stuff like eating people and such, since we'd be able to feel the gain from it?
>Do we remember anything important about out own shadow since before we were sealed? Has it always acted autonomously in the past? Is it like a pet in a way?

Contingency:
>Only if the cats allow it. We don't want to force them into something unwanted after all. Besides, that Shikigami looked too adorable to upset.
>But would we not be casting a shadow ourselves, though? Or, as far as we know, does only the original/prime Rumia possess a shadow?
> You continue surrounding most of it with no problem, and finish.
> You believe your shadow is coming from the mountain. You do remember Sanae's shrine was up there.
> You haven't noticed any if it has...
> You do recall that, if anyone's shadow was abnormal, it would be the Youkai of Darkness'. It was like another you, though with it's own will. Having it follow what you wanted was normal though, so you're not sure why it's acting up now. Maybe you could just ask it. Especially given it was gone when you finished things with Sendai.
> Actually, your shadow seems to be back in it's proper place now. It was getting close, so maybe it just snapped back quickly?

> You can consume things covered in your darkness, and they'd be sent there, so if there is a barrier, maybe it could work?

> "Ah, what's all this? Again?" You hear a voice from the direction your shadow was coming from.
> "Oh great, the Tengu..." Mokou sighs.
> "Hmm?" Shingyoku questions, looking back.

> You watch the direction of the forest...
> Your shadow wouldn't be anything unique like the original. Unless the original's shadow is also playing around and has part of it in this shadow.
>_
Current Quests: Neo Quest |Alice Quest - v5 | Hime

Past Quests: Alice Quest |

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Rumia Quest - Innocent Wish
« Reply #978 on: April 29, 2021, 05:30:30 AM »
Prime:
>Raise an eyebrow at our shadow before glancing in the direction of the new voice.
>Can we mentally communicate with our shadow?
>Is our shadow capable of speech for that matter?
>Does it have a name?

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • This is not very daijoubu...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Rumia Quest - Innocent Wish
« Reply #979 on: April 29, 2021, 05:52:14 AM »
Prime:
>Raise an eyebrow at our shadow before glancing in the direction of the new voice.
>Can we mentally communicate with our shadow?
>Is our shadow capable of speech for that matter?
>Does it have a name?
> You should be able to.
> Yes.
> Not really.
> The "Tengu" appears to be that, a Tengu. You believe that's Aya?
> "First the shrine, now the forest? I wonder what you're planning with these. Well, at least you didn't make the sky all dark again." She floats down. "And your group here is...?"
> "Shingyoku. We're dealing with the abnormality that's affecting this forest." The man answers.
> Mokou does not respond, however.
>_
Current Quests: Neo Quest |Alice Quest - v5 | Hime

Past Quests: Alice Quest |

Re: Rumia Quest - Innocent Wish
« Reply #980 on: April 29, 2021, 10:08:37 PM »
Prime:
>What is Mokou's expression
>To our shadow, It has been a while since you could wander.  Anywhere in particular you've been playing?

>Say to Aya, "Is that so?"

>Try pulling layers off the barrier off via depositing them into our dark realm

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • This is not very daijoubu...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Rumia Quest - Innocent Wish
« Reply #981 on: April 29, 2021, 11:08:19 PM »
Prime:
>What is Mokou's expression
>To our shadow, It has been a while since you could wander.  Anywhere in particular you've been playing?

>Say to Aya, "Is that so?"

>Try pulling layers off the barrier off via depositing them into our dark realm
> Annoyance, you believe.
> ("I've been around.") Your shadow answers simply.

> "That... doesn't answer any of those. At all..." Aya speaks.

> You try to pull layers off and into your darkness area, but nothing seems to happen...
> Maybe it isn't a barrier?
>_
Current Quests: Neo Quest |Alice Quest - v5 | Hime

Past Quests: Alice Quest |

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Rumia Quest - Innocent Wish
« Reply #982 on: April 29, 2021, 11:18:12 PM »
Prime:
>Do we know if our shadow can tell what we're thinking due to it being a part of us, or are our minds independent from each other in that regard aside from mental communication.
>Can we feel any emotions from our shadow?
>("Sorry it took me a while to speak with you, by the way. Memories are still a bit jumbled from the seal. Are you alright, by the way? Being sealed couldn't have been pleasant for you either...")

Contingency:
>Status report.

Re: Rumia Quest - Innocent Wish
« Reply #983 on: April 30, 2021, 01:26:14 AM »
Prime:
>Have the shadow feel for any give

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • This is not very daijoubu...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Rumia Quest - Innocent Wish
« Reply #984 on: April 30, 2021, 01:36:28 AM »
Prime:
>Have the shadow feel for any give
//Uh, could you run that by again?
Current Quests: Neo Quest |Alice Quest - v5 | Hime

Past Quests: Alice Quest |

Evil_Nazgul0616

  • Seg Fault
  • ERROR
    • YouTube
Re: Rumia Quest - Innocent Wish
« Reply #985 on: April 30, 2021, 01:41:32 AM »
>Let's not task our shadow with anything just yet.

//Considering we just found out it's sentient, I kinda want to gauge our relationship level before sending it to do things it might not want to do.

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • This is not very daijoubu...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Rumia Quest - Innocent Wish
« Reply #986 on: April 30, 2021, 02:00:19 AM »
Prime:
>Do we know if our shadow can tell what we're thinking due to it being a part of us, or are our minds independent from each other in that regard aside from mental communication.
>Can we feel any emotions from our shadow?
>("Sorry it took me a while to speak with you, by the way. Memories are still a bit jumbled from the seal. Are you alright, by the way? Being sealed couldn't have been pleasant for you either...")

Contingency:
>Status report.
>Let's not task our shadow with anything just yet.

//Considering we just found out it's sentient, I kinda want to gauge our relationship level before sending it to do things it might not want to do.
> You aren't sure.
> ("Better to be free, certainly.") Your shadow replies.
> Feels like your shadow is a bit aloof and just a tad guarded. You wonder if it's not as interested in the forest as exploring your freedom.

> Absolutely nothing new has happened, surprisingly. You expected Yukari to come back. Or another person to show up. Or maybe another incident or someone to slip through the outside world boundary and into Gensokyo.
> But no. The cats are just spending their time here plainly, starting to bore you...
>_
Current Quests: Neo Quest |Alice Quest - v5 | Hime

Past Quests: Alice Quest |

Re: Rumia Quest - Innocent Wish
« Reply #987 on: April 30, 2021, 02:08:33 AM »
//Sorry I meant darkness

Prime:
>Have are darkness push against the barrier? and see if there are any weak areas

Neovereign

  • Infinite Potential
  • This is not very daijoubu...
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • Neovereign#9703
    • Steam
Re: Rumia Quest - Innocent Wish
« Reply #988 on: April 30, 2021, 02:16:02 AM »
//Sorry I meant darkness

Prime:
>Have are darkness push against the barrier? and see if there are any weak areas
> You try to have your darkness surrounding the forest push against it, but none of it can get past a certain point in the forest. Maybe you could use more force?
>_
Current Quests: Neo Quest |Alice Quest - v5 | Hime

Past Quests: Alice Quest |

Re: Rumia Quest - Innocent Wish
« Reply #989 on: April 30, 2021, 04:07:52 AM »
Prime:

>Try to eat the magic preventing us from getting in
>>If that fails try to siphon the magic off
>>>As a last resort have our darkness try to push its way in