Author Topic: Ideas not seen in fanfiction yet?  (Read 7401 times)

Ideas not seen in fanfiction yet?
« on: July 27, 2020, 04:44:25 AM »
What's some of the craziest ideas you've heard or thought of, but haven't seen done in any fan work or in fanfiction?
Perception and reality are not the same.
This is what magicians know well, for what is perceived is not what occurs and it is what allows them to bring fantasy to reality.
A calculation can often predict well in advanced what is and what will occur.

Suspicious person

• Just a fun loving kind of person
  • ... but what is fun ?
Re: Ideas not seen in fanfiction yet?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 07:03:17 AM »
Not sure if you'd consider these "crazy" but I had some stuff I thought about how Narumi could be used in fanwoks

For instance Alice and her goal of making a conscious doll meeting Narumi and her life powers, which could even work on bullets, and the question of what would count as consciousness : can some random thing given life that's capable ofwiggling about be considered as truly alive or merely animated and on the same level as worms? How fine would that be considering the buddhist themes that kinda apply to her? Or something. Alice X Narumi honestly strikes me as a very valid and workable "thing" ...

Another Narumi related thought I had is how would her ability fare on the dead? Imagine some kind of suspicious necromancer Narumi work ...

Another one would be a somewhat mischievous or fun loving Narumi either striking back at Marisa as a payback for one of her antics or something, and that in the form of giving life to suspicious and interesting shrooms that the black and white magician would usually collect ; or actually turning out to be one of the reasons why the forest of magic's got lively monster shrooms and plants ...

Or a more tame one would show some kind of Narumi, friend to all, healer of the forest's animals and truly a jizou of salvation to some people, particularly children, who got healed and saved by her power, or taken care of by her weird fire powers during snowy days. A showcase of a not-so-lonely days of the lonely girl in the forest

I think Narumi is very workable material, but the main problem with her seems to me to be the lack of illustration over how she uses her power and how it can be used. Likewise for her lack of normal interactions. Still wanna believe, though.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 07:32:45 AM by Suspicious person »

Re: Ideas not seen in fanfiction yet?
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 05:27:15 PM »
I'd really like to see ideas like this in fan fiction.

There's sufficient level of details and background which can really fit in too.
Alice wants to have a doll which gains life, Narumi would be able to also explain the differences and the details between "life", "animation", and "life force".

This also allows Narumi to explain why she's able to nullify fairies who are life force and her ability more in depth.
She's a youkai of an inanimate object, similar to Medicine, but both are not tsukumogami. (Compare to Hata no Kokoro, who is a menreiki, which is a form of tsukomogami.)

Another one would be a somewhat mischievous or fun loving Narumi either striking back at Marisa as a payback for one of her antics or something, and that in the form of giving life to suspicious and interesting shrooms that the black and white magician would usually collect ; or actually turning out to be one of the reasons why the forest of magic's got lively monster shrooms and plants ...

I'm reminded of Marisa x Alice fan works, where Alice has a mini Marisa doll...

Alice makes the doll, but leaves it on her work bench. (Narumi and her would be close friends.)
Remembering the part of where she hears Alice wanting a living doll, she gives a little bit of life to it and suddenly we have Mini-Mari.
Now a new incident of where books and items are getting stolen left and right, even though Marisa claims she hasn't stolen them.
Hong Meiling: "How could she steal any books?, she was in front of me the entire time??".
Patchouli: "My library is getting robbed, but the suspects are missing!"
Reimu wonders if Marisa figured out a way to clone gaps or back doors...etc
Alice wonders if Marisa made a crazy potion or something, since now there seems to be two of her going around.
Perception and reality are not the same.
This is what magicians know well, for what is perceived is not what occurs and it is what allows them to bring fantasy to reality.
A calculation can often predict well in advanced what is and what will occur.