Author Topic: Neo DEFCON Mafia (DEFCON 1, Phase 1)  (Read 473456 times)

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
Re: Neo DEFCON Mafia (DEFCON 2)
« Reply #450 on: June 06, 2020, 11:26:59 PM »
It's also funny he states here he has little motivation to care about anything going on, which is well-reflected by general lethargy on Serela's side to hunt scum. There's such a thing as "active lurking", and Serela wrote the textbook entry for it in this thread, right here.

Other people who remain on my radar are NucleusWaffles (I still cannot shake the feeling that you are at best ITP, at worst scum, with a refuge in audacity and plenty of weird happenings), and zwerdjib, where you need only check his posts and you'll see it's a huge volume of them with a lot of chaff. He's masterfully staying in the mind as "someone who is active", but his posts aren't actually achieving a lot in terms of probing people, applying pressure, or directing the game.

Basically, I feel like he's making sure to be on the radars, while at the same time avoiding doing anything that would make him stand out a little more. A controlled bystander act, if you will.

And now I'm going back to work.

sure

valid criticism

i dont have anything to say

or maybe i do have a lot to say and im just very not motivated to play the game knowing that dormio will hang onto every excuse he can muster until he finally gets me lynched for some reason

meow56

• This feels familiar...
« Reply #451 on: June 06, 2020, 11:48:44 PM »
zwerdjib: What part of my reads list made you think it was satire?
Zoomy Tsugumi: Why did you vote Abu over Serela at EoD?

Oh yeah Meow why are Bardiche and I your top scumreads?
Bardiche--He lurked more than I thought he did, which seems more unusual coming from a non-lurker (?). I suppose I'll have to set aside this case until Tuesday though...
Yaersulf--I feel like you posted more last game than this game, which is weird because I figured you'd be more confident this time around. So the reason for that would be that you're scum who doesn't know how to act.

Zoomy Tsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #452 on: June 06, 2020, 11:59:55 PM »
Mostly to avoid a no-lynch as Abu seemed to have the biggest consensus among the players around at the time for "will be happy to lynch"
A push on others didn't feel super viable to have pan out to an actual lynch

« Reply #453 on: June 07, 2020, 01:15:06 AM »
Some thoughts:

- Bardiche: His lack of words was a bit suspicious but he said some good ones early on and he seems to have a good excuse for not posting so much, I'm happy to focus on other people for now.

- Meow: Said almost nothing D1, and when he did it was almost entirely because he was poked to do so. Then dropped a weird reads list and hammered. I might be placing too much weight on this but I seem to remember that Serela hammered D1 as scum for towncred (at least I assume that's why Serela did that.) Zwerd has done some suspicious stuff but is almost at the top of Meow's reads list, crazy out there guess but they could be scum together?

- Raikaria: Seems to be trying to work stuff out but is having trouble finding something to work with and has contributed more than most from what I can see. I don't think having trouble pointing fingers at anyone in particular is scummy seeing as that seems to be the theme of the game.

- Serela: I like a lot of what Serela has to say but I wouldn't say I hard read Serela as town or anything. I don't see a lot different between this Serela and Scum!Serela from last game, and the reason Scum!Serela got caught wasn't because he was acting scum-like.

- Dormio: Hot take, what if the reason that we're having trouble is because Scum are good at what they do. I've heard tales of the legendary Scum!Dormio.

I think we should take a close look at Meow (and whoever subs into Beru's slot actually), and keep an eye on Serela.

« Reply #454 on: June 07, 2020, 01:17:44 AM »
Oh, another thought:

If a lot of people think Nucleus is likely third party, is it not a good idea to lynch him so that he doesn't get his nightkill tonight? Or is not so much a priority because he might just hit scum?

« Reply #455 on: June 07, 2020, 01:19:18 AM »
##Unvote
##Vote: Meow56

Oops almost forgot this part

Zoomy Tsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #456 on: June 07, 2020, 01:20:57 AM »
- Raikaria: Seems to be trying to work stuff out but is having trouble finding something to work with and has contributed more than most from what I can see. I don't think having trouble pointing fingers at anyone in particular is scummy seeing as that seems to be the theme of the game.
Idk, I don't see it like this. I think at this point not having scumreads that you follow up on is a cop out. There's a fair amount of stuff to go off of now and considering the suspicion pool is so wide not latching on to any read is weird.
What has Raik contributed?

Zoomy Tsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #457 on: June 07, 2020, 01:27:22 AM »
sure

valid criticism

i dont have anything to say

or maybe i do have a lot to say and im just very not motivated to play the game knowing that dormio will hang onto every excuse he can muster until he finally gets me lynched for some reason
I don't like this post

Re: Neo DEFCON Mafia (DEFCON 3)
« Reply #458 on: June 07, 2020, 01:31:43 AM »
While it's true that most of Raikaria's concrete contribution has been agruing against the massclaim, rereading I noticed stuff like:

Also; combining with my curiosity as to why Daiya is reffering to me about Serela... his beef with yaer could basically be applied to me. Yet not only am I not given as a scumread, but if Daiya is asking me specifically for meta info instead of Dormio or some other long-term player, that suggests Daiya trusts me?

Arguing for yourself as a potential scumread seems kind of townie to me, especially when people are having trouble finding scumreads. And he also dropped a reasonable reads list without any prompting.

Not that I think we should discount anyone, definitely keep an eye out, but I think there's more suspicious people to deal with first.

« Reply #459 on: June 07, 2020, 01:33:19 AM »
Oh yeah I didn't mention him because not much has changed regarding the Zwerdjib situation, but he's definitely still suspicous and worth considering.

Zoomy Tsugumi

• zoom zoom
Re: Neo DEFCON Mafia (DEFCON 3)
« Reply #460 on: June 07, 2020, 01:40:56 AM »
Arguing for yourself as a potential scumread seems kind of townie to me, especially when people are having trouble finding scumreads.
Not sure I fully agree with this, it's a null tell I think.

And he also dropped a reasonable reads list without any prompting.
You mean the one at the end of the day before the lynch? How was that reasonable? It was 3 "i want to lynch" reads on all 3 lurkers and 6 "i'd be ok lynching them" on all but 2 people and Raik. That's a FoS on 2/3rds of the playerlist, and no followups lol. It's easy pickings and regurtitated info, half the reasons listed were things brought up by others.
Not to mention calling it unprompted seems like a misconstruing of the situation, deadline was nearing and people needed to consolidate so some people were throwing out lynch options, plus I'd been on Raik's ass for a hot minute by then about not actually having reads.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #461 on: June 07, 2020, 01:55:45 AM »
Zwerd being overly defeatist isn't a great look but idk that it's a scum look? However he's also posted a grand total of nothing today other than whining over one vote on him so uh that part -is- kinda scummy actually

again, it's... one vote. Have you seen how little I cared about bard's vote on me? I mean, ok, I'm voting him, but him voting me isn't part of my reasoning (apart from it looking like a votepark while he largely ignored the rest of the game)

Bard seems to have mainly handwaved and misrepped my case, says I don't think he actually looks scummy (????) and that I lazily made a generic lurker lynch case (no?). I could copypaste my case here but I don't think there's actually a need for this?? If people want me to go over something in deeper detail I can try but given he barely posted anything I don't think I can do much more than I already have stated (for a quick recap:see the mini-paragraph above this one)

Also if you want to argue town-serela would normally 'do more' you can go look at my previous town game Neo Mafia where i literally only went after low-content people until the game was rolesolved on day 4. The fact of the matter is that lately the games have plenty of low hanging fruit and, quite honestly, a good hunk of the scumteam is generally in those low hanging fruits. Exceptions are when said fruits are just newbies being new, but, Bardiche is not a newbie, and I've been clearly passing over meow for that exact reason :U

« Reply #462 on: June 07, 2020, 02:01:34 AM »
Ah yeah Zoomy I missed you poking Raik for that reads list, mostly because I wasn't really scrutinising you because you seem so town lol.

I still think Meow looks more suspicious though.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #463 on: June 07, 2020, 02:35:23 AM »
zwerdjib: "I'm going to use one person voting me as an excuse to not contribute anything whatsoever". :cirnotan:

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #464 on: June 07, 2020, 03:19:16 AM »
zwerdjib: What part of my reads list made you think it was satire?
Bardiche--He lurked more than I thought he did, which seems more unusual coming from a non-lurker (?). I suppose I'll have to set aside this case until Tuesday though...
Yaersulf--I feel like you posted more last game than this game, which is weird because I figured you'd be more confident this time around. So the reason for that would be that you're scum who doesn't know how to act.

it was literally all town no scum

thats kind of... weirdchamp

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #465 on: June 07, 2020, 03:46:07 AM »
zwerd i think you misread the list

top is towniest bottom is scummiest

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #466 on: June 07, 2020, 03:48:51 AM »
zwerdjib: "I'm going to use one person voting me as an excuse to not contribute anything whatsoever". :cirnotan:

:meiling:

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #467 on: June 07, 2020, 03:53:01 AM »
Zwerd being overly defeatist isn't a great look but idk that it's a scum look? However he's also posted a grand total of nothing today other than whining over one vote on him so uh that part -is- kinda scummy actually

again, it's... one vote. Have you seen how little I cared about bard's vote on me? I mean, ok, I'm voting him, but him voting me isn't part of my reasoning (apart from it looking like a votepark while he largely ignored the rest of the game)

Bard seems to have mainly handwaved and misrepped my case, says I don't think he actually looks scummy (????) and that I lazily made a generic lurker lynch case (no?). I could copypaste my case here but I don't think there's actually a need for this?? If people want me to go over something in deeper detail I can try but given he barely posted anything I don't think I can do much more than I already have stated (for a quick recap:see the mini-paragraph above this one)

Also if you want to argue town-serela would normally 'do more' you can go look at my previous town game Neo Mafia where i literally only went after low-content people until the game was rolesolved on day 4. The fact of the matter is that lately the games have plenty of low hanging fruit and, quite honestly, a good hunk of the scumteam is generally in those low hanging fruits. Exceptions are when said fruits are just newbies being new, but, Bardiche is not a newbie, and I've been clearly passing over meow for that exact reason :U

probably town serela by the way

hes enunciating his thought process throughout the text. its very organic

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #468 on: June 07, 2020, 04:08:59 AM »
thanks zwerd! But more importantly who do you think is scummy

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #469 on: June 07, 2020, 06:32:32 AM »
hes enunciating his thought process throughout the text. its very organic

Organic Waffles.

Just a quick 'popping in before Sunday work' post.

You mean the one at the end of the day before the lynch? How was that reasonable? It was 3 "i want to lynch" reads on all 3 lurkers and 6 "i'd be ok lynching them" on all but 2 people and Raik. That's a FoS on 2/3rds of the playerlist, and no followups lol. It's easy pickings and regurtitated info, half the reasons listed were things brought up by others.
Not to mention calling it unprompted seems like a misconstruing of the situation, deadline was nearing and people needed to consolidate so some people were throwing out lynch options, plus I'd been on Raik's ass for a hot minute by then about not actually having reads.

It wasn't a strict read list.

It was a consolidation list, so people knew who I'd be willing to lynch.

And while some of the info was 'regurgitated' it's not exactly a crime to share opinions with someone else.

At this point it's starting to feel a bit like you're tunnelling me.

Oh, another thought:

If a lot of people think Nucleus is likely third party, is it not a good idea to lynch him so that he doesn't get his nightkill tonight? Or is not so much a priority because he might just hit scum?

I would say this. Plus; he's a fairly safe target for power roles; nukes; and so on later.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Serela

• Wait, it's Mafia Time?
  • Time was a mistake.
« Reply #470 on: June 07, 2020, 06:48:56 AM »
since this is a game where you can expect 4+ town vigs (NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE NUKE) for once you don't worry too much about unreadable slots, you just nuke them later B)

so we can concentrate entirely on those most likely to flip scum for our lynch

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #471 on: June 07, 2020, 06:50:27 AM »
DEFCON 2, Lynch Phase
Vote Count Juliet

Bardiche (1) - Serela, Yaersulf
zwerdjib (1) - Dormio
Serela (1) - Bardiche
Raikaria (1) - Zoomy Tsugumi
meow56 (1) - Yaersulf
NucleusWaffles (0) - Yaersulf
Zoomy Tsugumi (0) -
Beru (0) - 
Yaersulf (0) -
Daiya (0) -
Dormio (0) -

Not Voting (6) - Daiya, Beru, NucleusWaffles, meow56, Raikaria, zwerdjib

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

[ Expired ]
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Real!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
    • Nekomata-tan#3128
    • Steam
    • AO3
« Reply #472 on: June 07, 2020, 07:11:24 AM »
☢ In-Game Event ☢
DEFCON 2

Quote from: Wikileaks
Tuesday, November 17, 2020 03:09
C O N F I D E N T I A L SECTION 01 OF 05 MOSCOW 009533
SIPDIS
SIPDIS
EO 12958 DECL: 08/30/2023
TAGS PGOV, ECON, PINR, RS">RS
SUBJECT: LAST WEEK'S GAME
Classified By: Deputy Chief of Mission [REDACTED] A. [REDACTED]. Reason 1.4 ( b, d)

SUMMARY:

nyyts cgxts fbyjv hbkax wptwl phkhv ihdqz yffix xmroc bsqxh avzlf dmupx sqvnp mcwro ldzwj istfa tbntr akbto mkxad wklcp satwx rohrt udknd
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

« Reply #473 on: June 07, 2020, 07:30:39 AM »
It's not ROT-13 I can say that much. :V

Zoomy Tsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #474 on: June 07, 2020, 07:32:50 AM »
It wasn't a strict read list.

It was a consolidation list, so people knew who I'd be willing to lynch.

And while some of the info was 'regurgitated' it's not exactly a crime to share opinions with someone else.

At this point it's starting to feel a bit like you're tunnelling me.
I don't really feel like any of this dissuades my scumread on you. This just means you still don't even have a basic reads list by this point in day 2 lol. And no, it most certainly isn't a crime to share opinions, but it's a copout when you've not done so much by yourself.

And if it seems like I'm tunneling, I mean I'm not gonna deny that I'm focusing my attenion on you but that's because I want you lynched because I think you're scum and I'm trying to get others to think that way too. It's the name of the game lol.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
    • Twitch
    • YouTube
    • Dormio#9601
    • Steam
« Reply #475 on: June 07, 2020, 07:39:17 AM »
I mean zwerdjib still isn't trying push any lynches at all. Despite thinking that Daiya is scum. And also despite saying that I'm scummy. He's not even refuting the point that I brought up about him deciding to do literally nothing because one person is voting for him.

Zoomy Tsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #476 on: June 07, 2020, 07:48:23 AM »
I mean zwerdjib still isn't trying push any lynches at all. Despite thinking that Daiya is scum. And also despite saying that I'm scummy. He's not even refuting the point that I brought up about him deciding to do literally nothing because one person is voting for him.
I agree, it's really concerning, feels like night and day to yesterday's play.

How do we have 6 non-voters btw?? Have half the players just not shown up yet today?
Where's Waffles and Daiya in particular? Both have yet to make a post this day phase

NucleusWaffles

« Reply #477 on: June 07, 2020, 11:05:31 AM »
I am here but the flurry of activity makes it hoenstly hard to make a ED1 analysis, also the flow of discussion on me was really good and I wanted to pass control of the narrative to the wisdom of the masses.

I agree on several points but this time I want to be more prudent before casing anyone. I am still interested in a Dormio lynch, and I now possibly think he can be connected to Bardiche noting how Bardiche's notable defense of Dormio was mostly *~the~* big thing D1, then Dormio went and tunneled on zwerdijib and the Beru mess happened.

I think Zoomy won major town points in my favour by saying exactly what I would have said about Yaersulf (abeit I was scum last game), Yaer likes using his vote as a baton. So currently, I townclear Yaersulf, Zoomy.

Serela is very coherent, I think scum!Serela is not meta like this, Serela is clear.

I would pin the last scum somewhere between Beru/Raikaria, I don't like the logic of the cases actually presented on Raikaria, but what makes me sus him is actually the wikileaks quote which suggest a lot of effort put on the scumside, which I associate with older players invested in the game rather than new players.

I would assign a 2:1 ratio for old players/new players in the scumteam. I am not the ITP, I am actually looking for NK right now because them living through DEFCON2 is a big problem.

zwerdjib

• Exalted,
  • and zealous.
    • Twitch
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
    • zwerdjib#7147
« Reply #478 on: June 07, 2020, 03:14:55 PM »
thanks zwerd! But more importantly who do you think is scummy

no idea

probably nucleus but hes entertaining

raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
    • Twitch
    • Raikaria
    • Steam
« Reply #479 on: June 07, 2020, 04:55:24 PM »
I'm back but busy with IRL.

Good news: I have 2 days off in a row so I can actually re-read stuff, think about stuff and hopefully figure something out then.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.