Author Topic: Danmakufu Q&A Thread 4 - V3 Edition.  (Read 2146 times)

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • YouTube
    • AFCDTech
Re: Danmakufu Q&A Thread 4 - V3 Edition.
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2020, 01:55:12 PM »
There are some tasks that I can't understand well, like TStageScene() or RunPauseScene() for example; When are this kind of tasks executed in the package? I recently started to create stage scripts with bosses, so I know that maybe I need more experience but I'm just looking for some advice to start with packages because I'd like to do something bigger. I'll accept anything.

Thanks for the answer

Take a look at the package for how they are defined and used. I don't recommend working with packages until you have a firm understanding of how tasks and scripts work in Danmakufu.

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2020, 10:08:10 AM »
I really dont understand how does sprite sheets work. I mean, i have 2 questions

1: Where can i find them?

i tried the "The sprite recourses" web (https://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_computer/touhoufuujinrokumountainoffaith/sheet/51906/) but in the image appears all the bosses, but i only need 1

2: The coordinates

Is there a way to know the sprite's coordinates to dont make it glitch in battle? (Same problem with shot sheets)

thanks
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 10:33:33 AM by ThisIsShort »

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • YouTube
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2020, 01:19:51 PM »
I really dont understand how does sprite sheets work. I mean, i have 2 questions

1: Where can i find them?

i tried the "The sprite recourses" web (https://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_computer/touhoufuujinrokumountainoffaith/sheet/51906/) but in the image appears all the bosses, but i only need 1

2: The coordinates

Is there a way to know the sprite's coordinates to dont make it glitch in battle? (Same problem with shot sheets)

thanks

1. You already have what you need. Any image editor can crop the image down to the boss you want

2. Most image editors will tell you the coordinates of a given pixel. In addition, in a sprite sheet, most sprites are the same size, so knowing the height and width of the area with the boss sprites is usually enough to determine the dimensions of a single sprite (e.g. width/#sprites)

xChumbo

• Beginner
    • Twitter
Stage enemies
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2020, 01:34:17 AM »
Hello, I'm having troubles creating stage enemies; the thing is, I can create the stage enemies well, but is there a way to make the boss wait until the other enemies are defeated? I've tried some solutions by myself but still all the enemies appear with the boss and I can't make it work.

Another doubt I got is: In the StageEnemy creation, there's the following line: "SetDamageRateAtFrameEnm(objEnemy, 80, 50, 30);". This is a function/task that I'm not really sure what it does; the enemies still work but It would be nice if you can tell me its purpose.

Here's some code if you want to see:

Stage code: [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]
STGEnemy code: [ Attachment: You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Thank you for your attention.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
    • YouTube
    • AFCDTech
Re: Stage enemies
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2020, 01:24:24 PM »
Hello, I'm having troubles creating stage enemies; the thing is, I can create the stage enemies well, but is there a way to make the boss wait until the other enemies are defeated? I've tried some solutions by myself but still all the enemies appear with the boss and I can't make it work.

Personally, I use this function from Ultima:

Code: [Select]
/* *************************************************************************
*void WaitForZeroEnemy() -- Waits for there to be no enemies on screen
************************************************************************* */
function WaitForZeroEnemy(){ //ULTIMA
    while(length(GetAllEnemyID()) > 0){yield;}
}