~Hakurei Shrine~ > Touhou Addict Recovery Center

Lotus Eaters manga discussion thread

<< < (6/10) > >>

nintendonut888:
The highlight of this chapter to me was the moment when Aya questions why Reimu is being so roundabout about trying to expel Miyoi from the village. Many people like to hold the Fortune Teller Incident over her head to show how cruel and dogmatic Reimu is, but I think this helps show that she's nowhere near as cold-hearted as she likes to think she is. In the previous chapter she closes her eyes and smiles in a very similar motion to what she did before killing the Fortune Teller, and then boastfully says this is her duty. Yet, when Aya calls her out on her methods, she shows a lot of vulnerability and internal conflict. I've always thought, even in FS, she was suppressing her true feelings to fulfill her role as the Hakurei Shrine Maiden and has always been secretly conflicted about this part of the job, but has never had a personal attachment to her target until now. I think that uncertainty will be one of the recurring themes of this manga.

Also, looking forward to what happens to Aya next chapter. I'm guessing we'll have more insight into how Miyoi's powers work, and what is and isn't under her control. I'm still of the belief that she can't "make" people forget about her, but she clearly has some kind of control over the perceptions of drunk people.

Branneg Xy:

--- Quote from: Suspicious person on July 27, 2020, 07:30:31 AM ---

Reimu's decision to let Aya take care of things is indeed pretty weird since she is still the same Reimu who'd break a meeting between important dignitaries (SoPM) over super stretch youkai reasons, break youkai funtime at multiple occasions in FS (including a village VIP from the salt mansion)), and break suspicious but not ill intentioned fortune tellers in two.

--- End quote ---
Some of it is both  a joke theme ,a recurring joke theme,joking irony/satirical comedy,what-if,speculation but also a series of misunderstanding,false judgements,aggravations...however for the Truth of The Matter with self-explaing questions..
-> "Is that right?How?Why?" Ultimately they embraced ,without being nor open nor willing nor performing repentance/redemption/cleansing/purification/restraining/etc.,  their("Youkai-Turned Human Fortune Teller"/"Gh "Youkai Nature and Existence in an Evil Spirit-born/Vengeful Ghost-born,Evil Spirit-like/",Irredeemable-Grudge".
->" What are,if there are the Decisive,Fundamental Evidences&Examples,besides those which are hinting,secondary,situational ones?" Unlike the Young (Youkai)Fox Student(in same FS/Forbidden Scrollery Touhou Manga were the "Three True Full Youkai Extermination" are set) who was completely unaffected and fine while breaking  a School-Panel Embedded with "Tens of Non-Danmaku and Non-Spellcard Duel Hakurei Talismans" because   he
 had "No Evil/No Evil Intentions", instead those 2 (save for the  the "Unsealed Ancient Unnamed Youkai Devil" Fully Exterminated by Mamizou Tanuki-Transformed into a Cleansing Sun during Peak Youkai Power - Full Moon) had "(Irredeemably) Big Evil/Big Evil intentions"for those to have such an Exterminating Effect; differently so, ( in WaHH/Wild and Horned Hermit)against "(Hell Oni)Shadow Kasen " Reimu was still using "Danmaku & Spellcards" for ,not to mention the only was only Hit by Reimu was "

Chivler:
The next chapter is out, and nobody's discussing it?
Well.
I quite like where this is going. We've got a proper youkai hangout spot now right in the human village, and we're adding new members to it.
Makes me wonder how Reimu's gonna react to that...

Suspicious person:
The last chapter 10 had its fair share of Miyoi bulli and Miyoi panicked expressions of despair, which was fun. Also, despite her goody-two-shoes behavior, she REALLY can get radical when trying to solve problems ... like, spiking Aya's booze with more booze (the hardcore oni brand one), AND trying to maybe get Suika to whack that nosy reporter or something.

Miyoi might be perceptive enough to realize when she may be in danger, but surprisingly not so sharp enough to recognize that the sharp eared Aya is a youkai, even though she properly figured Suika's race instantly. Kinda remind me of that part of FS where Aya switches hat before introducing herself as a tengu, and Kosuzu only panicking after that act ... like come on people, can't you see those ears ?!??!!

Anyway, if the early chapters were more centered around who Reimu views Miyoi with suspicion, the more recent ones kinda reverse the roles, and present Miyoi's daily life and how wary she is towards Reimu and Marisa. Miyoi might've absolutely deserved her suspicion from her earlier pranks, but currently she is really getting shafted by terrible luck, as the main reason behind why Reimu and Marisa are suspecting her is a random dude who got drunk and got kidnapped by an unrelated youkai for some time ... Anyway, if the stakes for Miyoi was the preservation of her livelihood and by extension her own existence, the fact that she currently boast of a special, reliable customer base with about enough power to topple a small country is probably going to protect her for a really long time, even moreso since two of said special customers are not only really well versed in manipulating information and rumors, but also get involved with the Human Village a lot

I don't really see Miyoi easily getting ousted if her customer base keep growing up (which is very likely), and if Reimu keep being passive regarding her.

Also, as a non-drinker, I can't really relate to all the thing concerning booze greatness in this manga. Also is it fair to assume that part where Aya sobers up from booze with more booze as the ultimate booze lovers' fantasy ? Probably overassuming a bit but it's gotta be, right ?

Lebon14:
New chapter is up. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version