Author Topic: EoSD help for W10  (Read 388 times)

EoSD help for W10
« on: March 28, 2020, 03:05:40 PM »
As the title suggest, I can't get ESoD to work on my desktop, which runs Windows 10.  I tried compatibility mode, dx8 to dx9 converter, and fanagling with the settings in the custom exe.  None of it worked.  All I get is the error message included in the attached image.  Someone please help me with this.  I've started to hit God enough to 1cc touhou games and I want to finally go back and beat ESoD

Re: EoSD help for W10
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 03:10:33 PM »
Huh, the image didn't attach.  I'll post the text from the log file in a second when I get to my desktop

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 03:23:09 PM »
Huh, the image didn't attach.  I'll post the text from the log file in a second when I get to my desktop
...It did attach.  I just couldn't see it on mobile.  Here's the text for the error message anyway
T&L HAL は使用できないようです
HAL も使用できないようです
バックバッファをロック不可能にしてみます
T&L HAL は使用できないようです
HAL も使用できないようです
Direct3D の初期化に失敗、これではゲームは出来ません

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2020, 10:10:02 PM »
EoSD doesn't like running in a path containing non-English characters, e.g. Japanese characters, accents in Windows username.
Rename or move the EoSD folder and try again.

Tom

• Systems Developer
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2020, 06:56:59 AM »
In the compatibility settings try disabling "Full Screen Optimizations" and in the W10 Settings search and disable "Game Bar".  This will fix a lot of problems not only in EoSD but in other old games, especially when playing in full screen mode.