~Hakurei Shrine~ > Touhou Addict Recovery Center

Character Design Appreciation

<< < (2/3) > >>

moons1de_:
I find it interesting how some of ZUN's older Touhou titles like EoSD or PCB have much different interpretations of how characters look compared to modern interpretations. I know this is because of time and how ZUN and the fans tend to alter the character designs partially, but I feel like a good example is Cirno's character portrait, which looks much more different to how she's usually portrayed now, with more wavy-ish hair and challenging look rather than a loveable doofus. Another example being Youmu's sprite in PCB, with her design having red eyes instead of a nice dark blue, and her more fierce look rather than her art-styles in future works. But out of these differences, I find it incredible how some characters can stay consistent yet evolve and develop to be something more unique.

(by the way, sakuya's eosd portrait is awesome and no one will convince me otherwise!!!  :cirnotan:)

jankop:
I really like Nitori's character design from MoF. Also, the first time I saw it I thought that thing on her right hand was a banana xD.
Other great designs that I really like are Mokou's (IN) and Yuyuko's (PCB)

degradingwindow:

--- Quote from: nav on October 21, 2023, 08:07:19 PM ---I don't like red nails in general, but theirs are rather tame. In PoFV, Mystia is depicted with long green claws. Now those are threatening.

--- End quote ---
What really scares me is the longness of the nails. Long nails feel very fragile to me and scare me a lot just thinking about them snapping. I've never noticed the long green claws on Mystia's design and now I wish I never did my eyes have been tainted.

--- Quote from: jankop on October 22, 2023, 11:46:45 AM ---I really like Nitori's character design from MoF. Also, the first time I saw it I thought that thing on her right hand was a banana xD.
Other great designs that I really like are Mokou's (IN) and Yuyuko's (PCB)

--- End quote ---

I really like Nitori's dress with all those pockets.
I could fit and organise so much stuff in them!
What's really out of place in her MoF design is the fact that she is holding a cattail and a seaweed. I'd first expect her to hold a wrench or a tool. My personal headcannon is that the things shes holding is part of the "Optical Camouflage" she had setup.

bermudaesque:
Forgive me if the post is messed up or something, I'm new to forums.

I like both the complex designs and the simpler ones, although I'm sure there's a lot that goes into designing any character.

Big fan of Meiling's design, (and the character in general) all historic and whatnot, and just pleasing on the eyes. :meiling:

Of course, character design applies to/works in tandem with personality. I really like Seija, her design is cute and cool, and she is also a pretty unique character in regards to personality and role and whatnot.

nAd:
not a specific design, but I really like how Marisa's outfit changes a little each game, UFO and HSiFS are especially good ones

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version