~Hakurei Shrine~ > Rika and Nitori's Garage Experiments
[Danmakufu Resource] Kirbio's CtC Style Sprites Release Thread
<< < (2/2)
Kirbio:
Hello again, it's been quite a while.
The new mainline game release marks the update for new sprites.
However, I also have a few important announcements and updates as well.

First of all, these have been on the drive for quite a long while but I wanted to make a formal update post - I have finished the temporary sprites for the entire UM cast. They currently do not have spellcard casting and attacking poses yet, but should be usable.

Second, I have updated every single sprites on the drive with a true transparent background and indexed color. Not only that the filesize is smaller, but also completely gets rid of the white matte problem when using in-game such as Danmakufu without resorting to the 1% alpha black background workaround like the previous version of the sprites.
If you have previously downloaded the sprite from the drive before December 2022, please consider updating them with the current version.

Third, today's actual update consists of Hisami Yomotsu from Touhou 19: Unfinished Dream of All Living Ghost.
I'm, however, sad to announce that this might be the final Touhou game I am going to do the sprites for.
I am still going to finish the rest of the unfinished temporary sprites as well as the remaining WBaWC casts, but that will be it from me.

Over the years, the community has moved on from small-scale scripts, so there is not much demand for them anymore.
The sentiment for this style of sprites has changed completely from the past as well, being much more frowned upon nowadays.
Those alone have made me lose motivation to continue this project and have been affecting my mental well-being lately.
Coupled with the fact that I have less free time to do things nowadays, I have decided that it might be for the best to put this project to rest.

I may update this project afterward in the future if I either have a spur of motivation or if I have done more sprites in this style that can be used publicly.
However, the update will not be a regular interval anymore after all the remaining sprites are done.
For the game/script creator, please do not hesitate to send me a character request in DM either here, on Twitter  (@kirbio123), or anywhere else.
I am still willing to make more sprites directly for you if there are direct requests. It will take much longer to finish now, though.
The Google Drive itself will still be maintained for the foreseeable future, please do not worry about that.

It's been a good run. Thank you very much, everyone, for supporting me throughout all these years. 🙇
Navigation
Message Index
Previous page

Go to full version