~Hakurei Shrine~ > Touhou Addict Recovery Center

Foul Detective Satori web-manga discussion thread.

<< < (7/15) > >>

Lebon14:
...and we also have a new chapter of Foul Detective Satori! A pretty long one at that!
Things are getting pretty interesting.

Suspicious person:
Finally, some goddamn Alice dialogue ! ... is what Alice fans would have probably loved to say lmao

It's good to see that there is a proper reason given to this manga's events seemingly following the orders of incidents happenings instead of just being a simple revisiting of the old cast.

While we haven't been told outright who the Eternal Criminal possessed after possessing Yuyuko, I'm still willing to think it went the getting-served-by-Youmu-to-the-guests route, as Yukari says that she probably got possessed before telling Ran and Chen to set up a perimeter in the netherworld.

Anyway, here's what we currently know about Mima the Eternal Criminal's profile :

-Is a vengeful spirit
-Sort of a badass down there in Hell
-Wants revenge against Gensokyo
-Got some sort of vendetta against the Youkai and Hakurei Shrine
-Been around for long enough she could watch over the very old Scarlet Mist incident to unfold
-Strong enough to possess even Yukari
-Probably SUPER petty, as Satori who knows her a lot assumed she must be snickering somewhere for outsmarting everyone in the netherworld, while Reimu who's goot great intuition assumes the spirit is doing all this to scare her

There is absolutely no way this is some rando we're dealing with this time, considering all that ... In WaHH for example, there was a proper explanation given for Aunn's familiarity with the Hakurei Shrine, but the Eternal Criminal this time sounds like someone who's had personnal involvement with the events of the world ... it would be pretty difficult to shove in a completely new character, so hey ... the temptation to say that it's Mima is very strong this time ...

She also seems to have a liiiiiiiittle penchant for possessing non-Reimu characters who enjoyed playable status. This might quickly get proven wrong as we enter Eientei, where most of the non-Reisen ladies haven't been playable yet ... If I'm right here, then Reisen is gonna be the next one to experience a surprise early retirement. But if it's not her, then I'm curious to see if the Lunarians who consider themselves as Humans are gonna be hardly affected by possession like the "normal" humans, or if they're gonna get KO'ed too.

nintendonut888:
I would be lying if I didn't think it might be Mima in my darker moments, but I think there is one fatal flaw with that reasoning: It sounds like they have been sealed in Former Hell for a long time, considering Satori is treating their escape as an urgent matter, to say nothing of the fact that she originally hailed from the current hell. Also, considering all Satori knows, I think she would tell Reimu if she knew the one after her personally. Even with that said though, I can't rule it out completely - there's just too many unanswered questions.

On a similar note though, speaking as a PC-98 fan, I think it's interesting that the Eternal Criminal's MO of targeting those who took part in past incidents would conveniently leave out PC-98 and start at EoSD. When you think about it:

HRtP and MS: Took place in a different realm, would never get Reimu's attention.
SoEW: Neither perpetrator is related to one another anymore, and one has presumably not been seen for over 15 years. Would not draw a correlation.
PoDD: Both Chiyuri and Yumemi are long gone from Gensokyo.
LLS: The only viable incident. But Yuka has long since left Mugenkan and become a solitary youkai, one whom would probably not even tell others if she were possessed.

Thinking like that, it'd make sense to start at EoSD and work forward, if they were aiming for consistency in order to taunt Reimu.

Suspicious person:

--- Quote from: nintendonut888 on January 27, 2021, 09:22:37 AM ---It sounds like they have been sealed in Former Hell for a long time, considering Satori is treating their escape as an urgent matter, to say nothing of the fact that she originally hailed from the current hell.

--- End quote ---
Reimu says in the latest chapter 10 that the Eternal Criminal deliberately following the order of incident is probably in order to show Reimu that she has been watching her all that time. Mima or not, the Eternal Criminal could observe her one way or another, else she wouldn't necessarily attack in that particular order and target people who were involved in these incidents. I think here the motive to get back at these people in particular should be of importance later on. It just seem weird that we'd have some completely new and unrelated girl have some kind of personnal reason to target characters we know, especially we haven't been told some kind of grudge anyone could hold towards ALL of these victims. Probably another way of getting back at Reimu for the next reason :

--- Quote from: nintendonut888 on January 27, 2021, 09:22:37 AM ---Also, considering all Satori knows, I think she would tell Reimu if she knew the one after her personally.[/ispoiler]

--- End quote ---
Actually she kinda did, in her conversation with Yuyuko, who already guessed that the Eternal Criminal had a grudge against Youkai AND the Hakurei Shrine. This latest chapter 10 has Yukari telling Reimu about the Vengeful Spirit's true nature and motive too, but like Yuyuko, she doesn't seem to refer to its exact identity.

Lebon14:
New chapter up and might be the last one, and hopefully, just for a while because the artist had to drop out for health reasons.
In this chapter, Satori gets told by Patchy by having her own mind read. Hehe.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version