~Beyond the Border~ > The Shrinemaiden Café

Introductions thread

(1/32) > >>

Karisa:
New to MotK? Feel free to write a brief introduction for yourself here. Try to keep it to at most a few paragraphs, please.

Returning members from MotK v2 are also welcome to introduce themselves.

Potential topics (nothing is required, be as specific or unspecific as you like):
- Name, age, job or education status, country/location
- How did you learn about Touhou/find this site?
- What have you done so far in Touhou?
- Other interests or hobbies

latiasred:
(first!1112@@@@! looks like i sniped two people...)
oh nice motk already has a remake
goodbye motk :pensive:
well

i just go by latiasred/luma/luminous/AzuraAzureA/whatever, im a girl
i nolife touhou games and fangames, especially ephemeral unnatural balance, even though right now im at the normal mode level
i found touhou through osu (arrange of patchys theme by shibayan, getsurei 11.3 no candle magic) and i found motk through... huh how did i find it
i didnt even get into touhou that long ago, just february 7th of 2019. i got there just in time because then i got to experience the hype of a new game being announced
i just uhh like eating food
i use dnh and might make a fangame on it idk, maybe ill make my own game too or something

WishMakers:
Obligatory FIRST. (spot was stolen as I was typing, ffs)
But sure, let's get this started.

Hello, I'm Wish, the illusory Daniel Maku in some circles.
Currently a university student in the USA.
Found Touhou through UN Owen memes in 2012 and "BUZZ LOOK USATEI".
Done a lot in Touhou, but my biggest things are Danmakufu Woo Edition (an update to PH3 after mkm abandoned it) and Return of Eastern Wonderland, a game that will be completed soon(tm).  Also I worked on Ephemeral Unnatural Balance (go play it on Steam now!!!1)
I also adore the SMT and Persona series, as well as most JRPGs tossed my way.  I listen to Yousuke Yasui and Caravan Palace religiously.
Happy to see MotK reborn!

KaiserKnuckle:
Figures I should start DAMNIT I TOOK TOO LONG, given for the whole of the original MoTK thread I never did this.

Personal info: My name is Bronson. 21, he/him, autistic. Born in, and currently live in, Louisiana. I used to rep Austin until I moved at 17.

Touhou origins: Three specific things, in order and around 2008-2010 (UFO-TD era);

• A 2x speed version of the Ronald McDonald Insanity (aka McRoll) video. Somewhat like the first part of this video.

• An AutarchOfFlame-styled countdown video themed around boss themes where Voyage 1969 and Necrofantasia were high on the list. No way in hell would I be able to find that video again, though because of this video and Terry  Wit's infamous Mushihimesama Futari video I had the misconception that shmup TLBs were always geishas.

• For MoTK specifically: I was introduced to it by Tokiko Tatsunagi (formerly Mewkyuu, 希遠瘋癲, Neoty Kairyu, Zwyx Yajion, Victini Victory, Serperior, Miransu Uwabami, Misaki Rindou) through a video of his 0.12m script of Victini from Pokémon. That was also my induction into the group that would later become the Land of Codes and Apertures, originally hosted on PPIRC and later Skype. At the time the group was starting work on a fangame called "Worldwide War" but it only got two stages in before breaking down due to internal issues. Maybe I might put it up somewhere for archival purposes.

Touhou accomplishments: No maingame 1ccs yet, but I currently own HSiFS on Steam so maybe that'll change one day. I did, however, 1cc Suwapyon 2 on Lunatic and Extra, as well as the Len'en game Reactivate Majestical Imperial twice (thanks Vierne!), and held a couple of good Suwapyon 2 scores on the old MoTK scoreboard, including the only SuwakoA Extra score posted on the thread.

Also, I have conquered the first Danmakufu script I ever played, Suikama's "TLB Sapzdude" two times so far, after trying after several years of practicing, since, well, it's TLB-level danamku insanity.

I also have contributed the cover art for the canceled LoCAA fangame Lost the Leader, as well as the finished fangame Ephemeral Unnatural Balance, and even have a place in the credits for the latter (which I haven't seen for myself yet because no 1ccs yet, but SOON!!)

What else do I do? Collect cassette tapes, ephemera (written-in postcards and handwritten recipes), do graphic design, listen to varied musics, and find jobs wherever I can.

ZPS:
I'm ZPS, some Touhou player that exists.

I've known Touhou has existed since as far back as 2008 but never really had any interest in it until 2017, when I decided it would be a fun challenge to beat one of the games. I chose EoSD for this, and ended up developing a bit of an addiction.

Fast forward to 2020: Now I mainly score UFO and have a high score of 2.110b. I also have a Lunatic 1cc in every main series game (PC98 included) and an LNB in 6 different games (LLS, MS, EoSD, PCB, SA, and UFO). I also have the lowest miss LNB of LLS so far (2MNB)

I also play arcade shmups.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version