~Beyond the Border~ > Rumia's Party Games
Seija Quest
<< < (3/202) > >>
Tom:

--- Quote from: Kilgamayan on December 07, 2020, 06:59:38 PM ---> Inventory

--- End quote ---
> Inventory:
>> Nimble Fabric: A rare cloak you can charge with magical energy to make yourself invulnerable to magic attacks.  It's not transparent though so visibility and thus movement is quite restricted.
>> Tengu's Training Camera: A camera used by Tengu journalists in training, it can automatically focus, adjust exposure and also has a timer.  These use a novel type of rewriteable magnetic film which can recall the last 4 pictures taken, making such cameras excellent for practicing photography.  Nevertheless it can still clear bullets in frame like any other Tengu camera.
>> Miracle Mallet (Replica): Only you and Shinmyoumaru can tell the difference between the real Miracle Mallet and this perfect replica.  While it looks small and lacks miracle granting abilities, it can *certainly* deal magically enhanced blunt force trauma.

> You've got more items back at home but you only thought to bring the essentials as you're only accompanying Shinmyoumaru to the festival.

--- Quote from: Kilgamayan on December 07, 2020, 06:59:38 PM ---> How common is the knowledge that the shrine maiden was robbed of all her valuables?

--- End quote ---
> Most people have always known her to be poor so you doubt they'd notice a difference other than maybe some trinkets and artifacts being missing from inside the shrine.  The witch and oni certainly know since they're close friends but you're not sure who else she's told about it.  You suspect she's kept it to herself in fear of losing followers, who'd trust a Shrine Maiden who's naive enough to let her shrine get burglarized by Youkai!?

--- Quote from: Kilgamayan on December 07, 2020, 06:59:38 PM ---> Approach the shrine maiden. Look pensive and mildly nervous with both our facial expression and our body language; if it looks like we're up to something immediately, the others might figure us out before we win this contest.

--- End quote ---
> You approach the shrine maiden with a pensive expression, when she notices you she waves dismissively and explains "Unless you're here to help leave, we're not ready yet!"

> Everyone else too preoccupied with what they're doing to notice you.
Kilgamayan:
> Lower our voice volume just a little bit.
> "If help is what you need, red-white, that can be arranged. 'Cause I need to talk to you. In private."
Tom:

--- Quote from: Kilgamayan on December 08, 2020, 01:12:33 AM ---> Lower our voice volume just a little bit.
> "If help is what you need, red-white, that can be arranged. 'Cause I need to talk to you. In private."

--- End quote ---
> After making an annoyed expression she starts leading you towards the side of the shrine before turning around to say "Well, if you're so eager to assist why don't you help us get ready for the festival tonight?  I'm willing to discus whatever it is you want during the festival, and the sooner we set everything up the sooner it can begin."

> Then she points at some fold-able chairs in the warehouse next to the shrine and points at the tables in the front yard while thinking.  "About 15?...  No 20?..."

> As she thinks of how many chairs will be needed you hear a shattering sound on the front porch of the Hakurei Shrine.  It appears the oni dropped one of the bottles she was carrying.  The shrine maiden's expression gets noticeably angrier upon realizing this...
> "Never mind, could you help that clumsy oni mop up the mess?  Quickly, before it seeps into the wood!  There's a mop and bucket out on the back porch!"
Kilgamayan:
> "Don't want to wait until tonight. And I think you won't want to wait that long either."
> Dash off to the back porch regardless, to locate the mop and bucket. If we find them and verify that the bucket has water, grab them and return (with less dashing so as to not spill) to the front porch, and get to work on mopping.
Tom:

--- Quote from: Kilgamayan on December 08, 2020, 12:00:02 PM ---> "Don't want to wait until tonight. And I think you won't want to wait that long either."

--- End quote ---
> She clearly shows no signs of urgency

--- Quote from: Kilgamayan on December 08, 2020, 12:00:02 PM ---> Dash off to the back porch regardless, to locate the mop and bucket. If we find them and verify that the bucket has water, grab them and return (with less dashing so as to not spill) to the front porch, and get to work on mopping.

--- End quote ---

> You walk around the shrine and end up on the back porch and find the bucket and mop the red white mentioned right next to the shrine's back door.  On the way back you remember to also stop at the pond in the yard to get some water before returning to where the oni was.

> You've obtained:
>> Bucket (Water/Full): A bucket which can be used to carry liquids or small objects inside.
>> Mop (Dry): Excellent at polishing wooden floors or cleaning up small messes.

> Fortunately the bottle just broke into three pieces so there's no glass to worry about.  You quickly get to work at cleaning up the spilled sake and the clearly drunk oni happily thanks you when you're done.
> "S-sorry about that!  I swear I-I haven't had a d-drink all day~  Here I'll dump the water and dry the mop, it's the least I can do."
> With that said she grabs both the bucket and mop out of your hands (with the force of an oni!) and heads back around from where you came from.

> You've lost:
>> Bucket (Water/Full): A bucket which can be used to carry liquids or small objects inside.
>> Mop (Wet): Excellent at polishing wooden floors or cleaning up small messes.

> After the oni leaves the witch puts down some doll she was working on and notices you

> "Oh hey there!  Wait give me a moment... S- Seija!  That's it ze!  Haven't seen you in years, how'd you decide to just show up all of a sudden?  You're not up to no good are you?"
> She thinks for a bit before apparently figuring something out
> "Its not the offer in paper is it?  It must sure be tempting, especially for a Youkai ze!"
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version