~Beyond the Border~ > Akyuu's Arcade
What compels a 1CC?
<< < (2/4) > >>
williewillus:

--- Quote from: nav on January 14, 2024, 04:53:34 PM ---For what it's worth, I went for a Normal 1CC because people said it's challenging. And boy, was it ever. Took me months to get it. But point is, if I didn't want to test myself against something difficult, I woulda stuck to listening to the soundtracks and arrangements.

--- End quote ---

But it's so worth! The game soundtracks sound their best when experienced with the patterns, and I feel like people who just listen without knowing what parts of the game go with specific moments in the music are missing part of the experience.
nav:
It's definitely something worth experiencing, I was enthralled by stuff like IN final A, Yuyuko, or Satori.
williewillus:
Yeah definitely. Satori's fight and Byakuren's fight synced to the music is absolute bliss (it doesn't help though that to get the sync you have to basically play perfectly no miss no bomb)
degradingwindow:
My motivation for 1CCs are mainly just getting the good ending, some Touhou bad endings are dark, I don't really want Reimu to be hung on a cross or be stuck in Makai for eternity. When I play a new game my objective is to mainly get a no miss no bomb run on hard even though it can get frustrating for me at times.

Touhou strikes a good balance between gameplay and story, if you want either one, they provide an ample amount. Gameplay isn't really a priority for me with Touhou games, it's more of an afterthought, the more appealing part (to me atleast) are the cute girls.
Titles like STB or Hisoutensoku have a lack of story and characters but they make it up with really fun gameplay.

The games that have the better story and characters give the better overall experience but I'll always prioritize replaying the ones with better gameplay.
nav:

--- Quote from: degradingwindow on January 15, 2024, 12:53:44 AM ---I don't really want Reimu to be hung on a cross

--- End quote ---
Where does this happen?
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version