~Hakurei Shrine~ > Touhou Addict Recovery Center

Lotus Eaters manga discussion thread

<< < (5/10) > >>

Lebon14:
New chapter is up.

Aya ya. AYAYA AYAYA AYAYA AYAYA

...in other news, doesn't look very good for Miyoi.

Suspicious person:
Wine is popular, popular stuff makes money, making money is nice, so let's drink down the stuff we can make money with and sell the rest at a party later ! Dunno who this Reimu girl is, but she is so bad at business ... heck, my own business is doing better than Reimu's ... and I don't even own a business ! You'd figure that seeing people do business on her turf and seeing other people with a better sense than her do business would have helped her learn a thing or two, but apparently not

This chapter 8 was like 60% people getting drunk and 30% tengu news media working overtime. Anyway, for the next chapter, I think we might actually get some interesting interactions, cuz on one hand, we've got Mamizou, who's had that little information battle with Aya back in FS, while on the other hand, we've got Suika, a top dog Oni, a race which had a little thing going on with the Tengus before leaving (iirc). Maybe the conclusion of the next chapter is gonna see Aya become another regular for Geidontei and probably even make some promo for it, although I'm not quite sure how things are gonna unfold.

Branneg Xy:
--- Quote from: Suspicious person on May 27, 2020, 07:17:56 PM ---Hm, the suspicious lack of introduction for Mamizou in this chapter 7 makes me think that the empty title card box thingy of hers in the previous chapter 6 might be a mistake from the manga-making people. I wonder if it'll get fixed eventually

Also manga Mamizou abilities honestly seem much more respectable than in the games or how it gets described : fire transformation was nice, but pulling a much more competent Rumia darkness plus trapping some poor sap inside a freaking pipe ? Not bad at all !

It becomes very clear that the setting for this manga is gonna be the Human Village and the Hakurei Shrine. I'd want to visit other places, but the new dynamic where the main cast are not necessarily on friendly terms (and even quite suspicious of each other) might give birth to something interesting. I also like how we get to see much more expressions aside from the usual carefree attitude. Also lots of Miyoi bulli this chapter, new levels of bulli potential.

Anyway, if we're gonna go the youkai pub route, I'd like to see if we're eventually gonna get other youkai folks living close by the village *cough*Sekibanki*cough* helping Miyoi in her work eventually.

--- End quote ---

:point: > https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/ :power:

To 1.
--- Quote from: Suspicious person on June 26, 2020, 01:50:42 PM ---Wine is popular, popular stuff makes money, making money is nice, so let's drink down the stuff we can make money with and sell the rest at a party later ! Dunno who this Reimu girl is, but she is so bad at business ... heck, my own business is doing better than Reimu's ... and I don't even own a business ! You'd figure that seeing people do business on her turf and seeing other people with a better sense than her do business would have helped her learn a thing or two, but apparently not

This chapter 8 was like 60% people getting drunk and 30% tengu news media working overtime. Anyway, for the next chapter, I think we might actually get some interesting interactions, cuz on one hand, we've got Mamizou, who's had that little information battle with Aya back in FS, while on the other hand, we've got Suika, a top dog Oni, a race which had a little thing going on with the Tengus before leaving (iirc). Maybe the conclusion of the next chapter is gonna see Aya become another regular for Geidontei and probably even make some promo for it, although I'm not quite sure how things are gonna unfold.

--- End quote ---
fullpower: > https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Mamizou_Futatsuiwa <   :spell:

:

Suspicious person:
Well
that was a month

I guess I'll just be
waiting for the next one

Nothing really happening in this chapter 9, which is really looking like a 8.5 to me, besides Reimu following up on what she previously said, and telling Aya stuff we already know, all over the course of 15 pages, which is less than usual.

Reimu's decision to let Aya take care of things is indeed pretty weird since she is still the same Reimu who'd break a meeting between important dignitaries (SoPM) over super stretch youkai reasons, break youkai funtime at multiple occasions in FS (including a village VIP from the salt mansion)), and break suspicious but not ill intentioned fortune tellers in two.

Zashiki warashi are indeed acceptable in the village, but Miyoi's been Kosuzuing a little bit too much on aline she shouldn't be crossing ... a proper reason besides "she seemed nice" might be needed, unless this is part of an attempt to *gurgle* humanize *coughs*Reimu.

Anyway,  besides food and booze, the current manga seems to be whether Whale girl's gonna get busted and ousted for now. The main thing that helps the status quo is that she is backed by one of the strongest people if the world, so it might take a little bit more for a proper shake up.

Branneg Xy:

--- Quote from: Suspicious person on July 27, 2020, 07:30:31 AM ---Well
that was a month

I guess I'll just be
waiting for the next one

Nothing really happening in this chapter 9, which is really looking like a 8.5 to me, besides Reimu following up on what she previously said, and telling Aya stuff w

Reimu's decision to let Aya take care of things is indeed pretty weird since she is still the same Reimu who'd break a meeting between important dignitaries (SoPM) over super stretch youkai reasons, break youkai funtime at multiple occasions in FS (including a village VIP from the salt mansion)), and break suspicious but not ill intentioned fortune tellers in two.

--- End quote ---

Well unlike those cirmunstances this is a "Different PoV and Nicely Useful Opportunity by Reimu to receive help and seek collaboration with Aya".
Besides the situation is not as potentially dangerous/imbalancingwhen dealing with
(Unnamed Umatsuki)https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Minor_Characters#Unnamed_Umatsuki
and with (The Fortune-teller) https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Minor_Characters#The_Fortune-teller
(FS/Forbidden Scrollery)who,notwithstanding misunderstandings and misjudgements by the Fandom,were so much affected by the"Non-Danmaku"EVIL-cleansing Hakurei Talisman that they were Truly Exterminated(indication and highlight of ,a complete opposite of the "Innocence" of the Unnamed Fox Student https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Minor_Characters#Unnamed_Fox_student
,their Big Evil Intentions rooted in their Nature & Actions).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version